Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #570740

Subject: "Weeds Season 7" Previous topic | Next topic
ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Fri Jun-24-11 02:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Weeds Season 7"

Yeah, we know, "the show where that white bitch be getting away with shit"

We know. Bye bye.

They're back, and everything's flashed forward 3 years after Nancy's prison stint ("see, why can't we see that white bitch pay for her bullshit, and when she gon start selling weed again?" <---- TOKPR)

Here's an interview with Jenji. She mentions that we might see "people from the past," which may or may not include our beloved Conrad... though on the TiVo I did see the name "Tonye Patano" listed... she was Heylia on the early seasons...

ew.com:

>'Weeds' creator Jenji Kohan previews season 7 in the Spoiler Room (Will this be the final season?!)

by Sandra Gonzalez
Categories: Television, The Spoiler Room, TV Scoop, Weeds

Hello, Spoiler Roomies! As you read this I’m getting eaten alive by mosquitoes in my motherland (Texas). But I’ve taken a break from vacation to bring you a spoiler-filled Q&A with Weeds creator Jenji Kohan about season 7 (kicks off Monday!), which will hopefully tide you over until I can return and answer a ton of your questions.
On that note, remember to send any and all inquiries to spoilerrooom@ew.com (note the two “r”s) or Tweet them to me at @EWSandraG. I’m still off next week, but I’ll see you the week after! Until then!

SPOILER ROOM: So we pick up three years later in the premiere. How are we going to learn about how prison has affected Nancy?

JENJI KOHAN: You can’t help but be affected by your experiences; however, one of the core mantras of this show seems to be that people don’t change. I think, in a lot of ways, that perhaps prison was just furthering her education in crime school. In prison, she did what she needed to do in order to survive, and now that she’s back again, I don’t think it’s too long before she falls into her old habits.

SR: She kicks off the business once again.

JK: Yeah. She’s certainly attracted to it, and it’s the family business, so it’s hard to walk away from that.

SR: Do we get the sense that she’s learned any lesson at all, or has it rolled off of her?

JK: I think more than anything, it’s rolled off of her. Do we ever learn our lessons? Not really. (Laughs) Nope. Would it be any fun if we did? Probably not. So I think she really has done some thinking and wants to get back on the horse.

SR: And wants to get back on iced coffee, as well, I’m sure.

JK: Indeed! We had a lot of discussion about that, actually. We took a skeleton crew and shot some stuff in New York, and one of the things on the schedule was for her to sort of collapse in worship in front of a coffee place. We didn’t have time to shoot it, but there will be definite nods to her other addiction — beyond danger.

SR: It’s interesting that you call prison “crime school.” Are we going to get the sense that she’s better at it now because of the time she served? Did she learn any new tricks?

JK: Um, I don’t know if she’s ever better at it because I think with any criminal activity, you fly by the seat of your pants. There’s no agenda; there’s no minutes on the board meeting that day. You have to figure it out as you go, and circumstances can change so quickly. I’m sure she got tips and leads on things while she was in prison, but it’s a seat-of-your-pants kind of occupation, and that’s what she loves. I think she’ll just keep seeing what she can do.

SR: Tell me about the decision to jump three years in the future.

JK: It was a huge decision. It was a huge decision for us because we usually start the next minute (after the season ends) and everyone yells at us because Shane’s grown 8 inches and it’s technically only two hours later. But this year, it was really a matter of “Do we want to do prison?” Did we want to go into the minutiae of her talking about Esteban’s business? Or did we want to explore witness protection? And none of those areas were things we were particularly enchanted with when we were breaking the season. So we figured, let’s just catch up to where they are and let’s just proceed from there. Prison, in a lot of ways, is lost time. It is, they call it, sitting in stir. We wanted to see her active and with her people, and it would have been two shows in one, I think.

SR: Are we going to see flashbacks to that time?

JK: Probably not. There’s a lot of references and certainly people from that time will come back and inform us as to what she might have been doing when she was off camera. We also allude to what the boys had been doing in Copenhagen, and Andy and Doug, while she was in prison. In episode 1, you really try to bring everyone in and really get them going for the season. Truthfully, we have a lot of housekeeping to do. We had to sort of bring our whole audience up to speed, so that’s kind of what the first episode’s about.

