Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13236755

Subject: "Armed school resource officer stayed outside as Florida shooting unfolde..." Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Armed school resource officer stayed outside as Florida shooting unfolde..."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html

Armed school resource officer stayed outside as Florida shooting unfolded, sheriff says
By Chuck Johnston, Jamiel Lynch and Dakin Andone, CNN

Updated 10:57 PM ET, Thu February 22, 2018
Sheriff: 3 officers disciplined for inaction

Parkland, Florida (CNN)The armed school resource deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, waited outside the school building as the shooting unfolded last week, officials said.

Scot Peterson never went in after taking a position on the west side of the building, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said at a Thursday afternoon news conference.
Peterson resigned after he was suspended without pay by Israel pending an internal investigation into his actions during the shooting that left 17 people dead, Israel said. Peterson was eligible for retirement.
Israel made the decision to suspend Peterson -- who was armed and in uniform at the time of the shooting -- after interviewing the deputy and reviewing footage and witness statements, he said.
"What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of building 12, take up a position," Israel said of the video. "And he never went in."
Israel told reporters Peterson should have "ent in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer." Instead, the deputy waited outside for about four minutes. During that time, Israel said, Peterson got on his radio and took a position where he could see the western entry of the building.

Asked how he felt watching the footage, Israel said: "Devastated. Sick to my stomach. There are no words. These families lost their children. We lost coaches. I've been to the funerals, I've been to the homes. ... I've been to the vigils. It's just -- there are no words."
CNN was attempting to reach Peterson for comment.
Peterson held several jobs, including working as a security guard and stock clerk, before he was hired as a sheriff's deputy in 1985, according to his personnel records. He also served in the military, he told the sheriff's office. Peterson, who attended Florida International University, was largely lauded for his performance on the job, including garnering two deputy of the year nominations in recent years, the personnel records show.
In 2015, Israel noted Peterson's then-30-year tenure. "Your dedication and allegiance are the best illustrations of the service provides to the people of Broward County," Israel wrote, according to the records.
Two sheriff's deputies on restricted duty
Israel said two other deputies have been placed on restricted duty while the sheriff's office investigates their actions during calls to the gunman's home before the shooting.
Since 2008, he said, the sheriff's office was involved in 23 calls involving either Nikolas Cruz or his brother. During some of the calls -- which were handled both in person and on the phone -- deputies met with Cruz's mother.
The sheriff's office identified the deputies as Edward Eason and Guntis Treijs. CNN has reached out to the deputies.
Jeff Bell, president of Broward County Sheriff's Deputies association, said he doesn't foresee any major problems with the officers' handling of the calls.
The sheriff's office released details on the 23 calls. Two calls involving the deputies are under investigation.
The first call being reviewed is from February 5, 2016. According to police records:
"Third hand information received from neighbor's son that Nikolas Cruz planned to shoot up the school on Instagram one month time delay. Unknown high school. Cruz lives in the area."
"Deputy responded. Made contact with caller who wished to remain anonymous. Determined Nikolas Cruz possessed knives and a BB gun. Information forwarded to Stoneman Douglas school Resource Officer."
Police records on the other call being looked at, from November 30, 2017, say:
"Caller advised subject Nikolas Cruz is collecting guns and knives. Cruz wants to join the Army. Concerned he will kill himself one day and believes he could be a school shooter in the making. Caller advised Cruz was no longer living at the listed Parkland address and is now living in Lake Worth, FL. Believes the weapons are kept at a friend's house at an unknown location."
"Deputy contact caller (located in Massachusetts) via telephone. No report was initiated. Post MSD incident interview: Deputy advised he referred caller to the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office."
After speaking with the internal affairs department, Israel decided to put the deputies on restricted duty while his office investigates "whether or not they could have done more, or should have done more," he said.
Security footage was on 20-minute delay during shooting
Officials also reported Thursday that surveillance footage from the school shooting was not shown live, as responding officers initially thought.
According to Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi, the footage had been rewound, and police were watching it on a 20-minute delay, leading them to believe the gunman, Nikolas Cruz, was still in the building when he was long gone.
"The delay never put us in a situation where any kids' lives were in danger, any teachers lives were in danger," Pustizzi said at a news conference Thursday afternoon.
When officers arrived on the scene of the shooting, he said, they wanted to gain access to the security footage to learn what happened and where the perpetrator could be.
But last Wednesday the footage was rewound, Pustizzi told reporters. At some point, there was a miscommunication and officers believed they were watching real-time footage.
"The issue was more of a communications failure on who was reviewing the tape, letting our guys know that it was a 20-minute delay in what they were reviewing," Pustizzi said.

