Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12755744

Subject: "Dude in the car in front of mine was slumped over, dead..." Previous topic | Next topic
The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dude in the car in front of mine was slumped over, dead..."

....or at least I thought he was dead. This happened early in the morning. Light turns green and everyone is moving except the car in front of me. I honk the horn two separate times but dude did not move at all. I mean he was coffin stiff. Not even the slightest of movements. So my friend and I started wondering was something wrong with ol' boy because we noticed he was slumped over.

I pull into the turning lane next to his car and turn on the emergency lights. We saw that dude was a gray haired older white man with his head bowed down, mouth partially cracked open, and he had absolutely no movement. My friend and are like "please don't tell me this dude is dead". I'm about to throw the car in park and call 911 when all of a sudden ol' boy pops up his head coupled with an "oh sh#t!" look. He immediately pulls up to the now red light. I'm like "this nigga"! Anyone ever had someone fall asleep at the wheel while waiting on the light? Have you ever done it yourself?

Since 1976

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
a client did that.
Mar 18th 2015
What kind of a fine can you get for that in Chicago?
Mar 18th 2015
      ILU?
Mar 18th 2015
I pulled up on my own cousin once, 2am in the bronx....
Mar 18th 2015
i used to get out of high school go to my gf's house then go to work
Mar 18th 2015
I ain't gon' lie....
Mar 18th 2015
      you start rationalizing it
Mar 18th 2015
I knew someone that once smoked wet, took xanax then went driving...
Mar 18th 2015
Yeah, better to catch that fine....
Mar 18th 2015
driving THAT sleepy is dangerous too though
Mar 18th 2015
True. I hope ol' boy isn't narcoleptic.
Mar 18th 2015
I saw it one time in DC at a light. I though the dude was dead.
Mar 18th 2015
saw something similar
Mar 18th 2015
Honey..one time I stopped at a green light looking at the red light ahea...
Mar 18th 2015
Work 3rd shift for a while, it'll happen to you.
Mar 18th 2015
A bus driver back in Pittsburgh was obviously hung over...
Mar 18th 2015
Margart worked night shift. Margaret fell sleep on the freeway. Margaret...
Mar 18th 2015
Whoa, that's wild
Mar 18th 2015
Driving on 695 near Baltimore
Mar 19th 2015

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "a client did that."
In response to Reply # 0

he was suspected of DUI. i got the DUI dismissed and he plead guilty to improper lane usage.

fuck you.

The Wordsmith
17070 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "What kind of a fine can you get for that in Chicago?"
In response to Reply # 1

I didn't know you could get in trouble for that.

Since 1976

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "ILU?"
In response to Reply # 4

it varies. i negotiate.

fuck you.

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:32 PM

2. "I pulled up on my own cousin once, 2am in the bronx...."
In response to Reply # 0

he was at the intersection where i make the turn to get onto my block, just sitting on green.

he lives nowhere near me, by the way.

i just happened to recognize his car cuz he was pushing the old training day Monte Carlo at the time, and it was fly as shit.

he was drunk than a motherfucker, i woke him up, let him go on his way (dumb) and followed him halfway home, where he proceeded to pull over in a secluded spot and sleep some more.

i just watched over his ass til daybreak.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:32 PM

3. "i used to get out of high school go to my gf's house then go to work"
In response to Reply # 0

man let me tell you

going from school..to certain...activities

id be tapped out leaving on my way to work

I fell asleep at a stop light one time cause of it lol

The Wordsmith
17070 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:36 PM

6. "I ain't gon' lie...."
In response to Reply # 3

....with the running around I've been doing lately, I've had to remind myself a few times that I'm waiting at the light and I'm not in bed. I can see how a cat can get a little too comfortable while at the light.

Since 1976

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:38 PM

7. "you start rationalizing it"
In response to Reply # 6

ok i can just close my eyes for just a second until the light turns...

8-bit
Member since Jan 12th 2010
10841 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:34 PM

5. "I knew someone that once smoked wet, took xanax then went driving..."
In response to Reply # 0

Long story short, he ended up like dude in your story, but didn't wake up. Fire Dept. had to bust the window out and remove him. Then he got booked. I think he earned a DUI off of that. In reality, he got lucky. That little adventure could have turned out MUCH worse.

