Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12687500

Subject: "Receiving clothes for Christmas. Love it or Hate it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Kid Ray
Member since Sep 23rd 2010
1702 posts
Tue Dec-30-14 09:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Receiving clothes for Christmas. Love it or Hate it?"

I don't ask for much during the holidays. If anybody asks what I want I tell them hook me up with some dvd's or some blu ray's, a tv series something simple. But every year someone from my family buys me clothes that I never end up wearing. I always get asked why they don't see me in the shirt they bought. Like Martin said "the thought was beautiful but the gift was all wrong!!!" Buying people clothes for people is a gamble, it's such a personal thing. If I was buying someone clothes I would leave them with a gift receipt just in case they didn't like it.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my aunts tend to get me really nice sweaters
Dec 30th 2014
I hate it ..mostly cause of sizing issues
Dec 30th 2014
i get socks,underwear and undershirts for christmas
Dec 31st 2014
It's cool
Dec 31st 2014
Hate it
Dec 31st 2014
for people that want to give me something but i know they're broke,
Dec 31st 2014
i am too picky for that
Dec 31st 2014
Only from my mom.
Dec 31st 2014
Did you used to rock 4x shit back in the day?
Dec 31st 2014
      Kinda. It would only be like, sweats or street wear type shit.
Dec 31st 2014
           the best were the moms who took their kids shoe shopping
Jan 01st 2015
APPRECIATIVE
Dec 31st 2014
My parents do this but they usually play it safe
Dec 31st 2014
Besides money and gift cards it's all I ask for.
Dec 31st 2014
My Mom always buys me or makes a few beautiful headwraps
Dec 31st 2014
depends on who's buying them
Jan 01st 2015

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Tue Dec-30-14 09:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my aunts tend to get me really nice sweaters"
In response to Reply # 0

i got a nice one this year.
my grandmother used to always get me a set of pajamas
she passed away a few years ago though
haven't gotten one since

but yea i've gotten a few duds over the years but overall getting clothes hasn't been bad for me.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Regina Rose
Member since Jul 01st 2008
7349 posts
Tue Dec-30-14 09:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I hate it ..mostly cause of sizing issues"
In response to Reply # 0

I do like getting pjs but no one except for my mom get me a set that completely fits me..which is mad annoying

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 10:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "i get socks,underwear and undershirts for christmas"
In response to Reply # 0

start the year off feeling new lol

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 10:06 AM

4. "It's cool"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel you on the gift receipt. You takin' a gamble buying me clothes, my taste is all over the place.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 10:12 AM

5. " Hate it "
In response to Reply # 0

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 11:18 AM

6. "for people that want to give me something but i know they're broke,"
In response to Reply # 0

i tell them i need socks. it's cheap and you can never have too many socks...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 11:27 AM

7. "i am too picky for that"
In response to Reply # 0

i have definitely evolved into that "what do you get for the guy who has everything?" type of asshole. my girlfriend doesn't even try, she will just cook for me (which unfortunately she is pretty bad at) and get extra wild in the sack (where she more than makes up for her culinary deficiencies).

my best friends are the two cheapest motherfuckers ever, i swear! one of them is a lawyer who pulls in low-sixes. we were in sint maarten, not a cheap vacay, and dude is like "i dunno if i should get my girlfriend anything. she loves chocolate, maybe some kinda dutch or french chocolate." i went to a dutch shop and dropped about $125 on dutch goodies for my dutch buddy who lives in colombia. my boy bought all of $9 worth of chocolate, $6 of which he ate that night. a $3 fucking tube of chocolate! i remember maybe twice he got me something for my birthday, ever, to the point where i stopped getting him shit, too. my other buddy is more broke than anything, i guess, usually he will come through with some doja or something though.

my parents have also given up. my mom just looks for something i am already buying and will pay for it, usually a pair of sneakers or something. she is cool, she really WANTS to do it. my pops usually pays for my league pass or tickets to a game, though i am racking up the IOUs there because i get to so many games for work/free that we almost never go as paying customers now.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 11:46 AM

8. "Only from my mom."
In response to Reply # 0

My grandparents tried to pull fast ones for a few years, getting me and my cousins all the same shit from outlets they'd been to or "clothes" from FootLocker, that just end up being 4X polo shirts. I can't do shit in a yellow 4X polo but get clowned on.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 01:11 PM

11. "Did you used to rock 4x shit back in the day?"
In response to Reply # 8

my parents hated that I wore baggy clothes as a kid but now that I'm older and no longer wear them they tend to buy me shit that's way too big. It's like they caught on too late lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 02:40 PM

14. "Kinda. It would only be like, sweats or street wear type shit."
In response to Reply # 11

My parents would murder me for even trying to rock baggy polos and khakis, etc.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu Jan-01-15 12:47 AM

15. "the best were the moms who took their kids shoe shopping"
In response to Reply # 14

kid would be a 8.5 and walk out with some size 12s. "ohhhhh, i don't want em to be too tight!" and "you'll grow into 'em, baby!"

on the flip side i heard some major payne sounding mf'er in the foot locker telling his kid "you don't go with your mother no more, she'll be buyin you more fuckin size 14s." kid walked out with a size 11 pair of triaxes.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 12:08 PM

9. "APPRECIATIVE"
In response to Reply # 0

No one has to spend their bread on me so when they do, in any capacity, I appreciate it.

My styles have not changed over the years, so those who know me know what I like to rock. I am simple.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 01:09 PM

10. "My parents do this but they usually play it safe"
In response to Reply # 0

they buy me things I'm bound to wear like dress shirts for work or a nice sweater or scarf. They usually add a receipt so I can swap out sizes/colors.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "Besides money and gift cards it's all I ask for."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-31-14 01:14 PM by Brew

(a) I'm EXTREMELY specific with sizes and styles and things I would want, so the margin for error is minimized, and (b) everyone in my family and my girl's family knows to leave gift receipts in case something needs to go back, for whatever reason. No hard feelings, everyone realizes it's a risk (it goes both ways as I buy people clothes, too) but the thought counts and I don't mind making some returns to go find something that better suits me.

I use discretion in my gift giving. If I have no idea about someone's style, size, or whatever, I don't buy that person clothes...I go another route.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

afrogirl_lost
Member since May 22nd 2012
3062 posts
Wed Dec-31-14 01:15 PM

13. "My Mom always buys me or makes a few beautiful headwraps"
In response to Reply # 0

and neck scarves. My sisters always buy me fashionable sneakers and hoodies that I would never buy for myself. They do a good job. My brother just gets me books or gift cards.

osu_no_1
Member since Feb 26th 2003
9414 posts
Thu Jan-01-15 07:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "depends on who's buying them"
In response to Reply # 0

My wife, mom and grandma know my style fairly well and don't usually mess it up. Sometimes they try to push me into something outside what I usually do and there's a pretty low chance of it working. But sometimes I'll wear it.

My stepmom though, she is more addicted to shopping and getting deals than actually thinking of what I wear and getting stuff I like. I tell her I'd rather have two good shirts than 10 Kohl's sale deals, but every year it's the same thing. She scaled back quite a bit this year on the clothes and that was good. Actually probably her best year for clothes gifts for me.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12687500 Previous topic | Next topic