Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18725

Subject: "Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Ray2000
Charter member
636 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 03:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"

Yo I just woke up and I can't get wrestlemania out of my mind. From the first match to the last one, it was 100% thorough. The ending had me going 'WTF' when Austin sided with Vince. But besides all the dramatical aspects, the wrestling itself was good. Some matches had me on the edge of my seat, especially Beniot-Angle, TLC2, and Austin-Rock. Yo, I know there's wrestling fans on this biatch so holla and tell me what you think.

-IRC/EFnet/#okayplayer....go there now

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
when stone cold
Apr 02nd 2001
yea but still..
Apr 02nd 2001
RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts
Apr 02nd 2001
Apr 02nd 2001
Wrestlebladia XVII
Apr 02nd 2001
RE: Wrestlebladia XVII
Apr 02nd 2001
adidas_supastar
Apr 02nd 2001
Apr 02nd 2001
Apr 02nd 2001
Eddy fall down!
Apr 02nd 2001
Apr 02nd 2001
Shanes's Dropkick
Apr 02nd 2001
RVD in WWF/WCW?
Apr 02nd 2001
      Nope! n/m
Apr 02nd 2001
           Rasslin
Apr 02nd 2001
           Rugged Ronny Garvin
Apr 02nd 2001
                RE: Rugged Ronny Garvin
Apr 06th 2001
           the whole fn show!
meskadlite
Apr 07th 2001
                RE: the whole fn show!
Apr 07th 2001
                     RE: the whole fn show!
meskadlite
Apr 08th 2001
Quick Question
Apr 02nd 2001
my thoughts
Apr 02nd 2001
      RE: my thoughts
Apr 02nd 2001
           They did do something but...
Apr 03rd 2001
                RE: They did do something but...
Apr 06th 2001
                     When is Goldberg gonna show up?
Cockroach2kay
Apr 07th 2001
                          My bets are neither
Apr 07th 2001
                               RE: My bets are neither
Apr 07th 2001
Apr 07th 2001
Apr 09th 2001
shanes van termanator.
meskadlite
Apr 07th 2001
Apr 09th 2001

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 03:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "when stone cold"
In response to Reply # 0

basically beat Rock down w/ the chair to end it, I was kinda left hanging, it was like 'why the hell didn't ya do that earlier?'

so stone cold is a bad guy, it was either him or the Rock that was gonna turn, so thats no surprise

yap that fool.

on sabbatical.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

Ray2000
Charter member
636 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 03:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "yea but still.."
In response to Reply # 1

like usually when someone gets the chair once, thats it. First Vince hit him with a chair, and Rock got back up. Then stone cold hit him, and he got back up again. Then finally he hit him like 8 times and that was it lol. Stone cold siding with Vince is hard to believe cuz they always hated each other, even though I knew some drama had to jump off.

geenice
Charter member
560 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 04:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
3. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

It was decent. Fell asleep during the Chyna match, and fought sleep during Taker/HHH which was a good match, but the matches that did it for me last night were:

TLC 2 - These guys take bumping to the next level. They worked their collective asses off to put on a good match. Dudleys, Edge and Christian, and the Hardys, my hat's off to you. Not as impressive as last years, with the added run-ins of Rhyno and Spike and Lita, but I was digging the "ECW" chants from the crowd.

Benoit/Angle - But on a wrestling classic. To quote my grandmoter, "They are really wresltling. I like to see this. All that chairs and tables stuff ain't wresling." Nuff said

Rock/Stonecold - They both put it all on the line last night. No one wanted to lose. The Rock kept kicking out, which caused me to mark out. I knew Stonecold was going to win in his hometown, but the drama with the kickouts had me on the edge of my seat.

One thing I didn't like was all the blading. If you don't know what blading is, it's when wrestlers intentionally cut themselves with a razor blade after getting hit with a chair or other hard object. In the year 2001, I don't need to see excessive amounts of blood in a wrestling match. Vince, enough with the blading. Please.

Shane also spoke for all us sons in the world that wanted to kick their father's ass. Shane is for real.

I'm ghetto like sunflower seeds and quarter waters.