The Sun Sentinel first reported the delay in surveillance footage.
The rewound footage did not put any lives in danger, Pustizzi said, but it "did cause some confusion" when officers entered the school.
"At first the the guys are hearing, 'Oh he's on the second floor,'" Pustizzi said in the news conference. "Well it's not true. Because we have people on the second floor, and the people are saying, 'No, he's not on the second floor.'"
The Broward County School district said in a statement that its security system footage could be reviewed in both real-time or be rewound to see events that were previously recorded.
"During the immediate response to the event, the system was being viewed in real-time and the recorded footage was being viewed to retrace the actions of the shooter," the statement said, adding that the district no longer had access to the footage or the server it was stored on because investigating authorities have it.
Gunman was already at Walmart
While the rewound footage might not have increased the number of casualties, it did hamper efforts to locate the gunman.
"Somebody would say, 'He's on the second floor,' and we had guys on the second floor saying, 'We're on the second floor, we don't see him.' That's when we figured out there's a tape delay," Pustizzi told the Sun Sentinel.
According to police scanner traffic from the streaming website Broadcastify, at 2:43 p.m. on February 14, police found someone to give them access to the school's security footage.
Should Parkland suspect get death penalty?
Should Parkland suspect get death penalty?
"I got a guy here outside the building that can get cameras," says one voice. "We're going to go inside and go get to the cameras."
By 2:54 p.m., police were watching the gunman make his way through the building, according to the dispatch audio. But the suspect had fled the building 26 minutes earlier at 2:28 p.m., according to a preliminary timeline provided by the Broward County Sheriff's Office.
By 2:50 p.m., the suspect had already bought a drink at a Subway restaurant inside a Walmart store and left on foot, four minutes before scanner traffic said the gunman was still on the second floor of the school.
Family members wait for word from students beneath an underpass just south of the campus of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
Photos: Deadly Florida school shooting
Family members wait for word from students beneath an underpass just south of the campus of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

At 3:02 p.m., when the Broward County timeline says Cruz briefly stopped at a nearby McDonald's, an officer says the suspect dropped a bag near a stairwell. Another officer asks if the footage is a recording.
"Yes, sir. It's about a 20-minute delay," the first officer says. "They're following him on video on the camera. They had him exiting the building, running south."
At 3:41 p.m., Cruz was identified and taken into custody.
UPDATE: This story has been updated to reflect new information from the Coral Springs Police Department.
CNN's Rosa Flores reported from Parkland, and Chuck Johnston, Holly Yan and Dakin Andone wrote and reported from Atlanta. Scott Glover reported from Los Angeles. Darran Simon and Jamiel Lynch contributed to this report.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
More guns involved during a school shooting would 100% muddy the waters
Feb 23rd 2018
how often has there been "multiple shooters"?
Feb 23rd 2018
      Not often but it does happen
Feb 23rd 2018
      Columbine off the top of my head
Feb 23rd 2018
           Yeah and that was a big one, San Bernardino was 2 people also...
Feb 23rd 2018
Been going hard at the 'arm the teachers' contingent all week
Feb 23rd 2018
I feel for dude as a human
Feb 23rd 2018
Dude was prolly too close to retirement.
Feb 23rd 2018
Yep signed his retirement papers when he quit.
Feb 23rd 2018
this.
Feb 23rd 2018
yep...shit is not COD...
Feb 23rd 2018
yeah I know a lot of C&C folks that talk big shit but would probably pis...
Feb 23rd 2018
he probably couldn't even tell it was just one shooter
Feb 23rd 2018
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 23rd 2018
      Most soldiers on an army base are unarmed.
Feb 23rd 2018
           you telling me there aren't armed personnel on an Army base?
Feb 23rd 2018
                Yeah, but no more than you'd really think.
Feb 23rd 2018
                i work on an army base.. if some shit went down here, we'd be
Feb 23rd 2018
                unless you are in a war zone weapons are usually kept in the armory...
Feb 23rd 2018
Fucking disgrace.
Feb 23rd 2018
prolly smart
Feb 23rd 2018
especially if he was already that shook...
Feb 23rd 2018
      This shit ain’t the movies
Feb 23rd 2018
           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0
Feb 23rd 2018
           A lot of people have jobs they shouldn't, because of my military....
Feb 23rd 2018
This should COMPLETELY shut down any 'arm the teachers' movement.
Feb 23rd 2018
It won't. It's a disingenuous argument from disingenuous people.
Feb 23rd 2018
one of the dumbest movements of all time
Feb 23rd 2018
he was outgunned.
Feb 23rd 2018
so was Amadou Diallo
Feb 23rd 2018
      lol wtf?
Feb 23rd 2018
      Man I told you stop bumping the turntable.
Feb 23rd 2018
      lulz
Feb 23rd 2018
      lmaoooo
Feb 23rd 2018
      Bruh
Feb 23rd 2018
           they roll up strapped deep AF and ready for unarmed black teens
Feb 23rd 2018
                one kid.... with an AR-15
Feb 26th 2018
                nigga...the whole reason is fear
Feb 26th 2018
                My man a brother was on the ground with his hands up and got it
Feb 26th 2018
                People react differently in need different situations
Feb 26th 2018
                     there were like 3 dudes that froze yeah?
Feb 26th 2018
a coward dies a thousand deaths
Feb 23rd 2018
lol. Go huff some paint.
Feb 23rd 2018
      he's paid to use a gun in situations that call for a gun. he didn't.
Feb 23rd 2018
           That I'm an adult and that you have a juvenile view of the human conditi...
Feb 23rd 2018
"Blame violent movies!" -People who think shit goes down like the movies
Feb 23rd 2018
if it wasn't so easy for police to shoot black people without guns
Feb 23rd 2018
Hopefully this instance
Feb 23rd 2018
Dude's a coward.
Feb 23rd 2018
this controversy is just a distraction from the real issue
Feb 23rd 2018
RE: Armed school resource officer stayed outside as Florida shooting unf...
Feb 23rd 2018
whether or not he was afraid of being shot
Feb 23rd 2018
definitely a tough situation to be in
Feb 23rd 2018
RE: it's a weird ask
Feb 23rd 2018
      you haven't thought this through.
Feb 23rd 2018
      You don't know whether you're up to the job until the moment comes
Feb 23rd 2018
      He's not a hall monitor...dude is a sherrif's deputy with 33 years exper...
Feb 23rd 2018
           yup. should've known he wasn't ready to shoot into a crowd of kids
Feb 23rd 2018
                since you're the expert on crisis repsonse...standing outside the buildi...
Feb 23rd 2018
                     none of what you said is what I said.
Feb 23rd 2018
      there are about 150,000 schools/universities in the u.s.
Feb 23rd 2018
           right? like, this doesn't make sense at any level
Feb 24th 2018
Another aspect to consider
Feb 23rd 2018
That already happen
Feb 23rd 2018
Damn Trump is an asshole. Calls dude out by name. Calls him a coward
Feb 23rd 2018
fbi, cops, kids, parents...
Feb 23rd 2018
Prick
Feb 23rd 2018
predictable. he's gotta compensate
Feb 23rd 2018
this fucking bully
Feb 23rd 2018
Trump is Janos Slynt from GoT
Feb 24th 2018
yup. like i said in da other post.. take all da guns away then if mfs ai...
Feb 23rd 2018
True...
Feb 24th 2018
shit if teachers start strappin up i could see more teacher shootin stud...
Feb 23rd 2018
Shooter has an AR15. Cop spose to waltz in with a pistol and do what?
Feb 23rd 2018
his job
Feb 24th 2018
^
Feb 24th 2018
That's a job for a swat team. A suicide mission for 1 dude with a pistol
Feb 24th 2018
^
Feb 25th 2018
^^
Feb 25th 2018
aim for the head
Feb 24th 2018
something more than, you know, nothing?
Feb 24th 2018
If this quote is true he may have even been trained in active shooter sc...
Feb 23rd 2018
Generic active shooter training is 1. Escape, if you can
Feb 25th 2018
Flight, Flight or Freeze.
Feb 24th 2018
3 more Broward cops were there that never entered the school
Feb 24th 2018
I neva freeze (c) T'Challa
Feb 24th 2018
lol
Feb 24th 2018
Hahaha, excellent
Feb 25th 2018
THIS is what fearing for your life looks like
Feb 25th 2018
He's being held to an unreasonable standard
Feb 25th 2018
This is what I'm saying
Feb 25th 2018
oh we capin for em now?poor widdle officer scared of a armed white boy
Feb 25th 2018
It’s real easy to shoot unarmed Black men
Feb 26th 2018
      Exactly. If there was some hypothetical case in which the shooter
Feb 26th 2018
I mean look at the cops in pretty much any situation when someone is arm...
Feb 26th 2018
an unreasonable standard called doing his job.
Feb 26th 2018
they are saying he wasn't by himself
Feb 26th 2018
Hate these all or nothing ass defenses of the gun debate
Feb 26th 2018
      not going inside would be painted
Feb 26th 2018
      I believe only the sheriff said he "did nothing"
Feb 26th 2018
the fall guy
Feb 25th 2018
Pres Bone Spurs says he would've entered the school even without a weapo...
Feb 26th 2018
Pretty brave considering he admitted to running away from an
Feb 26th 2018
King Joffrey
Feb 26th 2018
this is a good comparison
Feb 26th 2018
yup
Feb 26th 2018
Fantastic
Feb 26th 2018
lol
Feb 26th 2018
Keep it a buck: Do you enter the school under the same circumstances?
Feb 26th 2018
Being honest with myself...probably not. I'm more the Costanza type...
Feb 26th 2018
most likely no, but I also know I'm not cut out for that kind of work
Feb 26th 2018
Bobby Womack said..
Feb 27th 2018
Never scared, I enter
Feb 27th 2018

