Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12782503

Subject: "Chris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw)" Previous topic | Next topic
b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 07:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Chris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw)"
Thu Apr-16-15 07:32 AM by b.Touch

Well, sorta.

It's a similar series called "Hansen vs. Predator". The "To Catch a Predator" segments on "Dateline NBC" was canceled after a Terrell, Texas district attorney killed himself following his "To Catch a Predator" related sting, and his sister sued NBCUniversal for $100 million.

http://gawker.com/chris-hansen-wants-you-to-pay-for-him-to-keep-hitting-o-1697829604

Chris Hansen Wants You to Pay for Him to Keep Hitting on Sex Offenders

Famed sexter and former To Catch a Predator host Chris Hansen isn't letting a lawsuit or a scandal or losing all his money get him down . Especially not when he can have yours instead. Tomorrow, Hansen will launch a Kickstarter campaign for a new series that is apparently not a joke: Hansen vs. Predator.

Hansen gushed about his nadir in a recent LA Times profile, explaining that he'd "shopped the new series around to different TV networks and syndications, but found that 'the best way to do this is shoot the next investigation and show that we have it.'" Which is a very nice way of saying that his show made the same networks that air footage of women compulsively eating their husbands ashes vaguely uncomfortable.

Obviously, the internet of today is nearly unrecognizable from his chatroom-based heyday in the mid-aughts. But Chris is ready, informing the LA Times very specifically that "now there are 22 ways to communicate online." The 22 are, of course: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, e-mail, Grindr, Snapchat, Tindr, Meerkat, Tumblr, Snapchat, Yik Yak, Kik, SMS, Craigslist, Skype, Snapchat, Google Docs, Snapchat, the forums at Halloween.com, Vine, Snapchat, and Kinja.

If you do decide to give your money to the former host and adulterer, your rewards—in addition to once again being able to revel in another damaged human's criminal sickness—could include sex offender-themed t-shirts and mugs. Plus, if you have $150 to blow, you can snag an outgoing voicemail message from Chris Hansen himself, likely something along the lines of "Hi, I'm Chris Hansen," "Take a seat," or "Please, let me die."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
if he did this show and let Cam'ron do the hood segments, I'd give $100
Apr 16th 2015
I love, Love, LOVED that show
Apr 16th 2015
I am seriously considering contributing a donation to this show
Apr 16th 2015
did that show ever feature any female offenders?
Apr 16th 2015
LMAO and catch a FINE one at that!! Maybe women are smarter tho
Apr 17th 2015
how is that 100mil suit not immediately dismissed? lol
Apr 16th 2015
they settled out of court.
Apr 16th 2015
No thanks
Apr 16th 2015
I'm not sending him any loot...
Apr 16th 2015
!
Apr 17th 2015
      One of my peeps called me...
Apr 23rd 2015
           I always wondered what happened to these dudes after they got arrested
Apr 23rd 2015
                The craziest one is the dude who got caught twice
Apr 23rd 2015
                Don't know the disposition of his case
Apr 23rd 2015
I'm tryna see "To catch a catfish predator"
Apr 17th 2015
That Show Was Awesome
Apr 17th 2015

Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 09:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "if he did this show and let Cam'ron do the hood segments, I'd give $100"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 10:22 AM

2. "I love, Love, LOVED that show"
In response to Reply # 0

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 11:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I am seriously considering contributing a donation to this show"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 12:34 PM

4. "did that show ever feature any female offenders?"
In response to Reply # 0

or was it always a grown man driving hundreds of miles to hook up? if that show wants to boost ratings, it needs to catch them crazy female teachers lol

San Diego State's holy trinity of sports:
Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "LMAO and catch a FINE one at that!! Maybe women are smarter tho"
In response to Reply # 4

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 12:36 PM

5. "how is that 100mil suit not immediately dismissed? lol"
In response to Reply # 0

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 10:46 PM

7. "they settled out of court."
In response to Reply # 5

People file some big honking suits in this country, man...

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 12:44 PM

6. "No thanks"
In response to Reply # 0

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 10:59 PM

8. "I'm not sending him any loot..."
In response to Reply # 0

but I'd watch every episode. Dateline hasn't been the same since the nasty bastard express stopped. I actually knew one of the dudes on one of the NJ episodes.

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 10:32 AM

9. "!"
In response to Reply # 8

>I actually knew one of the dudes on one of the NJ episodes.

How did you feel when you saw him?

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 02:33 PM

13. "One of my peeps called me..."
In response to Reply # 9

"Turn to channel xx NOW!!!"

"For what?"

"NOW!!!!!!"

I changed the channel...

OH SH*T!!!!!

Couldn't believe my eyes...not because I couldn't conceive of him doing it, but because I was shocked that he was that stupid to go to those lengths...he still lives in the area, but none of our crew deal with him anymore, at least not that I know of.

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 03:37 PM

14. "I always wondered what happened to these dudes after they got arrested"
In response to Reply # 13

the show always ended with "innocent until proven guilty" AFTER their faces and chat logs were broadcast for the whole world to see

Like, shouldn't they all be buried under the jail now?

But you just said that dude still lives around your area i.e. either he beat the case or did a short bid.

Didn't know about the one who killed himself, seems like there would be more than one

And shitting on Hansen for his infidelities is classic shoot the messenger. He could cheat on his wife all day (and he did) but he wasn't the one trying to bang 13 year olds.

My all time classic was him asking one dude WTF he was doing there and dude said "I saw the door was open and just wanted to take a break from walking"

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 04:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "The craziest one is the dude who got caught twice"
In response to Reply # 14

He had just had his court date over the first encounter and went straight back to the chat rooms.

I find it hard to believe that someone could be that sick and dumb to get jammed up twice like that in such a short period of time

Selassie I God
10355 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 04:37 PM

16. "Don't know the disposition of his case"
In response to Reply # 14

It's not like I'm gonna chat him up or anything. *shrug*

He was on the sexual offenders list, but I just looked and he isn't there now...maybe he moved since I saw him last...I dunno.

____

(c) Luciano

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 10:44 AM

11. "I'm tryna see "To catch a catfish predator""
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 10:58 AM

12. "That Show Was Awesome"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12782503 Previous topic | Next topic