Wanna Oochie Wally?
click here--> http://members.blackplanet.com/geenice

I bootleg for fun!

oggeenice on AIM
0ggeenice 0n Yahoo IM

Finish You Later

Finish You lata

ColdComfort
Charter member
666 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 05:04 AM

4. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

Tables and Ladders and Chairs oh my!!!
I knew that match was gonna be THE SHIT!!!! and so it was!

Angle/Benoit was a good match with a bad ending. Someone should've tapped out!

Shane/Vince - That was the drop kick to end all drop kicks. Vince caught it!

Rock/Austin ??? I knew Austin was gonna win, but siding with McMahon??? What kinda shit is that.

Great minds think like me!

BooDaah: who the hell r you to be ordering folks around?
CoComf: I am the ruler of the Invisible Planet! Bow before me!

**holding up two small ping pong balls** I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!!!

If you have Audiogalaxy and five minutes go get that Arkham Asylum ish!

-I like the ring covered in fire, thumbtacks and livewire...every match is Last Man Standing to force me to retire..

Melanism
Charter member
20452 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 05:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Wrestlebladia XVII"
In response to Reply # 0

Comments…

Benoit vs, Angle:

I got the impression that Benoit was supposed to break out of the rollover but he was trapped. The ref slowed up on the three count but Benoit couldn’t move. No way it was supposed to end like that. It was wack that the fans weren’t into what amounted to REAL wrestling for a while.

Vince vs. Shane:

C’mon, you know you were hoping somebody ANYBODY from WCW came out to help Shane. The WCW cats didn’t look too happy to be there (I would be pissy too in the nosebleed section). I have to tip my hat to Shane. First that 70 foot fall he took versus Blackmon a couple of months ago then the jump into the Spanish WWF Table and the ringpost-to-ringpost move. He is quite the risk taker.

TLC II:

No disrespect to The Rock or Stone Cold but TLC II should have been the last match. Nothing can top the TLC. When Spyke Dudley caught Edge through the table (face first!)…when Rhyno smashed Matt into the table…when Christian speared Jeff while he was hanging onto the belts (!!)…when Matt and Buh Buh went through the four stacked tables and there was blood all over…I called yet another TLC victory for E&C. They always win because one member of the other two teams is always too hurt to finish.

Gimmick Match:

Damn, Hillybilly Jim is in better shape than the Undertaker!!! Where was Honkytonk Man? Iron Shiek could barely move in those pants. It was fun to reminisce…

Undertaker vs. Triple HHH:

Time for Taker to retire. He is one of the most out of shape looking wrestlers in WWF. But he had a good fight though. Too bad it was after TLC because I almost forgot about it.

Rock vs. Stone Cold:

Wow. What was the point of having The Rock fight out of all those pins if he was still gonna lose? The McMahon angle was kinda expected considering Jim Ross mentioned every three minutes “who made this match no DQ???”. So Stone Cold is a villain? I doubt it. He’ll probably say I did it to get the title than turn on Vince. The Rock took a beating tho. When Austin kept hitting with the chair I couldn’t help but laugh (“Stay the fuck down”)…now Rock can do promotional shit for “The Mummy Returns” and The HBK can go after Austin.

Side notes:
-Why does the Spanish announcers table ALWAYS get fucked up? I feel bad for those guys.
-Worst sign of the night displaying redneck status: “Eddie Guerrero Mows My Lawn”
-Can Jim Ross say “Sonuvabitch” three times fast?
-the blading was a bit much…every time the camera cut away from someone you knew they were cutting themselves. Raven and Matt Hardy were really bleeding tho.

m e l a n i s m

http://www.melanism.com

What??? I deleted your post? Did you read the guidelines?
(http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
***even if you did, get a grip***

Deadly Venom Spitterz-we like acid, we burn yuh!!! uncafukka!!

Quote of the Year:
"nobody i recognize will be there...it's not OUR show."
--steve harvey
(on why he is not going to watch the Academy Awards ceremony)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: if you are reading this then this warning is for you. every word you read off this useless fine print is another second off your life. don't you have other things to do? is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? do you read everything you're supposed to read? do you think everything you're supposed to think? buy what you're told to want? get out of your apartment. meet a member of the opposite sex. stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. quit your job. start a fight. prove you're alive. if you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. you have been warned.--tyler durden

-------------------
http://twitter.com/Melanism

Don_Jawnson
Charter member
2917 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 06:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: Wrestlebladia XVII"
In response to Reply # 5

that shit was insane...the rock with the sharpshooter on austin, blood streaming down his face and into his mouth....bloody hell mayne.

adidas_supastar

Mon Apr-02-01 06:20 AM

7. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

Man that PPV was off the hook

Match of the night was easily TLC 2
Spike Dudley Acid Drop was fucking ridiculous but question "Matt Harday Swanton bomb two cats who couldn't even go after the belts"
Just a question

Vince vs. Shane.

