Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13244111

Subject: "Tuesday a.k.a Monday pt.2... that and name a contemporary visionary." Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 11:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tuesday a.k.a Monday pt.2... that and name a contemporary visionary."

latest book I'm reading is winding down... saw one the other day I want next (can't remember the name or author right now but I know what store, what it looks like and where it is in the store) might cop it tonight... have another book already lined up to read too... ask me about them and I'll spill... problem is both of these next books are too big to fit in my jacket pockets...

Yet I refuse to eRead.

A Tuesday is usually better than a Monday.. this Tuesday just feels like another Monday so far... maybe because I had hoped some stuff yesterday would've worked out differently rather than carrying over... problems need solving... not feeling like problem solving (not true just stuck haven't figured out what's next yet).

I woke up this morning with a dent in my finger... as if I had slept with it pressed down on the handle of a fork or a button or something... you know how you get lines on your body or face because of wrinkles in the sheets.. well it was sort of like that only just on the tip of my finger.. I know who gives a * ... still it perplexes me.. I can't put my finger on it now but apparently I had my finger on it all night.

anyway come talk some inane ish or even some serious ish with me on Monday pt.2

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I forgot all about the second part.. name a contemporary visionary
Mar 20th 2018
Tuesday is Monday Sharp, or Wednesday Flat.
Mar 20th 2018
the point you're making is key.
Mar 20th 2018
      scale back the music analogies
Mar 20th 2018
           Why? This is progressing nicely.
Mar 22nd 2018
                yeah... it really struck a chord with me.
Mar 22nd 2018
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday...
Mar 20th 2018
books...
Mar 20th 2018
      RE: books...
Mar 22nd 2018
no visionaries eh?.. I suppose they can be easier to spot....
Mar 20th 2018
Creating by Robert Fritz
Mar 20th 2018
I like the look of that
Mar 20th 2018
      hope you enjoy
Mar 22nd 2018
dang it's Tuesday again
Apr 03rd 2018
*returns with coffee*
Apr 03rd 2018

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 11:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I forgot all about the second part.. name a contemporary visionary"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm curious about who the people are that we see as having a vision of our future that is worthy of realization.

in 200 years who's going to be remembered?.. who's ideas will bear out?

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 12:15 PM

2. "Tuesday is Monday Sharp, or Wednesday Flat."
In response to Reply # 0

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 12:25 PM

3. "the point you're making is key."
In response to Reply # 2

nice.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 03:39 PM

7. "scale back the music analogies"
In response to Reply # 3

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 07:06 AM

10. "Why? This is progressing nicely."
In response to Reply # 7

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 11:41 AM

11. "yeah... it really struck a chord with me."
In response to Reply # 10

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 01:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday..."
In response to Reply # 0

I’m on day two of living my dream
ain’t steppin’ foot in nobody’s office....

telling me more about your book (s) while I wait for my babies to come running out of school. Yesterday, they yelled out the car windows to the daycare van that used to pick them up, “later suckas”. I fussed at them to roll the damn windows up and stop embarrassing me. They’ve always hated that place tho.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 01:43 PM

5. "books..."
In response to Reply # 4

the one I'm finishing up right now is called Wages of Rebellion - The Moral Imperative of Revolt... It's the 3rd Chris Hedges book I've read lately not counting his joint project with Joe Sacco (which would make 4)... it's bleak stuff but he really does an excellent job of speaking truth to power.

the one I want to pick up was something about addressing violence within social movements... looked fascinating if I cop it I'll post more details later...

The one I have lined up is Black Elk Speaks... I'll talk about that later once I'm in it.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 01:43 PM

13. "RE: books..."
In response to Reply # 5

>the one I want to pick up was something about addressing
>violence within social movements... looked fascinating if I
>cop it I'll post more details later...

I picked it up and it is this:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8170980-the-revolution-starts-at-home

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 03:16 PM

6. "no visionaries eh?.. I suppose they can be easier to spot...."
In response to Reply # 0

from the future than they are in the present.. at least as far as contemporary and current visionaries are concerned... it's a matter of perspective.. we just can't quite see what they see in the present and it isn't until their visions are put into the context of a past moment in time and future present that they can be realized by the rest of us... meanwhile I gather they are often outcasts and pariahs and marginalized by the masses...

The powers that be will keep us rather blissfully distracted with entertainment and misinformation. "the shadows on the wall" dull our sense of ennui.. we think it's irrational to struggle with a nameless internal despair but really it is entirely rational to the life out of balance that we live... as a whole the species has abdicated it's instinct for self preservation and survival in favor of the decadence and indulgence of short term and immediate gratification... the next couple of decades are going to be absolute bat shit imo.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 04:33 PM

8. "Creating by Robert Fritz"
In response to Reply # 0

this was published in '93. It's been a great read; slow at times, but helpful.

I'm tryna get my $hit together.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-20-18 05:10 PM

9. "I like the look of that"
In response to Reply # 8

might just grab it if I see it.. or maybe even go looking for it... thanks fam!

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 01:32 PM

12. "hope you enjoy"
In response to Reply # 9

it covers a lot of different topics - identity politics, conditioning, time management.

It re-packages a lot of ideas from The Master Key System, The Secret and all that, but I think this book simplifies a lot of the philosophical stuff.

go forth and create

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Apr-03-18 10:49 AM

14. "dang it's Tuesday again"
In response to Reply # 0

and early still.... *looks around*

*contemplates coffee*

phck it time to go get some.... I was gonna kill another 15 minutes first but why deprive myself of the required operational prerequisite to get through a Tuesday, caffeine... right... on it... illbeback.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Apr-03-18 11:09 AM

15. "*returns with coffee*"
In response to Reply # 14

*sips*

*observes*

Lobby General Discussion topic #13244111 Previous topic | Next topic