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "More guns involved during a school shooting would 100% muddy the waters"
In response to Reply # 0

Just because a person is armed does not mean that person will have the courage and fortitude to engage in a gunfight, nor would it be guaranteed that engaging would not produce MORE casualties.

is the teacher / school employee that routinely carries a firearm then LEGALLY bound to defend against a heavily armed shooter, if given additional compensation for carrying, as Donald suggests?

How do you differentiate a multiple shooter scenario from a single shooter scenario if there are shots reported from multiple sources before the actual police arrive?

It just goes from bad to worse and this story illustrates how ridiculous the NRA's approach to combating random acts of violence sounds when actually put into practice

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "how often has there been "multiple shooters"?"
In response to Reply # 1

>Just because a person is armed does not mean that person will
>have the courage and fortitude to engage in a gunfight, nor
>would it be guaranteed that engaging would not produce MORE
>casualties.
>
>is the teacher / school employee that routinely carries a
>firearm then LEGALLY bound to defend against a heavily armed
>shooter, if given additional compensation for carrying, as
>Donald suggests?
>
>How do you differentiate a multiple shooter scenario from a
>single shooter scenario if there are shots reported from
>multiple sources before the actual police arrive?
>
>It just goes from bad to worse and this story illustrates how
>ridiculous the NRA's approach to combating random acts of
>violence sounds when actually put into practice

T Reynolds
42760 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
29. "Not often but it does happen"
In response to Reply # 14

"Of the 28 deadliest shootings in U.S. history before Wednesday -- from Howard Unruh's 1949 rampage in Camden, New Jersey, to Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer's killing spree at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, in October -- only two have come at the hands of multiple shooters: the February 1983 killings at the Wah Mee gambling and social club in Seattle and the Columbine High School massacre in Littleton, Colorado, in 1999."

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shootings-multiple-suspects-rare/index.html

Columbine was the one I was thinking about.

