Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDude's a coward.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13236755&mesg_id=13236862
13236862, Dude's a coward.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Fri Feb-23-18 03:42 PM
Yes, I've been in situations where things got hot and I thought I would have to use my weapon. No, I didn't tuck tail and run off. That being said, he volunteered for the job. He knew that the job required that he put his life on the line if need be. No one forced him to take a job that has those requirements. We can't start excusing cowardice when the person in question takes a job, volitionally, that requires risking their own safety for the protection of others. What's the point of having law enforcement, security guards, military, etc. if we're going to let them off the hook from doing their jobs (with exceptions, of course) of protecting those whom they serve?

Whenever an unarmed Black victim died at the hands of a jumpy cop, not one of us had bought the excuse from the cop bootlickers about how the cop "feared for his life." We were quick to retort with "well, if that's the case, he shouldn't have been a cop if he's a coward" and rightfully so. That dude gets no excuse; especially when we know for a fact that an unarmed coach and certain students, who were also unarmed, had died trying to protect others.

Miss me with the excuses for that dude. He sure didn't have a problem with enjoying whatever benefits that come along with his position. That's the type of dude that would get you hemmed up by the enemy if you both were in a combat situation in the military. Dude gets no respect from me.

Since 1976