Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2217009

Subject: "Which NFL team will be the biggest sleeper this season?" Previous topic | Next topic
Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Which NFL team will be the biggest sleeper this season?"

Poll result (23 votes)
Cleveland Browns (4 votes)Vote
Detroit Lions (3 votes)Vote
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4 votes)Vote
Kansas City Chiefs (7 votes)Vote
St. Louis Rams (3 votes)Vote
OTHER (2 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
replace Cleveland with Miami
Aug 08th 2013
Sad part is you're serious too
Aug 08th 2013
      well yea, browns ain't gettin no votes here lol
Aug 08th 2013
           Miami is definitely better then the Browns
Aug 08th 2013
                Idk we got Wayne Hunter 2.0 at LT right now
Aug 08th 2013
                     the AFC is awful
Aug 08th 2013
I pick Tampa btw
Aug 08th 2013
I hate to say it but I agree
Aug 08th 2013
      stop.
Aug 08th 2013
Rams......our defense will be one of the best in the league...
Aug 08th 2013
your RBs are all unproven
Aug 08th 2013
perhaps the least important position in football
Aug 08th 2013
true....but the 5 we have all bring something to the table...
Aug 08th 2013
I just looked at your roster and I don't see it
Aug 08th 2013
lot of folks didn't realize how well Chris Givens played in his
Aug 08th 2013
lot of people on this bandwagon, I think they'll be real disappointed
Aug 08th 2013
I voted Lions cause I'm a homer, but these are all really good choices.
Aug 08th 2013
What is this site?
Aug 08th 2013
what site you talking about? sounds like a fun way to kill some work
Aug 08th 2013
      Edit: Here it is (link inside)
Aug 08th 2013
Defensive line has more sacks than any NFL team over the last
Aug 08th 2013
      yeah. St. Louis' has a great d-line, that could easily be even better.
Aug 08th 2013
      I was gonna mention their d-line play, which has obviously been excellen...
Aug 08th 2013
Bills in the playoffs
Aug 08th 2013
Second, maybe. Maxxxxx still exists.
Aug 08th 2013
talent, lack of great AFC teams, and coach makes Chiefs the answer
Aug 08th 2013
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaiders ese'
Aug 08th 2013
The Browns "Why Your Team Sucks" by deadspin was golden this year
Aug 08th 2013
Colts' one was great.
Aug 08th 2013
Watch the Browns go 9-7 in that crazy division
Aug 08th 2013
.... And mess up our shot at Teddy!? GTFOH
Aug 08th 2013
Nah they'll go 2-14 and trade the number 1 pick lol
Aug 08th 2013
reports are their O is not getting on Norv's page too well so far
Aug 08th 2013
not following Norv? They're doing better than expected then lol
Aug 08th 2013
Not even yo. Browns going to be 4-12.
Aug 08th 2013
Arizona Cardinals
Aug 08th 2013
The Eagles will win games that they shouldn't
Aug 08th 2013
It's Carolina guys. Chiefs a close second though
Aug 09th 2013
KC is 7-0, who saw that coming?
Oct 21st 2013

LBs Finest
Member since Sep 28th 2005
19846 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "replace Cleveland with Miami"
In response to Reply # 0

Starks dunked on Bulls
12028 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 11:50 AM

14. "Sad part is you're serious too"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu Aug-08-13 11:52 AM by Starks dunked on Bul

>

As much as people joke on the Jets, they will always be ahead of Fins and Bills.

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 11:53 AM

15. "well yea, browns ain't gettin no votes here lol"
In response to Reply # 14

Even with the dolphins being an option I was still gonna pick Tampa, just think Miami is a better candidate to surprise than Cleveland

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:18 PM

18. "Miami is definitely better then the Browns"
In response to Reply # 15

I think Miami gets the 6 seed...

<< Started From The Bottom

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:45 PM

24. "Idk we got Wayne Hunter 2.0 at LT right now"
In response to Reply # 18

I'll say 9 wins, don't know if that's enough for a wildcard spot

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:47 PM

25. "the AFC is awful"
In response to Reply # 24

leave it to the Jets to be complete shit when the conference is at an all-time low...

Denver is the only team who'd make the playoffs in the nfc imo

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:33 AM

2. "I pick Tampa btw"
In response to Reply # 0

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16849 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:19 AM

5. "I hate to say it but I agree"
In response to Reply # 2

the only thing about Tampa though is Revis is bout to find out all that holding ain't gone fly on a non-sexy team. plus Schiano is messing up by feuding with Josh Freeman, he better let that man cook

<================================
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/raysnill1/2012falcons.jpg

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:15 PM

16. "stop."
In response to Reply # 5

>the only thing about Tampa though is Revis is bout to find
>out all that holding ain't gone fly on a non-sexy team.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:38 AM

3. "Rams......our defense will be one of the best in the league..."
In response to Reply # 0

we got multiple running backs who can make plays.....a solid young group of WRs with Tavon Austin bringing a new dimension.... and an O-Line that can protect Bradford..

we ready...