Shane is the man. BOTTOMLINE. That drop kick was seriously some other shit. He's about to become a likable Vince.

Rock vs. Stone Cold

I guess it's Stone Cold's time to be the heel. I mean everyone knew Stone Cold was going to win so the WWF writers had to figure out a way that was going to shock people. And to say the least they did just that. The Rock took an ass whipping and kept kicking out, definte superstar.

Question:
How long does Austin holds the belt?
And to whom does he lose it to?

1. Read it, digest it and learn from it
If you have doubt. repeat step 1

"We need to stop talking about what we got and teach our kids how to get it"- Ras Kass

Melanism
Charter member
20452 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 06:43 AM

9. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 7

>Question:
>How long does Austin holds the
>belt?
>And to whom does he lose
>it to?
>

Heartbreak Kid...coming soon

m e l a n i s m

http://www.melanism.com

What??? I deleted your post? Did you read the guidelines?
(http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
***even if you did, get a grip***

Deadly Venom Spitterz-we like acid, we burn yuh!!! uncafukka!!

Quote of the Year:
"nobody i recognize will be there...it's not OUR show."
--steve harvey
(on why he is not going to watch the Academy Awards ceremony)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: if you are reading this then this warning is for you. every word you read off this useless fine print is another second off your life. don't you have other things to do? is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? do you read everything you're supposed to read? do you think everything you're supposed to think? buy what you're told to want? get out of your apartment. meet a member of the opposite sex. stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. quit your job. start a fight. prove you're alive. if you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. you have been warned.--tyler durden

-------------------
http://twitter.com/Melanism

Double M
Charter member
723 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 06:36 AM

8. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

Hot shit.......Am I the only one that saw Eddie Guerrero fall off the apron when the ref, Saturn, and Guerrero tried to get Test's foot out of the ring ropes? That shit was hilarious.

OKAYuncle Double M: Giving You True Wisdom since 2001

DaiLa: "Why are you so quiet?....."
Double M: "I was listening!!!!!"
DaiLa: "Oh.."

"My style's blessed like holy water....."-Double M

"I don't get strokes, muthafucka.........I GIVE 'EM!!!!!!"-Jim Brown

"I got techniques drippin' out my buttcheeks, sleep on my stomach so I don't fuck up my sheets"-The Notorious B.I.G.

"The man that said there is nothing to fear but fear itself..........never met me!"-Triple H

"If Faith had twins, she'd probably have two pacs, get it.......2 pacs?"-The Notorious B.I.G.

"...appreciate life, sit back, don't let it fly right past you"-Talib Kweli

"Every time I try to get a piece of mind, niggas try to get a piece of mine.........so I gotta grab my Piece"-Andre 3000

"I have the scars to prove the clock strikes with her hands." — Saul Williams

"I don't see why people are so scared of music, it ain't gonna bite you." — bnicedh

geenice
Charter member
560 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 06:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
10. "Eddy fall down!"
In response to Reply # 8

I was laffing about a half hour after that happened. I totally forgot about it now I have to rewind the tape. LOL

Wanna Oochie Wally?

I bootleg for fun!

oggeenice on AIM
0ggeenice 0n Yahoo IM

Finish You Later

Finish You lata

azucar18
Charter member
1681 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 08:01 AM

11. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

here are my thoughts re: wrestlemania

1)i agree that there was way too much blading in this event. especially in the stone cold/rock match, seeing them covered in blood for half the match was really gross.

2) i can't wait to see raw tonight to see how stone cold explains his newfound alliance w/ vince. when i saw that i was like "wtf??"

3) shane is the best non-wrestling wrestler. you know that move he did at the end of the match? according to wrestleline, the only other wrestler who's ever done that in the u.s. is rob van dam. shane takes some insane bumps and i have to respect that.