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40927 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
48. "Columbine off the top of my head"
In response to Reply # 14

I don't know any others at the moment

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 06:44 PM

61. "Yeah and that was a big one, San Bernardino was 2 people also..."
In response to Reply # 48

but 9 times out of 10 it’s cowards on some lone wolf shit and as soon as they think authorities are closing in they either run or off themselves

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:17 PM

2. "Been going hard at the 'arm the teachers' contingent all week"
In response to Reply # 0

Seems everybody is overlooking some facts

This HS had an armed SRO on site
...as did Columbine and VA Tech...

I got a couple of stats...43% & 51%...of schools currently employ an armed SRO

Just sayin'...

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:22 PM

3. "I feel for dude as a human"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm mad at him professionally though.
Don't take jobs you're not prepared to do the work for.
It's true for any industry and CRUCIAL for work where lives are at stake.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79629 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:37 PM

4. "Dude was prolly too close to retirement. "
In response to Reply # 0

I can’t front tho, I got a glock and I’m hearing an AR-15???

Anyway, I see some folks with security uniforms on and they have a gun on their hip but they don’t look like the type to run towards gunfire. You have to be built for that shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5194 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:47 PM

6. "Yep signed his retirement papers when he quit."
In response to Reply # 4

>I can’t front tho, I got a glock and I’m hearing an
>AR-15???
>

No room for a mistake. If you miss or you only wound the guy with an AR, all those bullets come at you.

>Anyway, I see some folks with security uniforms on and they
>have a gun on their hip but they don’t look like the type to
>run towards gunfire. You have to be built for that shit.

He probably thought that would never happen there.

---------------------------
Signature

dapitts08
Member since Apr 03rd 2008
8204 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:53 PM

7. "this."
In response to Reply # 4

the key to happiness is not being rich;
it's doing something arduous and
creating something of value and then
being able to reflect on the fruits of your labor

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:56 PM

9. "yep...shit is not COD..."
In response to Reply # 4

when you actually have to squeeze...AT someone...it's real as fuck.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:29 PM

18. "yeah I know a lot of C&C folks that talk big shit but would probably pis..."
In response to Reply # 9

their pants in a real life scenario.

Bud dude should've done his job. Most of these mass shooters are cowards that either run or kill themselves when they know authorities are coming.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5614 posts

15. "he probably couldn't even tell it was just one shooter"
In response to Reply # 4

it's a chaotic situation. He definitely didn't choose the most heroic path, but damn... If some nutso can go onto an Army base in Ft. Hood and drop 43 people (killing 13 of them), extra guards and arming the teachers won't help much. That was on a fucking army base.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

soulfunk
Charter member
11003 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:29 PM

17. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 15

>If some nutso can go onto an
>Army base in Ft. Hood and drop 43 people (killing 13 of them),
>extra guards and arming the teachers won't help much. That
>was on a fucking army base.

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:37 PM

19. "Most soldiers on an army base are unarmed. "
In response to Reply # 15

>it's a chaotic situation. He definitely didn't choose the
>most heroic path, but damn... If some nutso can go onto an
>Army base in Ft. Hood and drop 43 people (killing 13 of them),
>extra guards and arming the teachers won't help much. That
>was on a fucking army base.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5614 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:47 PM

23. "you telling me there aren't armed personnel on an Army base?"
In response to Reply # 19

my convoluted point isn't that everyone on the base had a gun, it's just that it's a place that has as much or more armed personnel as any school that would have armed security.

People putting all their eggs in the 'arm the school staff' or 'hire an armed guard' baskets are fucking nuts.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:02 PM

32. "Yeah, but no more than you'd really think."
In response to Reply # 23

The MP's and that is about it. I get what you're saying though, I just was hoping you weren't trying to say a military base should be one of the safest places to be. I spent the first 20 years of my life on them, they aren't.

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:17 PM

41. "i work on an army base.. if some shit went down here, we'd be"

fucked.
the only folks arms are the police officers. There aren't many when you think about the magnitude of a serious threat to the installation.
The officers I've seen (and know) are mostly older guys, close to retirement probably, enjoying a cake job, scanning IDs to get on post and giving minor traffic tickets.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:30 PM

43. "unless you are in a war zone weapons are usually kept in the armory..."

its not like people are carrying them around with them all day and definitely not in a medical facility which is probably part of the reason that target was picked.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:43 PM

5. "Fucking disgrace. "
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

sndesai1
Member since Feb 02nd 2013
1229 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 01:54 PM

8. "prolly smart"
In response to Reply # 0

seems more likely he would end up shooting a random kid than getting the shooter

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:02 PM

10. "especially if he was already that shook..."
In response to Reply # 8

and I'm not clowning dude. Like MEAT said, I genuinely feel for him as a human being. He probably is all in his head and fucked up over this, right now. With that mentality, though, he probably wouldn't have done much good.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:07 PM

11. "This shit ain’t the movies"
In response to Reply # 10

Folks swear they would be on some hero shit.

I already told my coworkers I ain’t saving no one but myself. I’m hauling ass quick fast out the back. Might be home watching the news by the time you figure out what’s going down.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:11 PM

39. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0"
In response to Reply # 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:34 PM

45. "A lot of people have jobs they shouldn't, because of my military...."
In response to Reply # 11

background I'm always assessing my surroundings and situations and I look at a lot officers and armed security in certain places and in my mind I know if something really were to go down the majority of those folks are not about that life lol.

soulfunk
Charter member
11003 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:13 PM

12. "This should COMPLETELY shut down any 'arm the teachers' movement."
In response to Reply # 0

And I'm not even mad at this dude. As stated above he's gotta be going THROUGH it right now. But he was an actual sheriff deputy who was assigned to the school. If actual trained law enforcement officers (not even just a security guard, actual police) are frazzled in this situation, what sense does it make to arm Mrs Jenkins the English teacher?