LBs Finest
19846 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:44 AM

4. "your RBs are all unproven"
In response to Reply # 3

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:56 AM

10. "perhaps the least important position in football"
In response to Reply # 4

as in, it's by far the easiest to get production out of.

provided you have a decent OL and/or pass game.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 11:45 AM

13. "true....but the 5 we have all bring something to the table..."
In response to Reply # 4

Richardson showed he can play last season..I think he'll be the starter....Pead has great speed and is a solid receiver..he'll probably be our 3rd down and passing situation back....

to me the guy with the best all-around potential is Terrance Ganaway..he was RGIIIs Rb at Baylor ...dude is big....a downhill runner and has breakaway speed..... rookie Zac Stacy is gonna be the other bruiser back.....and Bennie Cunningham is another guy built to be an every down back..

with the exception of Richardson really..yeah we are pretty much unproven..but the last time the Rams had a question as to who would start at Running back was 1998 when Amp Lee, June Henley and Robert Holcombe shared the duties....

it's an exciting time really to have all these young weapons competing and ready to shine.... Jackson was my guy..and last year he played with a lot of heart and desire...but I've been a bit burned out on him for a few years now...he danced to much before hitting the hole and didn't have the break away speed any more...

we got multiple weapons right now...unproven..but ready to whoo-ride...

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:38 AM

7. "I just looked at your roster and I don't see it"
In response to Reply # 3

I am rooting for Bradford, but I don't see the weapons. Tavon Austin is nice, but slot WRs don't make an offense. Relying on young, unproven WRs is not a recipe for success. You can get away with it at the RB position, but not WR. Jared Cook had better for for 1,000 and 8 TDs or else it could be a long year. I hope I am wrong (Rams are closest thing I have to a #2 team), but that's how I see it.

>we got multiple running backs who can make plays.....a solid
>young group of WRs with Tavon Austin bringing a new
>dimension.... and an O-Line that can protect Bradford..
>
>we ready...

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 11:40 AM

12. "lot of folks didn't realize how well Chris Givens played in his"
In response to Reply # 7

rookie season...he lead Rookie WRs in a few categories....he's added muscle and with Tavon Austin...those 2 may be the 2 fastest WRs on any team in the league.... Givens is growing into a Steve Smith type of WR...

on the other side.... Austin Pettis and Brian Quick are battling for the other starting spot.... Pettis hasn't gotten too many looks in his short career but last year showed how well he can do as a big possession WR in the red zone.....also he came up with a huge 4th down catch last year against the forty niners in the tie...

and Brian Quick has made huge strides.... worked with TO in the offseason and working with Bruce and Holt now....his routes are crisp..and he's got that explosive speed.... He's gonna really bubble this year...

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:17 PM

17. "lot of people on this bandwagon, I think they'll be real disappointed"
In response to Reply # 3

they went 4-1-1 in division... as good as that division is I'll give them 3-3 at best this year...

I think they will be better, but that doesn't always equal wins... I say the Rams go 6-10

Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I voted Lions cause I'm a homer, but these are all really good choices."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Aug-08-13 09:34 AM by Jayson Willyams

There's not a team in this poll that I don't think will improve (I'm sure at least one will regress, just because it's the NFL, but it will be surprising when it happens).

I think the Browns have a lot of good things in place, but their ceiling is just so low as long as Weeden is their QB. They're gonna be right back to drafting a 1st/2nd Round QB in 2014. Nice defense though, and some interesting pieces. But if they think they can run Richardson 360+ times this year for 3.5 yards a pop and actually win anything, they're nuts.

The Lions should be much improved. I think they had the biggest difference last season between "Expected wins" and actual wins, which is frequently a good indicator of the next year's performance. In other words, they lost a ton of close games due to some really outlandish, stupid shit that they did. If they can cut some of that out, their talent level should get them back to the playoffs. Our offensive system was utterly broken last year--teams sold out on the pass 100% and we couldn't make them pay for it. Hopefully, with healthy receivers, Bush, and a more athletic O-line, we'll be able to make some plays in space and keep defenses honest. Hopefully. (And our D-Line should be collecting scalps all year.)

The Bucs took their biggest weakness (secondary) and seemingly turned it into a strength. Now, that looks good on paper, but ask the 2012 Eagles how "on paper" looks. They revamped the secondary with a lot of names, too, and only succeeded in making it worse. Still, a solid team, and they get back two huge pieces along the O-line to help out Martin and Freeman. Murderous division though--they can go 9-7 and still consider 2013 a success, imo.

The Chiefs...man, I dunno. I actually think they're gonna be pretty feisty. I found a site that lets you pick the winner of every single NFL game, and it autopopulates the standings and playoffs for you. By the time I was done, I had the Chiefs at 10-6, with the last Wild Card spot. Favorable schedule, huge upgrade at QB, and a new offensive system that should fit the talent very well. OKS will shit on them because Philly sports fans are cunts, but hey, that's life.

