Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2356281

Subject: "2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Sat Aug-02-14 01:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post"

So now what?

Paul's likely out for the season. Lance has been "replaced" by Rodney Stuckey. Hibbert and West have player options on their contracts next year and Hibbert looked abysmal in the playoffs.

Do you look to deal West, Hibbert, and George Hill for youth for a quick rebuild? Do you weather the storm for a year and hope Hibbert doesn't opt out and David West doesn't decline?

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: 2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post
Aug 03rd 2014
Where are we at with C.J. Watson
Aug 03rd 2014
Closing time (c) Leonard Cohen
Aug 03rd 2014
Shouldn't they hope Hibbert DOES opt out?
Aug 03rd 2014
Suck this season and you'll get PG and a top pick back next year
Aug 04th 2014
#lifecomesatyoufast
Aug 04th 2014

Castro
Charter member
50765 posts
Sun Aug-03-14 08:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: 2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post"
In response to Reply # 0

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/617.png&w=350&h=254

------------------
One Hundred.

Nate Geezie
Member since Feb 07th 2004
13530 posts
Sun Aug-03-14 10:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Where are we at with C.J. Watson"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm too lazy to look...

I felt like he should have been starting over Hill at various times last year. With no Lance and no Paul, that's gonna put the ball in Hills hands even more and I'm not totally comfortable with that. PG and Lance ran the offense (for better and for worse) just as much as Hill did last season

I Grew Up On Booty Shake...We Did Not Know No Betta Thangs...

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Aug-03-14 10:33 AM

3. "Closing time (c) Leonard Cohen"
In response to Reply # 0

They are cooked in this current incarnation. Hopefully PG can recover and they can build a new team with him still in place. Lots of bad luck for this organization recently, Granger was their last centerpiece and injuries ruined him in a hurry also.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Sun Aug-03-14 11:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Shouldn't they hope Hibbert DOES opt out?"
In response to Reply # 0

He's overrated af and always has been.

They have no scoring this year, Stuckey and West are their top offensive players.

They should tank it and rebuild, although not tanking may not be an option. They're undoubtedly not a playoff team.

Their best hope is for Hibbert to show a spark so they can trade him along with George Hill and rebuild. The window was closing even before PG's injury.

Who knows if Paul's career trajectory will ever get back on the same track. I wouldn't bet on it. They're not doing anything this year anyway, they need to start planning for the future and rebuild.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59254 posts
Mon Aug-04-14 08:50 AM

5. "Suck this season and you'll get PG and a top pick back next year"
In response to Reply # 0

Win-Win...they wasn't doing much w.o. lance this season anyway.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Mon Aug-04-14 09:02 AM

6. "#lifecomesatyoufast"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd forgotten they lost Lance already.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2356281 Previous topic | Next topic