MEAT
22257 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:18 PM

13. "It won't. It's a disingenuous argument from disingenuous people. "
In response to Reply # 12

------

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:39 PM

21. "one of the dumbest movements of all time"
In response to Reply # 12

for so many reasons.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Tw3nty
Member since Jan 02nd 2007
8466 posts

16. "he was outgunned."
In response to Reply # 0

He probably saved lives by staying put.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:49 PM

26. "so was Amadou Diallo "
In response to Reply # 16

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

T Reynolds
42760 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:56 PM

30. "lol wtf?"
In response to Reply # 26

MEAT
22257 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:03 PM

34. "Man I told you stop bumping the turntable. "
In response to Reply # 30

------

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:05 PM

35. "lulz"

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:20 PM

36. "lmaoooo"

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:00 PM

31. "Bruh"
In response to Reply # 26

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:32 PM

37. "they roll up strapped deep AF and ready for unarmed black teens "
In response to Reply # 31
Fri Feb-23-18 03:33 PM by Atillah Moor

but one kid has a guy shaking in his boots. There would be no fear if that kid was black.

AND

they got him ALIVE

That reality makes it too fucked up to care about one or two guys that could be easier to relate to if they weren't "x" (whatever you want to call them).

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 09:40 AM

93. "one kid.... with an AR-15"
In response to Reply # 37

while damn near every mass school shooting is a white kid lets be real, they aren't rushing up on any kid with an AR15.

I don't get the comparison of an unarmed Black teen to a kid with an AR15 inside a building.

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 01:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
97. "nigga...the whole reason is fear"

you be doing the entire most

they are deathly afraid of black men

you can't be serious

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 05:48 PM

107. "My man a brother was on the ground with his hands up and got it "
In response to Reply # 97
Mon Feb-26-18 05:53 PM by Atillah Moor

A whole gang of cops shot up another brothers bachelor party with one officer going as far as jumping on the hood to fire shots at people they "thought" were armed (IINM).

Now here is one kid who is armed and honestly if they could execute that dude in Arizona who had an air rifle (which they thought was fully auto how is it that a kid with a the real thing is too scary?

Where is all that bravery when it's a real threat?

It's just twisted is all and three of them flaked? I find it problematic especially with this not being America's first rodeo regarding these scenarios. They should have been more than prepared given how they act when there is little or no threat.

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40927 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 03:53 PM

104. "People react differently in need different situations"

Has there ever been a situation where ONE dude with no body armor, and a pistol ran into a building to take down someone with an assault rifle of ANY race.

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 05:52 PM

108. "there were like 3 dudes that froze yeah? "
In response to Reply # 104

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:38 PM

20. "a coward dies a thousand deaths"
In response to Reply # 0

MEAT
22257 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:45 PM

22. "lol. Go huff some paint. "
In response to Reply # 20

------

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:53 PM

28. "he's paid to use a gun in situations that call for a gun. he didn't."
In response to Reply # 22

he froze.

fuck him. he bitch'd out and since you sympathize with him, that tells me all i need to know about you

MEAT
22257 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:03 PM

33. "That I'm an adult and that you have a juvenile view of the human conditi..."
In response to Reply # 28

------

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:48 PM

24. ""Blame violent movies!" -People who think shit goes down like the movies"
In response to Reply # 0

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:48 PM

25. "if it wasn't so easy for police to shoot black people without guns"
In response to Reply # 0

I could understand much easier. As it is all I can say is who knows how any of us would have acted in the same situation.

Numba_33
Charter member
19336 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 02:50 PM

27. "Hopefully this instance"
In response to Reply # 0

will lead to other school districts and/or local police precincts to seriously look into who guards their schools. Unfortunately in these days and times, it appears folks that hold these positions have to be top notch in their positions and won't or freeze up run when that fight or flight situation presents itself.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 03:42 PM

38. "Dude's a coward."
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, I've been in situations where things got hot and I thought I would have to use my weapon. No, I didn't tuck tail and run off. That being said, he volunteered for the job. He knew that the job required that he put his life on the line if need be. No one forced him to take a job that has those requirements. We can't start excusing cowardice when the person in question takes a job, volitionally, that requires risking their own safety for the protection of others. What's the point of having law enforcement, security guards, military, etc. if we're going to let them off the hook from doing their jobs (with exceptions, of course) of protecting those whom they serve?

Whenever an unarmed Black victim died at the hands of a jumpy cop, not one of us had bought the excuse from the cop bootlickers about how the cop "feared for his life." We were quick to retort with "well, if that's the case, he shouldn't have been a cop if he's a coward" and rightfully so. That dude gets no excuse; especially when we know for a fact that an unarmed coach and certain students, who were also unarmed, had died trying to protect others.

Miss me with the excuses for that dude. He sure didn't have a problem with enjoying whatever benefits that come along with his position. That's the type of dude that would get you hemmed up by the enemy if you both were in a combat situation in the military. Dude gets no respect from me.

Since 1976

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18644 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:16 PM

40. "this controversy is just a distraction from the real issue"
In response to Reply # 0

If we have to depend on self-sacrificing heroes to save our kids from madmen with machine guns, we've got much bigger problems.

