Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #737180

Subject: "Reprisal, season 1 (Hulu)" Previous topic | Next topic
Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Reprisal, season 1 (Hulu)"

3 episodes in and I'm feeling it.

Critics are saying it's all style over substance; however, I'm loving the style.

Nice performances from Abigail Spencer and Craig Tate. Rory Cochrane is in it too but he hasn't done much in the first few eps besides the opening scene of episode 1.
50's rockabilly style, midwestern/southern gothic, and modern pulp elements. Not quite noir, but some might label it that.

Dialog can be really good at times.

The plot is whatever.. femme fatale revenge.. like a female Count of Montecristo, but I'm sure there are some twists and turns up ahead.

It's beautifully shot. Great production value.

Hints of action/violence, but so far, there hasn't been any mindblowing sequences. I'm hoping there will be a payoff in this department, or I'll be very disappointed.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
marathoned the whole thing over the last two days
Dec 11th 2019

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 10:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "marathoned the whole thing over the last two days"
In response to Reply # 0

critics are right, it's all style of substance. The world-building is cool but too mysterious and Twin Peaks like. They needed to flesh out the plot a little more and you can tell it was written in the hope of getting a second season.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #737180 Previous topic | Next topic