SR:What can you tell me about the guest cast we’ll be seeing this season.

JK: Jennifer Jason Leigh is always a treat and a delight, and it’s such a great sister relationship, just to continue the dysfunctional family. Martin Short is an attorney who’s helping out Nancy. Aidan Quinn is a potential love interest. I love the guest casting and the name casting, but I’m also really proud of the in-house casting we do and just random actors who audition and turn out to be fantastic. We have some casting gods smiling down on us often at Weeds.

SR: It’s interesting that you say Aidan Quinn is a possible interest, because I was still holding out for Nancy and Andy.

JK: Aww! I know, I know! I mean, talk about dysfunction. You want to see it, but also, everyone’s standing there, saying, “DON’T DO IT, MAN! NO!” They’re certainly connected in each other’s lives and everything, but I think Andy needs to branch out a little bit, and hopefully we’ll see that this season.

SR: Are there any episodes you’re especially excited for people to see?

JK: I think they’re all great. I’m so excited about what I’m reading and what we’re shooting and posting. We’re right in the thick of it right now. I’m just truly excited by all of it. We’re in New York now, and it’s a whole new ballgame. There’s just a lot of exciting stuff coming down the pike, and the writers are so good at what they do and it’s like asking, “What’s your favorite finger?” I can’t; they all serve a purpose.

SR: But you guys aren’t filming here in New York, right?

JK: No, we are not. We never left Hollywood to go across country. We just don’t have the budget. I wish we did — but I don’t wish we did because truthfully, we have a remarkable crew out here. We probably couldn’t take them all with us back east, and I would hate to see the family that has developed for 7 years suddenly split apart. It’s not ideal to shoot LA for New York, but it’s worth it to me to have our people doing it. I’m sure Mary Louise is not thrilled because we make her come out here from New York every year, and she’s like, “I came all the way out to LA to shoot New York? What’s going on?” But as I said, we did shoot some B-roll with her in New York, and we’re doing our best to remain authentic and true to the spirit of the city.

SR: Well, you guys went cross-country last year. I’m sure staying in one place won’t be as hard as that.

JK: Exactly. And we’re also hoping to explore parts of New York that people don’t see as often, like Washington Heights, and Queens and different areas, so I think that’ll be fun.

SR: Are they going to have roots this time around?

JK: You know, they are gypsies at heart, but I think any time you come to a new place, you have to have some kind of home base — just so you feel grounded. But home is where your family is. Wherever you are, it’s about the people you’re surrounded by, not necessarily where you lay your head.

SR: Are we going to see the recurring characters back too, like Doug?

JK: Oh sure. Sure. Maybe some surprises this season, we’ll see. Maybe some faces from the past. I’m not at liberty to say. We’re elephants down here, we never forget. We really believe our auxiliary cast are full whole people with lives that continue as our casts’ lives continue. So people can always come back, unless they’re dead which happens.

SR: A little Jeffrey Dean Morgan flashback would be great. He’s a big movie star now, though.

JK: Oh I know. I know. We were extraordinarily lucky.

SR: Lastly, is this the final season?

JK: My deal’s up. This is my baby, but who knows. But as far as I know, we don’t have a deal for season 8. I don’t know what the future holds.