Eric B Is Prez
Member since Nov 08th 2005
4981 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:21 PM

42. "RE: Armed school resource officer stayed outside as Florida shooting unf..."
In response to Reply # 0

So now we've got multiple examples of armed police and soldiers freezing up in active shooter situations, and yet a kindergarten teacher is supposed to morph into Rambo and save the day. Seems legit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:32 PM

44. "whether or not he was afraid of being shot"
In response to Reply # 0

I wouldn't be surprised if he was just as afraid of shooting the wrong kid.

it's a weird ask.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:40 PM

46. "definitely a tough situation to be in"
In response to Reply # 44

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:11 PM

49. "RE: it's a weird ask"
In response to Reply # 44

It's the f'n job

just one more example where LEOs training needs to be questioned

if dude wasn't up for the job...do something else

the possibility of him not being up to task cost lives

waiting until the shit hit the fan to find that out is too late.

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:14 PM

50. "you haven't thought this through."
In response to Reply # 49

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:15 PM

51. "You don't know whether you're up to the job until the moment comes"
Fri Feb-23-18 05:18 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

Dude's been breaking up fist fights for years probably. He was up to that job.
Walking into a gun fight is completely different ball game. He might have thought he was up to it. But the time came, and he wasn't.

Every talks tough about what they would do. But it's just that....talk.

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:28 PM

54. "He's not a hall monitor...dude is a sherrif's deputy with 33 years exper..."
In response to Reply # 51

in law enforcement

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:40 PM

56. "yup. should've known he wasn't ready to shoot into a crowd of kids"
In response to Reply # 54

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:48 PM

57. "since you're the expert on crisis repsonse...standing outside the buildi..."
In response to Reply # 56
Fri Feb-23-18 05:49 PM by bentagain

is the proper response?

DUDE FROZE.

made no attempt to do any F'N thing

I'm not sure what you're defending here

where did I say he should have ran into the building firing rounds indiscriminately...?

part of his job duty is crisis response

his response was nothing.

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 06:20 PM

60. "none of what you said is what I said."
In response to Reply # 57

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 07:52 PM

62. "there are about 150,000 schools/universities in the u.s."

before we start counting like day cares.

double that many churches.

screening/arming/training these theoretical guards is just a fantasy.

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 02:28 AM

69. "right? like, this doesn't make sense at any level"
In response to Reply # 62

Numba_33
Charter member
19336 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 04:50 PM

47. "Another aspect to consider"
In response to Reply # 0

I wonder how long dude's identity will remain protected. If he has any wits to him, he and his family are long gone from where he or they used to rest their heads. I feel sorry for his family since I'm certain they'll get some grief, assuming dude's identity will get leaked sooner or later.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Lurkmode
5194 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:21 PM

52. "That already happen"
In response to Reply # 47
Fri Feb-23-18 05:28 PM by Lurkmode

his name is already out.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/02/23/florida-school-shooting-deputy-scot-peterson/

Signature

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:26 PM

53. "Damn Trump is an asshole. Calls dude out by name. Calls him a coward"
In response to Reply # 0

Says he "doesn't love the children, probably doesn't know the children."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/trump-office-love-the-children/index.html

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:38 PM

55. "fbi, cops, kids, parents..."
In response to Reply # 53

oddly enough...the only people trump and republicans havent attacked over this thing are teachers.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 05:54 PM

58. "Prick"

Draft dodger. Didn't love the country, probably didn't know the country.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 06:15 PM

59. "predictable. he's gotta compensate"

Trump's a fake tough guy who understands the instinct to not want to sacrifice yourself to protect others more than just about anyone

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 07:55 PM

63. "this fucking bully"

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 10:31 PM

79. "Trump is Janos Slynt from GoT"

_explain555
Member since Oct 15th 2009
1412 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 08:24 PM

64. "yup. like i said in da other post.. take all da guns away then if mfs ai..."
In response to Reply # 0

finna use em when it counts.

SROs dont want no parts of no shootouts man

its a reason they chose watchin a school over swat team

i mean he prolly feel guilty af but yeah

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 10:12 AM

72. "True..."
In response to Reply # 64

>SROs dont want no parts of no shootouts man
>
>
>its a reason they chose watchin a school over swat team
>
>
>
>i mean he prolly feel guilty af but yeah
>
>
>
>

_explain555
1412 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 08:32 PM

65. "shit if teachers start strappin up i could see more teacher shootin stud..."
In response to Reply # 0

incidents happenin

unfortunately

and, ya know, black kids already get in "trouble" more often

smh these mfuckas think they slick i swear

exactopposite
Member since Aug 21st 2002
15132 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 10:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
66. "Shooter has an AR15. Cop spose to waltz in with a pistol and do what?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-23-18 10:38 PM by exactopposite

This whole situation is so fucked I'm really out here sympathizing with a cop.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 10:09 AM

71. "his job"
In response to Reply # 66

dillinjah
Charter member
9030 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 07:16 PM

76. "^"
In response to Reply # 71

exactopposite
15132 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 09:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
77. "That's a job for a swat team. A suicide mission for 1 dude with a pistol"

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 10:38 AM

81. "^"

_explain555
1412 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 05:34 PM

87. "^^"

rdhull
Charter member
33139 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 03:08 PM

73. "aim for the head"

JK

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 09:40 PM

78. "something more than, you know, nothing?"
Sat Feb-24-18 09:41 PM by Mynoriti

enter the building at least? try to get some kids to safety. the guy was military trained, academy trained, decades on the job. i'm sure he had some idea of that he should have done.

i also feel for him on a human level, and i understand the instinct of wanting to see his family, retire soon, etc.. and I'm sure he feels terrible. I'm sure it's hard on his family. That doesn't mean this wasn't cowardice.

