Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13489509

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Aug-02-23 07:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Mn

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
So yesterday I get a call from the bank about somebody coming
Aug 02nd 2023
i wish i was psychic
Aug 02nd 2023
damn.. that is rough
Aug 03rd 2023
sorry for your loss, man
Aug 03rd 2023
lost 2 friends to suicide and my good friend lost his 20 yo son.
Aug 20th 2023
lost a good friend 4 years ago.... still dont think im fully over it
Sep 21st 2023
HBCU’s.. do better
Aug 03rd 2023
This has been the case with a lot of companies
Aug 10th 2023
      she finally got the offer.
Aug 10th 2023
Dude at work was MIA, then his wife called....
Aug 03rd 2023
my next door neighbor
Aug 04th 2023
I can feel it in the air
Aug 15th 2023
Dating at 50. Whesh
Aug 15th 2023
shit that just sounds like dating at any age these days
Aug 15th 2023
      What are low stakes date ideas other than drinks?
Aug 16th 2023
           i think day drinking makes it more low stakes
Aug 17th 2023
                Okay I need you to clone yourself, make that clone move to STL,
Aug 17th 2023
Following folks on Instagram is a sure fire way to loose interest
Aug 16th 2023
Name names
Aug 16th 2023
the light skinned dude from JBs
Aug 17th 2023
loose interest?
Aug 16th 2023
Adult crack babies born 1984-2005
Aug 16th 2023
I am not sure crack babies was really a thing.
Aug 17th 2023
      The poster believes in almost all things
Aug 17th 2023
      Naw that ain’t it.
Aug 27th 2023
      RE: I am not sure crack babies was really a thing.
Aug 27th 2023
How do you handle your beard not connecting to your sideburns?
Aug 16th 2023
Fading that area might work, depending on your hairstyle
Aug 17th 2023
Mosquito’s love some SuiteLady! I can spray myself head to toe
Aug 18th 2023
SweetLady
Aug 20th 2023
Friend got an eviction notice
Aug 20th 2023
had an argument with a friend
Aug 21st 2023
only thing I agree with is the weekend text.. lmao
Aug 21st 2023
He works on Saturdays
Aug 21st 2023
      expat working in a grocery store in Berlin?
Aug 21st 2023
           LOL!
Aug 21st 2023
           I wouldn't be surprised if it's better than most jobs in the USA
Aug 21st 2023
Let em go
Aug 21st 2023
      I probably would not be friends if we met today
Aug 21st 2023
           he sounds unbearable
Aug 22nd 2023
I just saw Beyonce for the second time this summer and
Aug 22nd 2023
my kid lost her new water bottle the first day of school. How sway?
Aug 30th 2023
I'm way more productive in the office than at home.
Aug 30th 2023
I’m a little salty that Queen Bey had openers for LA when both of the ...
Sep 03rd 2023
HS biology teacher comes to school on Friday’s ONLY
Sep 20th 2023

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40927 posts
Wed Aug-02-23 07:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "So yesterday I get a call from the bank about somebody coming"
In response to Reply # 0

into their branch trying to cash a check drawn on my account they thought was bogus (it was)

Anyhow I do what I need to do with them over the phone, still gotta come inside this weekend, but then the lady described the person who came inside as "A young colored girl with braids wearing a sweatsuit"

Which caught me off guard since she didn't even sound THAT old

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Wed Aug-02-23 08:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i wish i was psychic"
In response to Reply # 0

never in a miillion fucking years would i have guessed my boy was in the type of headspace to kill himself

i'm still so shocked from the news Monday morning that it's hard to really feel any emotion about it right now

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79624 posts
Thu Aug-03-23 08:50 AM

3. "damn.. that is rough"
In response to Reply # 2

peace yo

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4551 posts
Thu Aug-03-23 04:40 PM

5. "sorry for your loss, man"
In response to Reply # 2

that shit hurts

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10146 posts
Sun Aug-20-23 10:48 AM