4) tlc II wasn't nearly as good as tlc I, but it was a good match. i think the problem was that it ended just as soon as it was getting good. and i don't like the fact that yet again edge & christian won. why do they win at every pay-per-view? and why are they always the only ones able to walk out when everyone else is just lying there? (sue me, i love the hardyz, and i want to see them get the belts at a pay-per-view just for once.)

5) it's obvious that the writers for the wwf read wrestlecrap.com. why else would they have put the gobbly gooker and the goon in the gimmick match? and some of those wrestlers haven't aged a bit. and wouldn't it have been funny to see aldo montoya and papa shango in that match? (they are now justin credible and the goodfather)

6) i heard that the reason that shawn michaels didn't appear at wrestlemania is because he showed up "inebriated" at the last smackdown taping. allegedly he's addicted to the same painkiller that killed brian pillman. but i ain't one to gossip, so you ain't heard that from me. oh no you haven't.

"when i grow up, i want to be a principal or a caterpillar."- ralph wiggum

MSN IM name: azucar18 (the hell with AOL)

http://community.webtv.net/azucar18/yetanotherwasteof - better than an awol one record. or perhaps not.

i am jesus's little sunbeam.

MrHotep
Charter member
3540 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 08:59 AM

12. "Shanes's Dropkick"
In response to Reply # 0

Impressive.

Some RVD shit.