also on Facebook

Back for 22 mo' -- January 2012

HAI HATERZ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm actually excited because of the 3 year jump
Jun 24th 2011
Been with it from the get go and not tired yet
Jun 24th 2011
Nobody wants to discuss the premier?
Jun 28th 2011
RE: Nobody wants to discuss the premier?
Jun 29th 2011
I liked the 3 year jump and I'm cautiously optimistic.
Jun 28th 2011
They write themselves into corners and then just say fuck it
Jun 29th 2011
Nope, Prison didn't change her. She's still a dumb bitch
Jul 05th 2011
I don't understand why she's running from her family?
Jul 05th 2011
General embarrassment and weirdness after 3 years in jail
Jul 05th 2011
      You know I could buy that if she were a regular person that went to
Jul 06th 2011
           Could also be she doesn't want to drag them through her shit again
Jul 06th 2011
                Again I could see that if Nancy were of benevolent type
Jul 07th 2011
yeah, I don't get why the fuck she was smoking.
Jul 07th 2011
Quick trivia: the halfway house man is also
Jul 05th 2011
and the dad of malcolm in the middle's best friend
Jul 05th 2011
      and the Black inmate in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
Jul 05th 2011
           And the voice of Uncle Ruckus on the Boondocks
Jul 06th 2011
                STFU!
Jul 06th 2011
                Oh shit
Jul 06th 2011
                Ha I cheated and saw it on IMDB
Jul 06th 2011
                no relation
Jul 06th 2011
                YOUNG seriously that's Uncle Rukus!!
Jul 07th 2011
                Great, now everytime I see him I'll hear the Uncle Ruckus theme.
Jul 07th 2011
Well last night's episode didn't suck.
Jul 12th 2011
iono, I understand why he did what he did.
Jul 12th 2011
still not sure where this season is headed....
Jul 12th 2011
I'm shocked she's so gung-ho to get back into drugs.
Jul 12th 2011
Didn't she say she needed fast money to get her son?
Jul 21st 2011
"Hey. Why is your apartment weird and full of danger?"
Jul 21st 2011
is it me or were Nancy's nieces creepy as hell...
Jul 22nd 2011
I'm sure someone will remake "The Shining" so ......
Jul 22nd 2011
Well you guys got your wish... [SPOILER]
Jul 26th 2011
She's the greatest
Jul 26th 2011
oh hell naw!! i'm glad to see her back but i'm wondering how it'll go
Jul 26th 2011
I'm more curious as to
Jul 26th 2011
      Dean?
Jul 26th 2011
      Yeah i was wondering that as well in the preview
Jul 27th 2011
Man I REALLY hope they don't bring back Celia, tho.
Aug 09th 2011
Nancy Botwin Must Die
Aug 25th 2011
cosign
Aug 26th 2011
Michelle Trachtenberg is BAD.
Aug 25th 2011
yeah, I don't know what it is but she does something to me too...
Aug 26th 2011
nice breaking bad season 3 ending.
Sep 27th 2011
i laughed
Sep 27th 2011
Jenji, on the finale (link) (SPOILER)
Sep 27th 2011
So very weak.
Sep 27th 2011
So who shot her
Sep 27th 2011
What happened with Emma?
Sep 30th 2011
White bitch not dead yet: Weeds renewed for season 8 (swipe)
Nov 16th 2011
RE: Weeds Season 7
Nov 16th 2011
This has GOT to be the last season, might as well finish it out.
Nov 17th 2011

Y2Flound
Member since Aug 16th 2005
9819 posts
Fri Jun-24-11 04:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm actually excited because of the 3 year jump"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't know that was happening but the show needed it.

We all know the show needed some type of change and big kick in the ass, this could be it. could also not be it but at least it is a chance for something new.

This season would have been awful if it was all about her trying to make a plea deal, protect her family, rat out esteban etc...

KingMonte
Member since Feb 13th 2006
4675 posts
Fri Jun-24-11 05:06 PM

2. "Been with it from the get go and not tired yet"
In response to Reply # 0

The jump has me intrigued, but I just like the characters.

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Tue Jun-28-11 11:36 AM

3. "Nobody wants to discuss the premier?"
In response to Reply # 0

Some things I really liked.

Esteban being dead and his cartel breaking up- I hope this is real, I don't want a season of her just running from him and his goons again, hopefully that story line is just finished.

Shane being a grownup- This season going 3 years in the future benefits Shane's character the most. Every other season picked up where the last one left off but yet Shane looking 2 years older. This time he is just a grown up who is allowed to be a weirdo, yet he is still strangely dependent on Andy and his mom since they were always there for him.

The jump in the future in general- Finally feels like some fresh shit can happen on this show now that 3 years have passed.

Nancy's kid calling her Aunt Nancy- This is probably the first real hard hitting thing to just say yea you fucked up too much now look what happened. She isn't going to just take the kid and fuck him up worse so she will always have to deal with her son being her nephew.

Things I didn't like

Silas as a model- I'm sure this won't be a big storyline but he just irked me sitting in the chair having his face pampered.

Nancy grabbing all those grenades- I don't know where thats going but god damn woman. You JUST got out of jail and got the warning that you'll head right back if you fuck up once. You telling me on day 1 you are going to bring a suitcase of grenades into a halfway house where he said we will randomly check your shit?