27. "lost 2 friends to suicide and my good friend lost his 20 yo son."
In response to Reply # 2

its a different thing bro for real

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Thu Sep-21-23 02:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
45. "lost a good friend 4 years ago.... still dont think im fully over it"
In response to Reply # 2

dont know if i ever will... i do know it changed my perspective on friendship... like it's a must to check on the ppl u care about... also, trying to be more transparent about my hardships.... that's tough for me to do

sorry for your loss man

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Thu Aug-03-23 08:57 AM

4. "HBCU’s.. do better"
In response to Reply # 0

wife was “hired” by another HBCU or should I say she was told she was hired but no official offer yet. This is like the 3rd time she has been “hired” only to find out they don’t have the funding. Why conduct interviews if you don’t have the money or space?

Shoulda known something was up since my wife knows the other teacher (a white woman) who has been there for ages.

and in other news, I have a new VP of our dept. Hoping this works out but man, when he talks about the money sales can make I think about changing roles.. lol.

———-

Getting ready for this Sedona trip. Praying the weather breaks and these kids don’t act a fool. My youngest goes 0 to 100 and we keep telling her she won’t get to go on family vacations if she acts a fool.. lol.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Aug-10-23 01:51 PM

8. "This has been the case with a lot of companies"
In response to Reply # 4

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Thu Aug-10-23 02:32 PM

9. "she finally got the offer. "
In response to Reply # 8

it arrived by email on the 8th

but it was dated the 3rd

and they wanted her to start on the 9th

and have transcripts delivered by the 11th

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Thu Aug-03-23 08:04 PM

6. "Dude at work was MIA, then his wife called...."
In response to Reply # 0

He's in federal *prison* for sending an underage girl a picture of his junk.

I found the court records and the shit is FUCKING CRAZY, like super crazy.

One "good" thing: No touching/contact happened so it could have been worse, but shit is WILD.

15 months.

NO ONE knew. He didn't even take a vacation before the sentencing date, must have been in denial. Wife called AFTER he was IN to tell the job he won't be coming in.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Fri Aug-04-23 07:56 AM

7. "my next door neighbor "
In response to Reply # 0

is fine as hell

that is all.

Married to a corny white dude. She mixed.

Working in the yard in spandex like Ms Parker and shit waving all hard.

I still haven’t got a good look at her up close because I’m just gonna get angry.. lol.

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Tue Aug-15-23 11:09 AM

10. "I can feel it in the air"
In response to Reply # 0

mew VP trying to get me out the paint while the CEO is out.

About to go on vacation too.. guess I’ll be poolside looking for new gigs.

People leaving left and right. Thank goodness my wife got this new gig but cotdammit.. I don’t like this feeling.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49427 posts
Tue Aug-15-23 12:07 PM

11. "Dating at 50. Whesh"
In response to Reply # 0

My brother finds himself dating again (tragic story, no fault of his) and dude is bad at it.

He can work the in person part; funny, polite, pays for everything. But this texting thing is going to kill him every time.

He asked me, why these girls ghosting me? And shows me his text.

I am like, bruh, these texts exchanges are mad boring. It's like you are texting an auntie. Why so formal? Why you talking about nothing , "how is your day? Good. How is your day? Good".

Then there is the, "how come she ain't text me back yet?". I'm like, she's busy, and these texts are boring.

He's like, I should text her "dang, it's like that? I can't get no response" and I am like "NOOOOOOOOOOO". That gets you nothing. If she leaves you on red too much then you can move on, or just try her another time and use the texting to facilitate in person time "hey want to grab a drink later?" but you not going to guilt/shame a girl into texting you back. Shes not that into you yet and if you want to see her again give her a reason to be into you. A text from you should spark excitement, not dread on how to respond.