The Rams have no shot of making the playoffs in that division. That's not an insult, Warren. They'll be better, but I don't know wtf you think they're "ready" for. You got some nice pieces on defense, but "one of the best defenses in the league" is a stretch. They were average-to-good last year, but I don't see enough changing there to make the leap to top-tier. Still, they had a great draft top-to-bottom, and they're well coached. Bradford has to put up or walk this year. They'll give Seattle and San Fran fits again, but I think they're still topping out at 3rd place.

Y2Flound
Member since Aug 16th 2005
9819 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:21 PM

19. "What is this site?"
In response to Reply # 6

I found a site that lets you pick the winner of every single NFL game, and it autopopulates the standings and playoffs for you.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:22 PM

20. "what site you talking about? sounds like a fun way to kill some work"
In response to Reply # 19

downtime

Jayson Willyams
3260 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
23. "Edit: Here it is (link inside)"
In response to Reply # 20
Thu Aug-08-13 12:36 PM by Jayson Willyams

http://clinton-morell.com/n.html

This is how mine looked when I was done (this was back in April, looks like dude has been working on it): http://i.imgur.com/QL6Pkhk.png

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:27 PM

26. "Defensive line has more sacks than any NFL team over the last"
In response to Reply # 6

, but "one of the best defenses in the
>league" is a stretch.

2 seasons combined....

2 first team all rookies on defense last year in Jenkins and Brockers..

not not that much of a stretch for a team that went 4-1-1 in the toughest division in football last year...and added Ogletree and TJ McDonald to that defense...

will_5198
Charter member
63200 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:31 PM

27. "yeah. St. Louis' has a great d-line, that could easily be even better."
In response to Reply # 26

I don't think much of their safeties, but if the offense is anything better than last year (ie one of the worst in football), the defense as a whole can take that next step.

--------

Jayson Willyams
3260 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:40 PM

30. "I was gonna mention their d-line play, which has obviously been excellen..."
In response to Reply # 26

Still don't think they have the horses to be on top of that division in January. I'd love to be wrong though, I can't stand Seattle/San Fran.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32128 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:44 AM

8. "Bills in the playoffs"
In response to Reply # 0

you heard it here first!

Jayson Willyams
3260 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:51 AM

9. "Second, maybe. Maxxxxx still exists."
In response to Reply # 8

>you heard it here first!

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18432 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:58 AM

11. "talent, lack of great AFC teams, and coach makes Chiefs the answer"
In response to Reply # 0

Chiefs actually should win at least 8 this year.

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33867 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:22 PM

21. "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaiders ese'"
In response to Reply # 0

Hahaha..I'm not serious... I'm just used to hearing this all day in LA if I mention the NFL

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 12:26 PM

22. "The Browns "Why Your Team Sucks" by deadspin was golden this year"
In response to Reply # 0

although the Colts one actually almost made me piss myself

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-cleveland-browns-1052726045

will_5198
Charter member
63200 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:39 PM

29. "Colts' one was great."
In response to Reply # 22

--------

Lach
Charter member
44341 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:35 PM

28. "Watch the Browns go 9-7 in that crazy division"
In response to Reply # 0

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28890 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 01:48 PM

31. ".... And mess up our shot at Teddy!? GTFOH"
In response to Reply # 28

I WILL NOT SIT HERE AND LET YOU CYSE THE SQUAD.

Brandon Weeden about continue his Chris Weinke progression. We winning three games at most and I'm fine because I want Teddy as the quarterback of the future. JC will be a great mentor to Teddy.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 05:41 PM

34. "Nah they'll go 2-14 and trade the number 1 pick lol"
In response to Reply # 31

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 02:56 PM

32. "reports are their O is not getting on Norv's page too well so far"

Lach
Charter member
44341 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 07:42 PM

36. "not following Norv? They're doing better than expected then lol"
In response to Reply # 32

Castro
Charter member
50761 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 07:46 PM

37. "Not even yo. Browns going to be 4-12."

------------------
One Hundred.

FromTheGo
Member since Feb 04th 2003
10606 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 04:08 PM

33. "Arizona Cardinals"
In response to Reply # 0

#Honeybadger

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
http://s17.postimg.org/6r7bfqpnz/kyrieglass.jpg - They Call Him Mr. Glass

sfMatt
Member since Jun 20th 2002
10383 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 05:46 PM

35. "The Eagles will win games that they shouldn't"
In response to Reply # 0

ChampD1012
Member since Sep 27th 2003
8355 posts
Fri Aug-09-13 05:14 PM

38. "It's Carolina guys. Chiefs a close second though"
In response to Reply # 0

Starks dunked on Bulls
12028 posts
Mon Oct-21-13 12:13 PM

39. "KC is 7-0, who saw that coming?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Oct-21-13 12:14 PM by Starks dunked on Bul

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2217009 Previous topic | Next topic