Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectChris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12782503
12782503, Chris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw)
Posted by b.Touch, Thu Apr-16-15 07:21 AM
Well, sorta.

It's a similar series called "Hansen vs. Predator". The "To Catch a Predator" segments on "Dateline NBC" was canceled after a Terrell, Texas district attorney killed himself following his "To Catch a Predator" related sting, and his sister sued NBCUniversal for $100 million.

http://gawker.com/chris-hansen-wants-you-to-pay-for-him-to-keep-hitting-o-1697829604

Chris Hansen Wants You to Pay for Him to Keep Hitting on Sex Offenders

Famed sexter and former To Catch a Predator host Chris Hansen isn't letting a lawsuit or a scandal or losing all his money get him down . Especially not when he can have yours instead. Tomorrow, Hansen will launch a Kickstarter campaign for a new series that is apparently not a joke: Hansen vs. Predator.

Hansen gushed about his nadir in a recent LA Times profile, explaining that he'd "shopped the new series around to different TV networks and syndications, but found that 'the best way to do this is shoot the next investigation and show that we have it.'" Which is a very nice way of saying that his show made the same networks that air footage of women compulsively eating their husbands ashes vaguely uncomfortable.

Obviously, the internet of today is nearly unrecognizable from his chatroom-based heyday in the mid-aughts. But Chris is ready, informing the LA Times very specifically that "now there are 22 ways to communicate online." The 22 are, of course: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, e-mail, Grindr, Snapchat, Tindr, Meerkat, Tumblr, Snapchat, Yik Yak, Kik, SMS, Craigslist, Skype, Snapchat, Google Docs, Snapchat, the forums at Halloween.com, Vine, Snapchat, and Kinja.

If you do decide to give your money to the former host and adulterer, your rewards—in addition to once again being able to revel in another damaged human's criminal sickness—could include sex offender-themed t-shirts and mugs. Plus, if you have $150 to blow, you can snag an outgoing voicemail message from Chris Hansen himself, likely something along the lines of "Hi, I'm Chris Hansen," "Take a seat," or "Please, let me die."
12782587, if he did this show and let Cam'ron do the hood segments, I'd give $100
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Apr-16-15 09:23 AM
12782643, I love, Love, LOVED that show
Posted by John Forte, Thu Apr-16-15 10:22 AM
12782796, I am seriously considering contributing a donation to this show
Posted by Allah, Thu Apr-16-15 11:47 AM
12782892, did that show ever feature any female offenders?
Posted by TRENDone, Thu Apr-16-15 12:34 PM
or was it always a grown man driving hundreds of miles to hook up? if that show wants to boost ratings, it needs to catch them crazy female teachers lol
12783908, LMAO and catch a FINE one at that!! Maybe women are smarter tho
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Apr-17-15 10:43 AM
12782895, how is that 100mil suit not immediately dismissed? lol
Posted by MiracleRic, Thu Apr-16-15 12:36 PM
12783543, they settled out of court.
Posted by b.Touch, Thu Apr-16-15 10:46 PM
People file some big honking suits in this country, man...
12782908, No thanks
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Apr-16-15 12:44 PM
12783550, I'm not sending him any loot...
Posted by Selassie I God, Thu Apr-16-15 10:59 PM
but I'd watch every episode. Dateline hasn't been the same since the nasty bastard express stopped. I actually knew one of the dudes on one of the NJ episodes.
12783888, !
Posted by 13Rose, Fri Apr-17-15 10:32 AM
>I actually knew one of the dudes on one of the NJ episodes.

How did you feel when you saw him?
12788818, One of my peeps called me...
Posted by Selassie I God, Thu Apr-23-15 02:33 PM
"Turn to channel xx NOW!!!"

"For what?"

"NOW!!!!!!"

I changed the channel...

OH SH*T!!!!!

Couldn't believe my eyes...not because I couldn't conceive of him doing it, but because I was shocked that he was that stupid to go to those lengths...he still lives in the area, but none of our crew deal with him anymore, at least not that I know of.
12788903, I always wondered what happened to these dudes after they got arrested
Posted by j., Thu Apr-23-15 03:37 PM
the show always ended with "innocent until proven guilty" AFTER their faces and chat logs were broadcast for the whole world to see

Like, shouldn't they all be buried under the jail now?

But you just said that dude still lives around your area i.e. either he beat the case or did a short bid.

Didn't know about the one who killed himself, seems like there would be more than one

And shitting on Hansen for his infidelities is classic shoot the messenger. He could cheat on his wife all day (and he did) but he wasn't the one trying to bang 13 year olds.

My all time classic was him asking one dude WTF he was doing there and dude said "I saw the door was open and just wanted to take a break from walking"
12788956, The craziest one is the dude who got caught twice
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Apr-23-15 04:25 PM
He had just had his court date over the first encounter and went straight back to the chat rooms.

I find it hard to believe that someone could be that sick and dumb to get jammed up twice like that in such a short period of time
12788969, Don't know the disposition of his case
Posted by Selassie I God, Thu Apr-23-15 04:37 PM
It's not like I'm gonna chat him up or anything. *shrug*

He was on the sexual offenders list, but I just looked and he isn't there now...maybe he moved since I saw him last...I dunno.
12783909, I'm tryna see "To catch a catfish predator"
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Apr-17-15 10:44 AM
12783935, That Show Was Awesome
Posted by RexLongfellow, Fri Apr-17-15 10:58 AM