Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2356281
2356281, 2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post
Posted by SoulHonky, Sat Aug-02-14 01:33 PM
So now what?

Paul's likely out for the season. Lance has been "replaced" by Rodney Stuckey. Hibbert and West have player options on their contracts next year and Hibbert looked abysmal in the playoffs.

Do you look to deal West, Hibbert, and George Hill for youth for a quick rebuild? Do you weather the storm for a year and hope Hibbert doesn't opt out and David West doesn't decline?
2356348, RE: 2014 Indiana Pacers Offseason Post
Posted by Castro, Sun Aug-03-14 08:05 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/617.png&w=350&h=254
2356356, Where are we at with C.J. Watson
Posted by Nate Geezie, Sun Aug-03-14 10:16 AM
I'm too lazy to look...

I felt like he should have been starting over Hill at various times last year. With no Lance and no Paul, that's gonna put the ball in Hills hands even more and I'm not totally comfortable with that. PG and Lance ran the offense (for better and for worse) just as much as Hill did last season

I Grew Up On Booty Shake...We Did Not Know No Betta Thangs...
2356359, Closing time (c) Leonard Cohen
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Aug-03-14 10:33 AM
They are cooked in this current incarnation. Hopefully PG can recover and they can build a new team with him still in place. Lots of bad luck for this organization recently, Granger was their last centerpiece and injuries ruined him in a hurry also.
2356406, Shouldn't they hope Hibbert DOES opt out?
Posted by icecold21, Sun Aug-03-14 11:32 PM
He's overrated af and always has been.

They have no scoring this year, Stuckey and West are their top offensive players.

They should tank it and rebuild, although not tanking may not be an option. They're undoubtedly not a playoff team.

Their best hope is for Hibbert to show a spark so they can trade him along with George Hill and rebuild. The window was closing even before PG's injury.

Who knows if Paul's career trajectory will ever get back on the same track. I wouldn't bet on it. They're not doing anything this year anyway, they need to start planning for the future and rebuild.
2356436, Suck this season and you'll get PG and a top pick back next year
Posted by Cenario, Mon Aug-04-14 08:50 AM
Win-Win...they wasn't doing much w.o. lance this season anyway.
2356440, #lifecomesatyoufast
Posted by CherNic, Mon Aug-04-14 09:02 AM
I'd forgotten they lost Lance already.