Anyway, what'the best thing you've read/seen/heard about modern dating for an older crowd? Is there a rule book or guide to texting I can share with him?!? Bro needs it bad.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Tue Aug-15-23 07:32 PM

12. "shit that just sounds like dating at any age these days"
In response to Reply # 11

the apps have ruined the whole game so i just try to play in the real world as much as possible.

in person approaches. friends kickbacks. shit like that

even on the apps i just come straight w/ it like lets get drinks on ____ date/time then i let the in person charm take over. works often enough. after that its more about just setting up frequent dates or calls/facetimes.

i dont have all day to be sitting around tapping on my phone i actually have shit to do.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Aug-16-23 09:44 PM

18. "What are low stakes date ideas other than drinks?"
In response to Reply # 12

I ask because I don’t like drinking with strangers. There are bunches of free arts and culture activities in STL but when I say “oh we instead of drinks how about we hit up Shakespeare in the Park…” everyone knows Shakespeare in the Park is free here and I can just hear them frowning through the phone OR if it’s text they just don’t respond until after that day or too late with something like “sorry about x,y,s but I’m free fro drinks on ___”

Basically I be suggesting stuff other than drinks that is free (which in my mind means low stakes), public, something that interests me and might inspire conversation but it never works.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Thu Aug-17-23 10:52 AM

21. "i think day drinking makes it more low stakes"
In response to Reply # 18

evening drinks has the implication w/ it.

generally i like to pair it with some activity though. barcade, bowling, minigolf, a street festival, the fair, etc.

those mixed use spaces like Ponce City Market w/ restaurants, shops, bars, activities all in one area

we have a vineyard back home i used to go to a lot that on friday evenings they have live music and food trucks

i mean this is the type of shit we'd be doing regularly in a relationship anyway so hey lets see if we actually enjoy each others company.

its not gonna be a hit w/ every woman but for the women im looking for they'd enjoy those type of dates.

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Thu Aug-17-23 11:51 AM

22. "Okay I need you to clone yourself, make that clone move to STL,"
In response to Reply # 21

and then have it ask me on a date, lol.

All of that sound like what I would be down for but it never happens for me.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Aug-16-23 12:34 PM

13. "Following folks on Instagram is a sure fire way to loose interest"
In response to Reply # 0

in them from a fan standpoint....
at least with rappers....

Case in point...

I used to think them Native Tongue cats was the coolest....but man...a few of them cats are mad corny....even to MY old washed ass....

Also...a few weeks back Kdot posted a lil video on his gram doing an outdoor workout routine. It was cool...chill...
Then a few days later Kota posts up a similar vid...thought that was mad corny...

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Wed Aug-16-23 05:28 PM

15. "Name names"
In response to Reply # 13

I know Maseo was one of those "free thinkers". I don't see him much anymore so not sure if he cooled out or my feed knew to mute him lol

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Thu Aug-17-23 10:02 AM

20. "the light skinned dude from JBs"
In response to Reply # 15

Afrika Baby Bam....

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Wed Aug-16-23 07:25 PM

17. "loose interest? "
In response to Reply # 13

3CardMolly
Member since Jun 08th 2007
13820 posts
Wed Aug-16-23 04:07 PM

14. "Adult crack babies born 1984-2005"
In response to Reply # 0

I’ve been trying to figure out wtf is going on with some Black youth/young adults. The inability to communicate, severe uptick in mental imbalance, some heavily visual identifications of mild retardation and autism, etc. I wonder how many generations will be affected physically/mentally due to a parent using. Also have they been included in the reparations discussions?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49427 posts
Thu Aug-17-23 05:55 PM

23. "I am not sure crack babies was really a thing. "
In response to Reply # 14

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126478643

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Thu Aug-17-23 06:17 PM

24. "The poster believes in almost all things"
In response to Reply # 23

Just let them have "crack babies" as the reason the poster ages that younger people seem "weird".

If it's not crack, it's the smart phone - or TV.