Overall the debut has me interested in the season, I just hope they manage to avoid falling back into the hole of the last few.

Scarface_7
Charter member
10012 posts
Wed Jun-29-11 04:01 PM

5. "RE: Nobody wants to discuss the premier?"
In response to Reply # 3

>
>Nancy's kid calling her Aunt Nancy- This is probably the first
>real hard hitting thing to just say yea you fucked up too much
>now look what happened. She isn't going to just take the kid
>and fuck him up worse so she will always have to deal with her
>son being her nephew.

That was the awkwardest moment, yo! She needs to go get the bean-Botwin

>Things I didn't like
>
>Silas as a model- I'm sure this won't be a big storyline but
>he just irked me sitting in the chair having his face
>pampered.

C/S--> Seemed to fit dukes persona, IMO, tho, but yeah, not a fan. Give him till the third ep and he'll be NY bound

>Nancy grabbing all those grenades- I don't know where thats
>going but god damn woman. You JUST got out of jail and got the
>warning that you'll head right back if you fuck up once. You
>telling me on day 1 you are going to bring a suitcase of
>grenades into a halfway house where he said we will randomly
>check your shit?
>

I couldnt believe that shit. I knew when dude gave her wiggle room, she would be up to no good. I, too, have renewed interest cuz if my girl didnt control the remote I wouldnt have watched the last Two seasons, at least... Oh, and wheres Conrad? Jenji alludes to old faces coming back...who else could it be?

..._...|..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = D @Warwizard

...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
COTW Afficianado, Dro

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Tue Jun-28-11 11:44 AM

4. "I liked the 3 year jump and I'm cautiously optimistic."
In response to Reply # 0

So far, I wanna see where this goes. Also, I love that Silas is STILL pissed at Nancy. I hope the show doesn't just gloss over that.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Wed Jun-29-11 04:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "They write themselves into corners and then just say fuck it"
In response to Reply # 0

nope we're not following that through, we're done with that.

Nancy and ole girl going hard off the top was strange and I didn't really like it but I get it.

- all the boys lives in Europe was cool

- to have something actualyl happen that she can't change makes me sooo happy. Something has to stick on her something.

Get out the room,

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Tue Jul-05-11 10:54 AM

7. "Nope, Prison didn't change her. She's still a dumb bitch"
In response to Reply # 0

Getting high when she knew she would get drug tested?

c'mon even that is dumb for Nancy

Can't wait until she pretty girls her way out of it and everything is ok in an episode.

The Andy and her roommate interaction was great though, I hope to see more of them.

Dae021
39375 posts
Tue Jul-05-11 11:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "I don't understand why she's running from her family?"
In response to Reply # 7

Maybe i'm just not paying close attention

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Tue Jul-05-11 02:47 PM

9. "General embarrassment and weirdness after 3 years in jail"
In response to Reply # 8

She told her sister that she wanted to get her legs under her before seeing her family and then they showed up like a day later.

She is just generally uncomfortable with being in jail for 3 years and living in a halfway house I think.

Dae021
39375 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 08:47 AM

14. "You know I could buy that if she were a regular person that went to "
In response to Reply # 9

Jail, but she's not. She married a drug lord, had a child by him, was offing bammas, she was apart of a super drug life the likes of which only few even see. Instead of being blind to it, her kids and Andy and Doug saw all of that.

They know who she is and don't care, so i don't see why she is acting all strange.

I mean i get it, but I don't get it you know.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 09:13 AM

15. "Could also be she doesn't want to drag them through her shit again"
In response to Reply # 14

Like she knew the second she got out she was up to something. Got that key, got the weapons etc...

Maybe she was like they are going to expect me to be clean and fixed but I'm going to fuck up my life even worse and don't want them to know about it this time.

Dae021
39375 posts
Thu Jul-07-11 09:08 AM

20. "Again I could see that if Nancy were of benevolent type"
In response to Reply # 15

But she's not, she's self serving no one comes before Nance and her iced lattes

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

spades
44258 posts
Thu Jul-07-11 01:10 PM

22. "yeah, I don't get why the fuck she was smoking."
In response to Reply # 7

WTF was she thinking???