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7008 posts
Fri Feb-23-18 11:37 PM

67. "If this quote is true he may have even been trained in active shooter sc..."
In response to Reply # 0

From vice article published about SRO's not wanting armed teachers:

"In fact, Jimmy Angeles, an armed school resource officer at Winter Park High School in Orlando, told me he received no job-specific active shooter training as an SRO. He added that each of the seven years he's been in the profession, he and his department have run through scenarios at places like local movie theaters. But the 39-year-old said that when they run the training at the campus where he works, it's mostly to familiarize other area cops with the school's layout so that if "Meet me at the 700 building," went out on the radio during an emergency, there'd be no confusion."

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/a344qg/people-who-actually-work-in-schools-dont-want-armed-teachers?__twitter_impression=true

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 02:32 PM

82. "Generic active shooter training is 1. Escape, if you can"
In response to Reply # 67

2. Conceal yourself, if you can't escape
3. Fight, if you can't escape and can no longer hide

I don't know what the law enforcement kind of training would look like but I highly doubt it's narrated by John Rambo. It's probably to keep an eye on things until backup arrives and act in a coordinated way.

Dude likely did what he was supposed to do but this gun debate got everybody sounding stupid.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 12:43 AM

68. "Flight, Flight or Freeze. "
In response to Reply # 0

We see where his instincts really lay.

Not that I'm blaming him for anything

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 07:10 AM

70. "3 more Broward cops were there that never entered the school "
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Feb-24-18 07:11 AM by makaveli

Apparently.

rdhull
Charter member
33139 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 03:10 PM

74. "I neva freeze (c) T'Challa"
In response to Reply # 0

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4551 posts
Sat Feb-24-18 07:12 PM

75. "lol"
In response to Reply # 74

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 10:04 PM

88. "Hahaha, excellent "
In response to Reply # 74

>

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 09:30 AM

80. "THIS is what fearing for your life looks like"
In response to Reply # 0

NOT emptying your clip into the bodies of unarmed Black men.
This place is insane

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 03:04 PM

83. "He's being held to an unreasonable standard"
In response to Reply # 0

This ain't the movies. You don't run up in a situation like that by yourself. I don't think that's in ANY level of law enforcement or military's training. They only move with backup unless they have to protect themselves. His only role was to try to contain the situation until backup arrived.

Hell, even if he was INSIDE, generic active shooter training teaches you to FIRST escape, if possible. If you can't reasonably escape, THEN you're supposed to find someplace secure, barricade or lock yourself inside, and hide. You're ONLY supposed to fight as a last resort, when you can't escape or hide.

So even if he were inside, the right thing to do would've been to protect himself and whoever was with him. It still would've been foolhardy and potentially more dangerous to seek out the shooter from the inside.

exactopposite
15132 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 04:07 PM

84. "This is what I'm saying"
In response to Reply # 83

_explain555
1412 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 05:32 PM

86. "oh we capin for em now?poor widdle officer scared of a armed white boy"
Sun Feb-25-18 05:49 PM by _explain555

how fast you think he woulda dropped dat mfucka if he was black?

they take out UNARMED niggas for less

nah

edit: plus it was 3 OTHER SHERIFFS DEPUTIES that arrived on site and aint go in either. 4 ARMED POLICE STAYED OUTSIDE WHILE CHILDREN WAS GETTIN MURDERED.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-sheriff-s-deputies-remained-outside-school-during-parkland-shooting-n850946

like i said take all da guns away if they aint finna use em at a time like this

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 05:52 AM

89. "It’s real easy to shoot unarmed Black men"
In response to Reply # 86

soulfunk
Charter member
11003 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 09:07 AM

90. "Exactly. If there was some hypothetical case in which the shooter"
In response to Reply # 89

was black, dudes response would have been exactly the same as it was here. The cism only comes into play when in a position of power - armed vs unarmed.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 09:33 AM

91. "I mean look at the cops in pretty much any situation when someone is arm..."
Mon Feb-26-18 09:34 AM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

When do the cops ever just rush into an uncertain situation like that?

They gather their troops outside, come up with a game plan, then send the robot into harm's way.

Aren't police always talking about just wanting to get home to their families? And folks tend to buy into that and give them leeway.
But not this time? Why? Is it because someone needs to be blamed and the security guys seem like an easy target

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 09:40 AM

92. "an unreasonable standard called doing his job."

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 10:04 AM

94. "they are saying he wasn't by himself"
Mon Feb-26-18 10:05 AM by makaveli

there were 3 more cops outside, none of them went in.

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 10:58 AM

95. "Hate these all or nothing ass defenses of the gun debate "
Mon Feb-26-18 10:59 AM by bentagain

He didn't have to run into the building on some Rambo steez

You can see how doing nothing isn't an option either...yes?

Dude and the 4 other officers onsite could have done something...and that something would have saved lives.

It's an interesting angle...flee first...given the ideas to put more armed personnel on campus

Wouldn't they also flee according to the training? What's the point of arming teachers and sros then?

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 01:52 PM

98. "not going inside would be painted "
In response to Reply # 95

the same damn way

it's not like he sat outside eating carrots and shit

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 05:30 PM

106. "I believe only the sheriff said he "did nothing""
In response to Reply # 95

>He didn't have to run into the building on some Rambo steez
>
>You can see how doing nothing isn't an option either...yes?