In 5 years it'll be "mask wearing in the pandemic made a lot of babies face blind and now that can't reads emotions so they are autistic " posts, instead of crack.

For me, the horseless carriage is when society went to hell - especially those driven by "laudanum babies!!!"

------------

3CardMolly
13820 posts
Sun Aug-27-23 09:18 AM

40. "Naw that ain’t it."
In response to Reply # 24

To say babies born on crack never existed is bizarre as saying the crack epidemic never happened. It was a helluva set back and still affects us today. Just cause we’ve decided not to further investigate or even question it’s current effects doesn’t mean we are not still effected by it.

3CardMolly
13820 posts
Sun Aug-27-23 08:59 AM

39. "RE: I am not sure crack babies was really a thing. "
In response to Reply # 23

They are a real thing but the assumed outcome of their adult lives was 3/4ass prediction.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-16-23 05:30 PM

16. "How do you handle your beard not connecting to your sideburns?"
In response to Reply # 0

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Thu Aug-17-23 08:42 AM

19. "Fading that area might work, depending on your hairstyle"
In response to Reply # 16

Something like this: https://content.latest-hairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/beard-fade-for-black-man.jpg

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Fri Aug-18-23 08:14 PM

25. "Mosquito’s love some SuiteLady! I can spray myself head to toe"
In response to Reply # 0

and surround myself with citronella flames but those mofo’s will find a spot. Between my fingers… my damn scalp … geez!

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10146 posts
Sun Aug-20-23 10:46 AM

26. "SweetLady"
In response to Reply # 25

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sun Aug-20-23 06:22 PM

28. "Friend got an eviction notice"
In response to Reply # 0

It's the dude who got scammed like 5 years ago.

Short version: He has *the* cheapest 2bdr rent in San Diego but has never been able to get a roommate to pay rent, and never kicks them out.

So the landlord's basically been getting like $500 a month rent for the last 4-5 years and *finally* had enough of it.

Friend got a 3 day pay or quit and the "real" eviction papers are on the way.

He is on a fixed income (SSI disability) and gets a total of $1050 a month.

I've been trying to get him for 5 years to talk to his social worker to get help, but he never has. SO he needs to come up with a plan.

I'll help if the plan seems reasonable and isn't "Just let me stay at your house forever" or "Give me $12k a year so I can get a cheap place."

I told him to call anyone/everyone who he knows, social worker, his shrink, any media-Cal provider he's seen every, etc.

(Oh, he *also* got bedbugs last month and landlord ain't gonna pay so I won't even go over there or have him here.)

I hope there's some program or thing that can help him long term.

------------

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 09:46 AM

29. "had an argument with a friend"
In response to Reply # 0

I've known him since high school... but I think I will have to let the friendship die.

he was surprisingly verbally abusive, bullying, and controlling during the argument. Made weird stipulations that needs to be met in order to preserve our friendship. He said I had to admit that I was often snippy with him and that I should agree to work on changing that. His example of me being snippy was me giving him advice regarding his sister when he started complaining about her and I didn't agree that his sister was in the wrong.

Then he complained that I texted him messages saying "How is your weekend?" "I hope you have a good weekend." "Happy Funday Sunday". He said that he works on the weekend and is always busy and has no time for himself to enjoy his weekend and I should know that and I should not be sending him texts like that.

I know he has issues and I was still willing to be a friend. but he is beyond rational right now and I don't even know how to approach this.

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 12:47 PM

30. "only thing I agree with is the weekend text.. lmao"
In response to Reply # 29

If I was working every weekend and getting those text I would be annoyed too.

I have a friend who is a preacher. He used to call me during work hours and ask what I'm doing or if I was free to catch a movie.

imagine me calling/texting him to go to brunch on Sunday morning during service

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 01:06 PM

31. "He works on Saturdays "
In response to Reply # 30
Mon Aug-21-23 01:09 PM by luminous

And has Sundays off. I work on Saturdays and also have Sundays off.