Is he coming?

~~~~~

geenice
Charter member
560 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 09:18 AM

13. "RVD in WWF/WCW?"
In response to Reply # 12

Wanna Oochie Wally?

I bootleg for fun!

oggeenice on AIM
0ggeenice 0n Yahoo IM

Finish You Later

Finish You lata

geenice
Charter member
560 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 09:18 AM

14. "Nope! n/m"
In response to Reply # 13

Wanna Oochie Wally?

I bootleg for fun!

oggeenice on AIM
0ggeenice 0n Yahoo IM

Finish You Later

Finish You lata

Mr Red
Charter member
7241 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 09:32 AM

15. "Rasslin"
In response to Reply # 14

Why is everyone complaining about blood? What great matches back in the day didnt have some blood in it? But anyways it was great to see my nigga Hillbilly Jim on that shit. I aint thought about that cat since like 88. They should have Moondog or Koko B Ware out there. But seeing Abdullahs fat ass had me trippin But everybody needs to watch WCW classics on TurnerSouth. They had cats on there like the BoogyWoogyMan, Nikita Koloff and my nigga Rugged Ronnie Garvin, that dude was cool as hell with that damn towel around his neck.

---------------------------------------

Ima tell everybody that when it comes to pool Cowboy likes to cheat!!!!- Tony from Dead Presidents

"Im trying to get in to you not into you" - Shyne

"You can deny the lies but you cant deny the truth" - Khujo- If u scurred

Bit$%es is full of shit, thats why they eyes brown - me

------------------------------
Now lets take a moment to ponder the depth, brilliance, and emotional gravity of Mr Reds above statement.

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 11:24 AM

16. "Rugged Ronny Garvin"
In response to Reply # 15

Damn, that takes me back.

Holy shit, I just thought of something. Doesn't Dean Malenko's face kind of remind you of Garvin? They've got that same serious mug.

Long live the Garvin Stomp!!!

Peace

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Fri Apr-06-01 09:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "RE: Rugged Ronny Garvin"
In response to Reply # 16

Yeah, I used to like Garvin too.....before I found out he was gay.

No way in hell he should have beaten Flair for the belt in 87 either.

meskadlite

Sat Apr-07-01 10:50 AM

28. "the whole fn show!"
In response to Reply # 14

mr ppv rob van dam was and still is leaning towards wcw and now that it has new ownership.he feels he will be able to show his skills more in wcw which is true.incase you are blind the wwf doesnt really focus on the cruiser weight style wreslting of japan and lucha libre style.wcw has a nice assortment of cruiser weights and the truth is,would a rock vs. van dam match be that great?if you dont know who rob van dam is i suggest you rent some ecw or japan wrestling tapes.van dam vs. michaels would be a dream match but wwf is more brawling and...just watch a rock match and see what moves he does the whole match.with the wcw/wwf connection now we might see a michaels /van dam match.but it looks like he will be chillin with shane-o-mac.
hayabusa lives!
chris

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Sat Apr-07-01 02:19 PM

29. "RE: the whole fn show!"
In response to Reply # 28

If McMahon actually wanted Rob Van Damn, he would have already gotten him. It isn't like Van Damn is doing anything better anyways.

Besides, Van Damn, like Sabu, is overrated.

meskadlite

Sun Apr-08-01 08:59 PM

30. "RE: the whole fn show!"
In response to Reply # 29

van dam over rated? sabu yes but you need to see some of his japan matches with hayabusa and say the some thing.van dam was supposed to have met with jim ross here in ca. but he had other things.van dam is doing the indies right now and is working on his wrestling school in so. ca. so he's staying busy.he wrestled at our last event in upw and is still the whole f'n show!
ewf school of hard knocks.
chris

Zeno
Charter member
25623 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 11:43 AM

17. "Quick Question"
In response to Reply # 0

The recaps I've read say some WCW youngbloods were in a skybox during the Shane/Vince match. I missed the PPV, who exactly was there?

Z

"Blindfolds can't cover three eyes,
We're wise to the fact so we attack with what we know
Heaven is the only good life" --Andre Benjamin

Over 10 Years of Measured Responses

CTOWN_REPREZENTA
Charter member
880 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 12:07 PM

18. "my thoughts"
In response to Reply # 17

aight so im a cornball but i actually thought it was gonna be a hard fought one on one match wit the rock and austin sharin a beer afterwards, u know like when razor ramon and shawn micheals shook hands after that classic ladder match for the intercontintal title? anyway, it was a decent pay per view, it would of been a whole lot better if beniot vs. angle match would have been an "i quit" bout, and taker's and HHH match would've been 'last man standing match'. and about stone cold bein' the heel, i can tell whether the crowd didnt care or if it was just becuase it was his hometown but it didnt seem to matter cause the cheered like crazy for his ass when he won the title. so it got me to thinkin', will the fans even care if stone cold hooked up wit vince?

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 12:20 PM

19. "RE: my thoughts"
In response to Reply # 18

I've been waiting for Stone Cold to turn heel for a while now. I knew it would be tough, but I think they did the right thing last night. Stone Cold demolishing the Rock and hooking up with Vince was the first step. I suspect that they'll take it even further tonight on Raw. Maybe he'll tell all the fans to go fuck themselves, because all he cares about is the belt and being at the top. They could make that he wants money now, and he's McMahon's gun for hire. I don't know, they'll do something.

Peace

Ray2000
Charter member
636 posts
Tue Apr-03-01 01:31 AM

20. "They did do something but..."
In response to Reply # 19

They did some unexpected shit with Triple H siding with Austin. WTF was that? They just had one of the best matches of the year at No Way Out, and Triple H was involved in the 'Who hit stone cold' storyline, which was the best storyline of 2000. Now why the fuck are they siding with each other? I guess its to get Austin over as a heel but still, that shit is wak

