Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13356579

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 02:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I've been selected to do voice over work at the job.
Nov 20th 2019
Someone who used to post here did that professionally
Nov 21st 2019
      optometrist?
Nov 23rd 2019
I made the share icon with the lines and circles in college
Nov 20th 2019
we're an inch away from slavery. my family is fucked up.
Nov 20th 2019
Nov 20th 2019
it frustrates me when THEY talk about it like it was so long ago
Nov 20th 2019
just knowing that
Nov 21st 2019
she ready...
Nov 20th 2019
And another one.....
Nov 20th 2019
snitches
Nov 21st 2019
Made a bad decision at work this morning. Gotta eat that shit.
Nov 21st 2019
Man, I did the same a couple of weeks ago
Nov 21st 2019
      I should’ve shown more patience
Nov 21st 2019
Just can't relate.
Nov 21st 2019
Got my first KOM (strava) today on a lunch ride
Nov 21st 2019
This prepping for a recession thing sucks...
Nov 21st 2019

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 10:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I've been selected to do voice over work at the job."
In response to Reply # 0

saw a request on our internal classifieds. submitted a 15 sec read and got the email today saying that I was picked!

I've been wanting to get into this stuff. so now I can learn it on company time and maybe take this outside of work.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Vector
Member since Jan 05th 2006
16356 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 11:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Someone who used to post here did that professionally"
In response to Reply # 1

Can't remember her username but she sent me a couple of links and she was really good.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Sat Nov-23-19 08:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "optometrist?"
In response to Reply # 9

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 10:24 AM

2. "I made the share icon with the lines and circles in college"
In response to Reply # 0

I won’t get credit for it but I often wonder I the guy who is credited with it stole my shit.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/310TMpozd3L.png

I made this icon back in the late 90’s. I have flyers to prove it too.

The original idea behind the logo was a simple way to show people linking up to create a party or a movement.

Makes me realize how simple it is to tell rappers in their early 20’s to have all their paperwork and documents in order. I wasn’t thinking about icons and copyrights back then. I was just trying to make sure our next show made a profit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 11:08 AM

3. "we're an inch away from slavery. my family is fucked up. "
In response to Reply # 0

ugh, god. it's been a really really REALLY hard year because I've been doing a LOT of deep mental/psychology work to correct the shit I experienced in childhood.

For the longest time I thought I was mad about not having a dad and how that affected me, but after going deep into history I've just been learning how deep and generational the pain goes.

I went to the Af-Am Museum in DC a few weeks back and I just realized how close we are to slavery - which now makes all of my family generational trauma make a lot of sense.

Mom had a bad time and depression, grandma had a bad time and depression, grandpa had it bad, great grandma had it bad, great great grandma had it bad. It's not rocket science.

So I guess this is growing up, I'm learning the truth about family. The more I shake the tree, the more crazy secrets keep falling out and I'm finding shit no one else knows about.

I'm mad and sad and I still gotta be daddy and hold the family up. I wish I could just go on a vacation by myself for a few days and just live n silence. This shit is kinda totally too much.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 11:18 AM

4. "..."
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Nov-20-19 11:20 AM by Crash Bandacoot

it appears to be more mental which can lead to physical slavery. my grandmother
said to me before she died earlier this year, "shoot to kill"

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 11:25 AM

5. "it frustrates me when THEY talk about it like it was so long ago"
In response to Reply # 3

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 11:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "just knowing that"
In response to Reply # 3

my father grew up on a sharecropper's farm was enough. it really ain't far ENOUGH away for people to Cuban B it. Nor is the fight to get the right to join Capitalism™.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 07:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "she ready..."
In response to Reply # 0

its been a painful four years but I’m thankful for the time. I’m much stronger.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Nov-20-19 11:34 PM

7. "And another one....."
In response to Reply # 0

Rejection, that is.... It's all good, though. My prayer is and always has been that the path that is for me is already in place. It's up to me to find it. This was not the path, so we move forward.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 10:55 AM

8. "snitches"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 11:36 AM

11. "Made a bad decision at work this morning. Gotta eat that shit. "
In response to Reply # 0

Vector
Member since Jan 05th 2006
16356 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 11:45 AM

12. "Man, I did the same a couple of weeks ago"
In response to Reply # 11

Had to be quick to turn it around and make the best of it but still got a well earned verbal spanking a couple of days later.

Funny thing is it was exactly what I needed to re-focus.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 12:46 PM

13. "I should’ve shown more patience"
In response to Reply # 12

Now I look like the ass.

It will pass but I don’t like it at all.

Gotta get on my grind.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 03:03 PM

14. "Just can't relate."
In response to Reply # 0

No point in trying to drop rhymes.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 03:15 PM

15. "Got my first KOM (strava) today on a lunch ride "
In response to Reply # 0

I’m doing HIIT right now, because next year I’m doing races
I wanna get in on that crit life baby.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28847 posts
Thu Nov-21-19 04:35 PM

16. "This prepping for a recession thing sucks..."
In response to Reply # 0

Trying to get ready for a recession is difficult and time consuming.

It just dawned on me I might be a wee bit crazy but therapy is for white people. I was suicidal and then I stopped and now I'm kinda back in that space but I'm too lazy to do it yet.

The more news I read about current events in black society the more disappointed I get. We were wrong about Yvette... I'm not the guy that gets mad at interracial relationships but now I'm getting there:

I have a Guyanese female friend that fostered a child with a white man. No problem thus far. She invites me to a toxic masculinity seminar during black history month. *Anger intensifies* Then she takes her bady daddy's father for her real stepfather giddy as a puppy talking down on black men. *Anger intensifies* She says more questionable stuff but I'm chilling and wish her well. Don't attack me after you find happiness to prove yourself to white supremacy.

My homie just became a decorated a military vet and it's weird cause I know what he did in the streets... But he got out and made a better life.

It just messes me up to see where I was and how I've came to become the success I am today.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Lobby General Discussion topic #13356579 Previous topic | Next topic