---
http://twitter.com/logicalhood
http://instagram.com/hoodlogic

The Wordsmith
17070 posts

10. "Yeah, better to catch that fine...."
In response to Reply # 5

...than to be tumbling off someone's bridge. That nigga should've waited until he was home where he could afford to chill before gettin' smashed. Then again, I knew niggas that would get both drunk AND high during our lunch break at my old job, only for them to be sluggish the rest of the time. It shouldn't surprise me your boy pulled that stunt.

Since 1976

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts

8. "driving THAT sleepy is dangerous too though"
In response to Reply # 0

just sayin

The Wordsmith
17070 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:44 PM

11. "True. I hope ol' boy isn't narcoleptic."
In response to Reply # 8

Since 1976

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:45 PM

12. "I saw it one time in DC at a light. I though the dude was dead. "
In response to Reply # 0

We just drove pass. I was in the back seat...
"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 04:46 PM

13. "saw something similar"
In response to Reply # 0

Was driving home from work on this major roadway when i saw this car up against a pole and a man with his head on the steering wheel.

Mind you its rush hour traffic and nobody stopping to see whats going on. I get out to walk up to the car and call 911 when dude starts twitching. Police station was right across the street so they were there in 2 mins.

Turns out dude was having a diabetic episode and he zonked out because his blood sugar was too low.

Shit was weird.

ThisIs_ATruthThang
Member since Nov 16th 2003
11678 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 05:05 PM

14. "Honey..one time I stopped at a green light looking at the red light ahea..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was so sleepy that night that I passed my turn. I was just driving getting lost. I started smacking myself. What was supposed to only take me 10minutes to get home, took 30minutes.

Somebody's lying...

@Atruelady Twitter/ @Sweetesttaboos Instagram

Doronmonkflake
Member since Jan 10th 2007
11078 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 08:45 PM

15. "Work 3rd shift for a while, it'll happen to you."
In response to Reply # 0

Da bayball, babeh. (c) Charlie Kelly.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79918 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 08:51 PM

16. "A bus driver back in Pittsburgh was obviously hung over..."
In response to Reply # 0

this guy fell asleep at every red light on his way downtown.

We had to yell everytime the light turned green.

Pretty sure he got fired because everyone who got off the bus swore they would report him.

rdhull
Charter member
33149 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 09:09 PM

17. "Margart worked night shift. Margaret fell sleep on the freeway. Margaret..."
In response to Reply # 0

We worked night shift and got off at 7.

Just in time to go home with the morning traffic rush

One day Margaret was going home via the fwy. The fwy came to a stop due to the morning traffic rush.

She closed her eyes and fell dead asleep

The traffic let up and she stayed asleep with the cars going around her

A cop woke her up by banging on the window

He gave her a ticket for impeding traffic or something like that

Margaret lol

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Wed Mar-18-15 09:20 PM

18. "Whoa, that's wild"
In response to Reply # 0

Glad that you didn't see a dead guy. That's always kinda jarring, I saw one (he hit a big rig and got sent flying through his windshield, dead on impact) and that shit still sticks with me.

As for sleeping in the whip, I did a severe head nod on the freeway once and realizing it woke my ass up like an eightball would.

One time I got a migraine while driving and kinda blacked out. I was young, 17 or 18. My mom was in the car and she shook me. We had driven onto a median with some little ass trees (recently planted) and I swerved around one, kept it moving like nothing happened. That was really weird though, I was lucky nothing worse happened.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Pamalama
Charter member
1687 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 04:56 AM

19. "Driving on 695 near Baltimore"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-19-15 04:58 AM by Pamalama

It was around 530 am, this car kept drifting in and out of the slow lane. I could see her head sleep-bobbing, so I slowed all the way down. Next thing you know she kept on drifting until she hit the concrete wall on the other side of the fast lane. She popped off that thing like a pinball. And ended up pulling over into the slow lane.

I didn't stop because I had to go to work

Lobby General Discussion topic #12755744 Previous topic | Next topic