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Fri Apr-06-01 10:00 PM

22. "RE: They did do something but..."
In response to Reply # 20

Austin, at this moment in time, won't even be a better heel than Goldberg was. They simply dont know how to keep people from cheering him.

Cockroach2kay

Sat Apr-07-01 05:23 AM

23. "When is Goldberg gonna show up?"
In response to Reply # 22

Well now that they have taken over WCW. I'm still waiting for Goldberg or Big Poppa Pump to show up and beat the hell out of somebody.

I wanna see a Steiner/Austin match dammit....the hell with Goldberg.

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Sat Apr-07-01 05:49 AM

24. "My bets are neither"
In response to Reply # 23

From what I heard, Goldberg has a better chance than Steiner. Steiner has a very serious back injury that's been nagging him a good portion of his career. It was rumored that it was so bad that chances were good that he wouldn't face Booker T at the last Nitro. Either way, it's doubtful Steiner wont be picked up because 1. he can't handle a 200 plus schedule, like everyone in the WWF does, with that back injury 2. That stunt he pulled on his website telling readers that he was going to lose the title anyways the weekend before the match. 3. Steiner is totally unprofessional, and now that the WWF is the only company in the US to go to they aren't going to put up with that shyt. It's one strike and you're out.

As for Goldberg, when the WWF bought WCW they picked up alot of contracts of mid-card stars with that deal (Chavo Guererro, Shane Helms, Staisiak, Palumbo & O'Haire, etc...) but they didn't take the top carders with guaranteed contracts (Goldberg, Hall, Nash, Steiners, Hogan, Flair, Booker T, DDP). The idea is for Turner to buyout their contracts, much like they do coaches when they get fired, then renegotiate with the WWF. If they refuse to be bought out and keep their full contract then they can't wrestle anywhere in the country. Goldberg has a $3 million dollar contract. There is no way in hell Vince is going to pay that kind of money for him, as they have stated that they are offering anyone making over $1.5 million only 30% of what their contract was while with Turner. To me, and the general consensus, Goldberg is going to stay home and collect a paycheck.

Jekyll_Hyde
Charter member
1670 posts
Sat Apr-07-01 06:46 AM

25. "RE: My bets are neither"
In response to Reply # 24

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. Plus, Goldberg has said in the past that he doesn't like the WWF style of wrestling, so I'm not sure he'd want to work for Vince. It's a damn shame though, because seeing Goldberg on a WWF pey-per-view or RAW would be incredible. Sure, he may not have the best ring skills and isn't the talker Rock is, but he's intense, and the crowd really gets into it when he's there. I could just imagine his first appearance. Edge, Christian, and Rhyno would be talking smack about the Dudleyz and Hardyz. When all three teams would start brawling, Goldberg would appear out of nowhere. Edge and Rhyno would double pear him, but he would get right back up. He would then spear both of them and show them how it's done. Then he would kick everyone else's ass and clear them out of the ring. He would then call out Austin, because he's tired of his bull shit attitude (now that Austin's heel). It would be classic. Austin would be Vince's hired gun for the WWF, and Goldberg would represent Shane's WCW. Perfect. Too bad it won't happen though.

Peace

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Sat Apr-07-01 07:36 AM

26. "RE: My bets are neither"
In response to Reply # 25

For Goldberg, and most of the WCW main eventers, unless they are guaranteed to be in the top running in the WWF it's a waste of time. Most of them have made so much money in wrestling that working for anything less and not main eventing would be a waste. DDP I know has definitely said this, and from what I heard is thinking about becoming a motivational speaker. The only ones from that top spot that WWF is probably gonna gun for is Booker T , Ric Flair, and maybe Sting. Other than those three, I doubt the WWF grabs anyone else.

NazDak
Charter member
2168 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 03:03 AM

31. "RE: My bets are neither"
In response to Reply # 26

> The only ones from
>that top spot that WWF
>is probably gonna gun for
>is Booker T , Ric
>Flair, and maybe Sting.
>Other than those three, I
>doubt the WWF grabs anyone
>else.

I can understand Booker T...but do you HONESTLY think the WWF wants anything to do with Ric Flair and Sting?? C'mon now. Those guys are ancient. Even THEY seem to know that, judging from their teary eyed final match on Nitro 3 Weeks ago.
And as far as DDP goes...who cares? An out of shape, over the hill, flaming redneck with below average wrestling skills wont be getting a big contract anywhere anytime soon. Except for maybe stone cold
Peace,
Naz

Http://www.bluechip-productions.com
BlueChip Productions, LLC.

Muzic Theory shall return!
www.muzictheory.com
www.myspace.com/muzictheory

meskadlite

Sat Apr-07-01 10:31 AM

27. "shanes van termanator."
In response to Reply # 0

kanes match was funny.from the mcmahons to the end it was good.shane using rob van dams van termanator was crazy.shane is hard core.he takes bigger bumps than most of the wrestlers.takers and hhh was decent but hhh's entrance with motor head was tight.austin and rock wasnt that great but the drama was good.the dramas what made it good.tlc2 was nice.the best bump was jeff getting speared by edge off the ladder.i've been on those mats and they hurt.it was the best ppv i've seen.its gonna be hard for wwf to top.

neilien
Charter member
1530 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 04:04 AM

32. "RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

I really liked that part where Tiger Woods jumped out of the stands and kicked everyone's ass in the TLC match. Is there anything this man can't do?

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18725 Previous topic | Next topic