Him being busy and not having time for himself is:
1. Buying groceries (he works at a grocery store)
2. Doing laundry
3. Cooking (he is single with no kids)
4. Maybe preparing a lesson for the private English lessons that he gives
5. Talking to family on the phone (he's an expat living in Berlin)

This is what he is doing that he tells me he is so busy and has no time for himself...

And I only contacted him on Sundays, the day he has off. And he was always home either talking to family on the phone or cooking.

--
-Ben (Reaper)

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 02:06 PM

32. "expat working in a grocery store in Berlin? "
In response to Reply # 31

I see why he stays mad

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 03:28 PM

34. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 32

--
-Ben (Reaper)

mista k5
16415 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 04:44 PM

36. "I wouldn't be surprised if it's better than most jobs in the USA"
In response to Reply # 32

Has to have better benefits and probably pays as good as a mid-level office job lol

still lol

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49427 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 02:11 PM

33. "Let em go"
In response to Reply # 29

If you didn't know him from highschool, would yall even be friends today?

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 03:35 PM

35. "I probably would not be friends if we met today"
In response to Reply # 33

He is exhausting to be around and has a huge victim mentality.

--
-Ben (Reaper)

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Tue Aug-22-23 03:26 PM

38. "he sounds unbearable"
In response to Reply # 35

save yourself the stress.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Tue Aug-22-23 01:15 AM

37. "I just saw Beyonce for the second time this summer and"
In response to Reply # 0

it was fantastic! I don't consider myself part of the BeyHive but that show is damn good. I might ... just might, hit up the closer in KC.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

legsdiamond
79624 posts
Wed Aug-30-23 12:21 PM

41. "my kid lost her new water bottle the first day of school. How sway? "
In response to Reply # 0

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Wed Aug-30-23 12:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
42. "I'm way more productive in the office than at home."
In response to Reply # 0

That seems to be the minority situation, from what i can tell.

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sun Sep-03-23 11:54 AM

43. "I’m a little salty that Queen Bey had openers for LA when both of the ..."
In response to Reply # 0

that I went to had no openers, and we just had to sit there and wait for her to come on the stage. It was 2 1/2 hours for Chicago and an hour and 15 for St. Louis.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

3CardMolly
13820 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 07:03 PM

44. "HS biology teacher comes to school on Friday’s ONLY"
In response to Reply # 0

This nincompoop started off the first 3 days of school, then the following week he came for just two days of school now he only shows up on Friday. I don’t know who gave his wack ass clearance but he’s depriving the kids.

The additional f’ed up thing is they expect the Spec Ed teacher to work Mon-Thurs giving work to the kids. She refused and I’m glad for her doing so but I hate that our freshmen are being robbed of their biology course. I’m hoping some of the kids spread the word to their parents and that at least 5 parents stay on CPS to boot his ass out.

On another note a friend working security at a charter school was suspended for cussing at a kid. Basically a buff junior girl was mad he told her to come out the bathroom after spending darn near 30mins in there. The girl kicks the door open and charges at him and threatens to beat his ass along with a load of other explicatives while pointing a finger in his face as another admin held her back. So he said ‘get your hand the fuck out my face’ and then told the kid ‘fuck you’ in response to whatever she said. Sad thing is the dean completely threw out what the kid said and brought my friend to the principals office claiming he should be fired. All the while the buff girl was free to keep running around the school.
Funny thing is I’ve worked with many of the staff before at another charter and unless a kid brought a weapon to school or was in a major fight with another student, they wouldn’t be suspended. However a student could threaten an adult, steal, damage school property and cuss teachers and staff out and nothing would be done, well maybe a one period sit down in the deans office to talk about their feelings then back to class.

I get my friend’s anger but honestly would have invited her to ‘show me’ that she was going to beat my ass and just smiled at her. Anyway diff strokes/diff folks.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13489509 Previous topic | Next topic