I think he scapegoated him on some macho shit.

The officer's lawyer, however, said he provided tactical support, as he was trained to do, that helped the other arriving officers and SWAT team to coordinate going into the school.

Their were witnesses so I think what really happened will come out.

>Dude and the 4 other officers onsite could have done
>something...and that something would have saved lives.

I believe it was 3 other officers but yeah, I'd think the situation changes with some backup but I do wonder how much backup would truly be enough.

Because in my observations, given the chance, officers prefer to act with overwhelmingly force. 4 officers vs an unknown number of people with rifles.... I can understand still being hesitant.

>It's an interesting angle...flee first...given the ideas to
>put more armed personnel on campus
>
>Wouldn't they also flee according to the training? What's the
>point of arming teachers and sros then?

I have no idea what the expectations would be. I mean, the training I've been through was on how to survive. I'd think the opposite, how to neutralize a situation, would be primarily reserved for SWAT.

Maybe a regular officer gets that training... maybe all SRO's need to get that training as well. But considering those kinda officers work in pairs, at most, I doubt they're held to the SWAT standard on how to handle the situation.

I wouldn't expect anything more from an armed teacher than I would any armed civilian. They might protect themselves and those around them but I wouldn't bet on them successfully tracking a shooter and stopping him.

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10122 posts
Sun Feb-25-18 04:23 PM

85. "the fall guy"
In response to Reply # 0

>

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 01:44 PM

96. "Pres Bone Spurs says he would've entered the school even without a weapo..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Feb-26-18 01:49 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/968174100337319936

I just watched all the clips in that thread. He seriously talks like someone who just watched a full day of Fox News and is telling everyone what he learned.

soulfunk
Charter member
11003 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 01:55 PM

99. "Pretty brave considering he admitted to running away from an"
In response to Reply # 96

elderly man bleeding to death on the floor.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-time-donald-trump-turned-away-in-disgust-while-a-man-bled-to-death-in-front-of-him

“I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 02:28 PM

100. "King Joffrey"

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 02:34 PM

101. "this is a good comparison"
In response to Reply # 100

evil and a coward.

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 03:55 PM

105. "yup"
In response to Reply # 101

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 03:21 PM

103. "Fantastic "
In response to Reply # 100

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 02:35 PM

102. "lol"

I think things just like fall out of his mouth. He can't help but just to say the first stupid thing that pops into his head without considering how fucking dumb it sounds. Wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight ass mfer.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28849 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 06:34 PM

109. "Keep it a buck: Do you enter the school under the same circumstances?"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you enter the school under the same circumstances if you are the guy(s) in this article?

Do you enter the school if you're whoever you are in real life under the same circumstances?

I'm going in health be damned either way. I become an American hero if I can get a good shot on the kid. I'm black so the alt right may label me as too hard on the shooter but I gotta stop the kid from killing more kids.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 06:39 PM

110. "Being honest with myself...probably not. I'm more the Costanza type..."
In response to Reply # 109

https://78.media.tumblr.com/8047d51db35a7328cdbb5c5921aa5225/tumblr_n9jkdikNqC1qzcv7no6_500.gif

I'm not the type to run towards danger.
But I don't know. I might be feeling courageous that day.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 08:37 PM

111. " most likely no, but I also know I'm not cut out for that kind of work"

there are a few people in this world im confident I'd jump in front of a bullet for if it came down to it. Everything else is situational

jimaveli
Charter member
6618 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 12:23 AM

112. "Bobby Womack said.."

>Do you enter the school under the same circumstances if you
>are the guy(s) in this article?
>
>Do you enter the school if you're whoever you are in real life
>under the same circumstances?
>
>I'm going in health be damned either way. I become an American
>hero if I can get a good shot on the kid. I'm black so the alt
>right may label me as too hard on the shooter but I gotta stop
>the kid from killing more kids.

You don't know what you'll do until you're put under pressure.

And it is far too easy to get on some tough talk from a safe place. I wish a enn would!

Okay, okay...I'll play along.

If I see that dude is rolling in with a video game gun, I don't know if I could sack up and run into that school with some shit that would've pissed off Arsenio on Harlem Nights. I'd feel bad being the hide behind the wall dude on Gears of War, but shiiid. Running into that school with insufficient arms is suicide unless you get lucky.

If it's something closer in the weapon's arena, I could see running up in there and going for it...especially if I was actually trained in any way to deal with the situation.

I don't see talking to him though. AKA I'm shooting his azz at my earliest opportunity if he's armed and alone AND he somehow isn't shooting at me. It WOULD be really rough to do that if I knew the kid. Maybe it would be hard to not be like 'Ralph!? Is that chu? Whatchu doin, RALPH! Gon on with that'.

Lurkmode
5194 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 09:32 AM

113. "Never scared, I enter"

>Do you enter the school under the same circumstances if you
>are the guy(s) in this article?

Yes, can't call yourself a deputy if you don't.

>
>Do you enter the school if you're whoever you are in real life
>under the same circumstances?

Yes, can't call yourself human if you don't.

>
>I'm going in health be damned either way. I become an American
>hero if I can get a good shot on the kid. I'm black so the alt
>right may label me as too hard on the shooter but I gotta stop
>the kid from killing more kids.

Yep can't listen to kids get slaughtered.

Signature

Lobby General Discussion topic #13236755 Previous topic | Next topic