Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13473979

Subject: "Did Michael Jackson invent that Michael Jackson voice?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49424 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 10:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Did Michael Jackson invent that Michael Jackson voice?"

We all associate that high pitch baby voice for interviews and regular talking with MJJ, but I also noticed that other folks use it like Babyface and Smokey Robinson. Did they get that from MJJ or is there someone else it can be tracked back to?

Does anyone else do it?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Did Michael Jackson invent that Michael Jackson voice?
Nov 30th 2022
Lightening, Ricky Rachman or Adam Corolla?
Dec 02nd 2022
The high voice helped him groom the world into thinking he wasn't
Nov 30th 2022
he was not a pedophile.
Dec 02nd 2022
He wasn’t a pedo. It was always proven
Dec 02nd 2022
FBI files on MJ
Dec 02nd 2022
      GQ cover story in 1994 by Mary Fischer is but one example
Dec 03rd 2022
           exactly. but that poster isn't interested in the truth
Dec 04th 2022
           I think it's crazy for anyone to say definitively that MJJ was not...
Dec 05th 2022
                I draw the line at certainty. And I think he was inappropriate
Dec 05th 2022
                You obviously haven't
Dec 06th 2022
Singers protect they their vocal cords by softly speaking
Nov 30th 2022
i thought they were doing it to appease white people
Dec 02nd 2022
Akon elaborated on this in an interview.
Dec 02nd 2022
With Mike, I always felt it was about congruency
Dec 03rd 2022

mind_grapes
Member since Nov 13th 2007
957 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 02:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Did Michael Jackson invent that Michael Jackson voice?"
In response to Reply # 0

i assume most people who speak in an artificially high voice were molested as kids...which was something dr. drew used to talk about back on loveline

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 04:34 PM

6. "Lightening, Ricky Rachman or Adam Corolla?"
In response to Reply # 1

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

mellowboogie
Member since Jun 26th 2006
3608 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 05:08 PM

2. "The high voice helped him groom the world into thinking he wasn't "
In response to Reply # 0

the peodophile that he was.

It was ALL part of his grooming.

And the world is still fooled.

'Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo'

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 10:51 AM

4. "he was not a pedophile."
In response to Reply # 2

perhaps you actually are, and you're projecting?

hm. look how you have the world fooled!

d

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 05:39 PM

7. "He wasn’t a pedo. It was always proven "
In response to Reply # 4
Fri Dec-02-22 05:40 PM by allStah

that he wasn’t.

Talking to dude above you.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 11:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "FBI files on MJ"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri Dec-02-22 11:08 PM by Musa

and no evidence of or fed case for pedophilia.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Sat Dec-03-22 09:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "GQ cover story in 1994 by Mary Fischer is but one example"
In response to Reply # 9
Sat Dec-03-22 09:54 AM by Dr Claw

of exculpatory evidence that reveals the "MJ = pedo" notion is nothing but a nasty, racist, homophobic lie spread by dirty cops and his enemies in the entertainment industry.

motherfuckers spent millions to prop up 11-time failed litigants largely to destroy the commercial value of a dead man's art/brand with a premium TV propaganda film. Had America's favorite Black friend (aka Cosby 2.0) and all the same cast of Hollywood characters who are now trying to tell us Will Smith was a mass murderer for slapping a man propping it up.

anyone believing that horse shit them crackers been spreading around in 2022 is a copaganda drinking mark with liberal platitudes between their fucking ears.

For free, you can get the truth: https://www.michaeljacksoncaseforinnocence.com/

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Sun Dec-04-22 01:10 AM

12. "exactly. but that poster isn't interested in the truth"
In response to Reply # 10

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49424 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 05:06 PM

13. "I think it's crazy for anyone to say definitively that MJJ was not..."
In response to Reply # 10

a Pedo.

Like you can check out my past posts on this and I use to be one of MJJs most fiercest defenders (and of course I use to cite that old GQ article) but the more you read about it, the more difficult it gets to say with certainty that he didn't do it. And I say that as a person who thinks the HBO Doc is trash, he was set on upon by vultures and people willing to pimp their kid out for money. It also gets hard to believe the lengths that MJJ was going through with these families, fighting for custody of these kids, paying all this money, and putting himself in compromising situations repeatedly, unless their was something seriously wrong going on.

IDK, and I am pretty sure I've read more about MJJ's case then people here arguing either way with certainty.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44853 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 07:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "I draw the line at certainty. And I think he was inappropriate"
In response to Reply # 13
Mon Dec-05-22 07:13 PM by Cold Truth

I think inappropriate is the bare minimum- but it's also the best case I can see against him. Not only did none of the charges ever stick, the motives of the parents involved make it clear that, in at least those cases, they were cash grabs and nothing more.

In terms of the actual charges, if they had the goods, he'd have been done.

He's a case where the reasonable doubt regarding the charges against him is significant, IMO.

I'm not as versed as I once was, and my memory is fuzzy on a lot, so I can't speak with my chest out like I once could. But I'm still comfortable saying he didn't do the things that were alleged, and so I think the push back against anyone saying he's a pederast is valid.

Whether he was a pedophile is a different discussion, and I can see where it's reasonable to come to that conclusion. But that in itself is not a crime until/unless he acted on it, and the evidence for that is minuscule to the best of my recollection, to the degree that it's reasonable to conclude that he didn't do the things that were alleged.

I think the problem in a case like his is the lack of nuance.

His music means a whole hell of a lot to me, so it's dishonest of me to say that I don't have an immediate bias. I have nothing but warm memories of the man as a child. So I'm sure that plays a role in my thinking, but I think the objective facts- and lack thereof- still made it incredibly hard to conclude that he was guilty.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Tue Dec-06-22 12:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "You obviously haven't"
In response to Reply # 13

>IDK, and I am pretty sure I've read more about MJJ's case then
>people here arguing either way with certainty.

and that is why I am so very adamant, because I have. The podcast series I linked (on going) compiles pretty much all of the things I have reviewed myself and more, using the accounts of the ACCUSERS as primary sources. It's 100% bullshit.

after he was stuck for his papers in 1993, all that followed were copycats with more and more bizarre accounts of events. And because corporate media never, EVER goes back and corrects a wrong we have to keep having these arguments.

people are running off a cowardice cocktail based of nothing but racist, homophobic innuendo.

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 05:09 PM

3. "Singers protect they their vocal cords by softly speaking"
In response to Reply # 0

Right?

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 12:09 PM

5. "i thought they were doing it to appease white people"
In response to Reply # 0

ie not appear too masculine, threatening, aggressive...

also with MJ he was a child star so he had insecurities with getting older, feeling ugly (not a cute kid anymore), voice cracking and changing... at least that's the way it was portrayed in a biopic about him.

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 05:45 PM

8. "Akon elaborated on this in an interview."
In response to Reply # 0

Michael actually had a deep voice, as well as Jermaine. A lot of the Jacksons spoke
in a soft or high pitched voice to exercise their vocal cords.

Speaking in a soft or high pitched voice made their singing voices strong, so they
were able to naturally and comfortably hit and sing high notes.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Sat Dec-03-22 12:04 PM

11. "With Mike, I always felt it was about congruency"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Dec-03-22 12:05 PM by Dr Claw

Between singing voice and speaking voice, to keep in practice with his vocal range. Otherwise he'd be on that Al B Sure, early Prince, Michel'le type dichotomy lol

But the rest of his siblings talk that way too. Even Jackie to a degree

Lobby General Discussion topic #13473979 Previous topic | Next topic