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jul-05-11 08:53 PM

10. "Quick trivia: the halfway house man is also"
In response to Reply # 0

the narrator of TV One's Unsung series

also on Facebook

HAI HATERZ

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue Jul-05-11 09:32 PM

11. "and the dad of malcolm in the middle's best friend"
In response to Reply # 10

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

LiShang52
Member since Sep 10th 2003
3710 posts
Tue Jul-05-11 09:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "and the Black inmate in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle"
In response to Reply # 11

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 08:41 AM

13. "And the voice of Uncle Ruckus on the Boondocks"
In response to Reply # 12

spades
44258 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 10:15 AM

16. "STFU!"
In response to Reply # 13

word?

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5289 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 11:14 AM

17. "Oh shit"

i had no idea.

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 01:28 PM

18. "Ha I cheated and saw it on IMDB"
In response to Reply # 17

HighVoltage
Member since Jan 04th 2004
16583 posts
Wed Jul-06-11 02:50 PM

19. "no relation"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.itsallthewaylive.net

www.twitter.com/allthewaylive

Dae021
39375 posts
Thu Jul-07-11 09:08 AM

21. "YOUNG seriously that's Uncle Rukus!!"

damn

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

spades
44258 posts
Thu Jul-07-11 01:34 PM

23. "Great, now everytime I see him I'll hear the Uncle Ruckus theme."

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Tue Jul-12-11 10:10 AM

24. "Well last night's episode didn't suck."
In response to Reply # 0

The ending made me put aside my hatred for Silas for the first time in years.

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com
www.gordongartrellradio.com
www.twitter.com/djbrainchild

spades
44258 posts
Tue Jul-12-11 01:15 PM

26. "iono, I understand why he did what he did."
In response to Reply # 24

I'm not sure I LIKED it tho.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

HighVoltage
Member since Jan 04th 2004
16583 posts
Tue Jul-12-11 10:45 AM

25. "still not sure where this season is headed...."
In response to Reply # 0

they finally got back on track last season imo... but now the show seems lost again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.itsallthewaylive.net

www.twitter.com/allthewaylive

spades
44258 posts
Tue Jul-12-11 01:45 PM

27. "I'm shocked she's so gung-ho to get back into drugs."
In response to Reply # 0

WTF?

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Thu Jul-21-11 05:04 PM

29. "Didn't she say she needed fast money to get her son?"
In response to Reply # 27

I thought that was established

also on Facebook

HAI HATERZ

PierreOrdinaire
Member since Mar 12th 2006
1322 posts
Thu Jul-21-11 04:52 PM

28. ""Hey. Why is your apartment weird and full of danger?""
In response to Reply # 0

And how about Martin Short's Trapper Keeper of Broken Dreams? Hah!

LMAO at Silas retiring his tough guy persona with Nancy after one night.

______******_______******______******

" ... You know, ya'll laugh at the wrong shit ... "
-- Eddie Murphy

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Fri Jul-22-11 09:43 AM

30. "is it me or were Nancy's nieces creepy as hell..."
In response to Reply # 0

they need to star in horror films or something

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

PierreOrdinaire
1322 posts
Fri Jul-22-11 12:12 PM

31. "I'm sure someone will remake "The Shining" so ......"
In response to Reply # 30

-- Eddie Murphy

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Tue Jul-26-11 10:22 AM

32. "Well you guys got your wish... [SPOILER]"
In response to Reply # 0

Heylia's back.

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com

Dae021
39375 posts
Tue Jul-26-11 10:36 AM

33. "She's the greatest"
In response to Reply # 32

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

gumz
20118 posts
Tue Jul-26-11 01:09 PM

34. "oh hell naw!! i'm glad to see her back but i'm wondering how it'll go"

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Tue Jul-26-11 01:10 PM

35. "I'm more curious as to "
In response to Reply # 34

how Dean and Heylia got together.

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com

gumz
20118 posts
Tue Jul-26-11 04:26 PM

36. "Dean?"
In response to Reply # 35

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5289 posts
Wed Jul-27-11 08:48 AM

37. "Yeah i was wondering that as well in the preview"
In response to Reply # 35

LMAO @ him still being afraid of Celia. She gave him PTSD

spades
44258 posts
Tue Aug-09-11 11:15 AM

38. "Man I REALLY hope they don't bring back Celia, tho."

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

Dae021
39375 posts
Thu Aug-25-11 01:48 PM

39. "Nancy Botwin Must Die"
In response to Reply # 0

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

spades
44258 posts
Fri Aug-26-11 03:32 PM

41. "cosign"
In response to Reply # 39

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

PierreOrdinaire
1322 posts
Thu Aug-25-11 05:01 PM

40. "Michelle Trachtenberg is BAD."
In response to Reply # 0

That is all.

-- Eddie Murphy

spades
44258 posts
Fri Aug-26-11 03:45 PM

42. "yeah, I don't know what it is but she does something to me too..."
In response to Reply # 40

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

al_sharp
Charter member
64140 posts
Tue Sep-27-11 12:27 AM

43. "nice breaking bad season 3 ending."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Sep-27-11 12:29 AM by al_sharp

lol. i keed.

those 3 stoner army dudes btw? hilarious. i'd watch a spinoff show based entirely around them.

avy: our new album. you may just like it. listen for free online @ http://theyesyesyalls.com

http://twitter.com/shamelessplug
http://theyesyesyalls.com

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Tue Sep-27-11 09:12 AM

44. "i laughed"
In response to Reply # 43

when jill started playing their game with them.

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Sep-27-11 11:47 AM

45. "Jenji, on the finale (link) (SPOILER)"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Sep-27-11 11:47 AM by ZooTown74

http://www.examiner.com/weeds-in-national/weeds-buzz-creator-jenji-kohan-gives-a-season-7-finale-postmortem

also on Facebook

HAI HATERZ

PierreOrdinaire
1322 posts
Tue Sep-27-11 04:30 PM

46. "So very weak."
In response to Reply # 0

SPOILER:

No way they killed her off, and that just turns the final scene into such a disappointment. Why do we hear the gunshot? Oh, she simply gets clipped in the shoulder and is right as rain next season? Bullshit.

-- Eddie Murphy

Y2Flound
9819 posts
Tue Sep-27-11 05:54 PM

47. "So who shot her"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Sep-27-11 05:56 PM by Y2Flound

Jenji says there are clues throughout the season and she has definitely screwed over plenty of people in the past.

Is Conrad behind it?
Someone from U-turn's camp?
Someone from the DEA pissed about her marrying the dude and getting him killed?
Guillermo?

I personally lean to the U turn story having something to do with it because his name was mentioned a few times during the season and then the whole ass tattoo thing in the finale. Doesn't make too much sense though so not sure how that would happen.

I've hated on this show a lot but I'm actually interested in the show coming back after the finale now for the first time in a while.

YourUserName
Charter member
1919 posts
Fri Sep-30-11 07:53 PM

48. "What happened with Emma?"
In response to Reply # 0

I missed her one mention.

*shrugs*

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Wed Nov-16-11 02:58 PM

49. "White bitch not dead yet: Weeds renewed for season 8 (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

deadline.com:

>Showtime Renews ‘Weeds’ For Season 8

By NELLIE ANDREEVA Thursday November 10, 2011 @ 3:33pm PST

After lengthy negotiations with Lionsgate, Showtime has closed a deal for an eighth season of comedy Weeds. Production on the 13-episode eighth season will start next year for a 2012 launch.

Weeds, created by Jenji Kohan, is the longest-running series on Showtime and the most watched comedy. It stars Mary-Louise Parker as a suburban widow-turned- full-fledged marijuana queenpin. Justin Kirk, Hunter Parrish, Alexander Gould and Kevin Nealon co-star.

GQ
Charter member
1369 posts
Wed Nov-16-11 09:15 PM

50. "RE: Weeds Season 7"
In response to Reply # 0

admission: i'm off the bandwagon - show iS BEYOND TIRED!

"You don't like climbing trees?......You're missin' out." - Michael Jackson

"But Michael, you're a 44-year-old man now, what do you get out of
this?" - Martin Bashir

"Prince Michael II but we call him Blanket......because it's an expression I use

spades
44258 posts
Thu Nov-17-11 12:01 PM

51. "This has GOT to be the last season, might as well finish it out."
In response to Reply # 50

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #570740 Previous topic | Next topic