Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMy bets are neither
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=18725&mesg_id=18752
18752, My bets are neither
Posted by Expertise, Sat Apr-07-01 05:49 AM
From what I heard, Goldberg has a better chance than Steiner. Steiner has a very serious back injury that's been nagging him a good portion of his career. It was rumored that it was so bad that chances were good that he wouldn't face Booker T at the last Nitro. Either way, it's doubtful Steiner wont be picked up because 1. he can't handle a 200 plus schedule, like everyone in the WWF does, with that back injury 2. That stunt he pulled on his website telling readers that he was going to lose the title anyways the weekend before the match. 3. Steiner is totally unprofessional, and now that the WWF is the only company in the US to go to they aren't going to put up with that shyt. It's one strike and you're out.

As for Goldberg, when the WWF bought WCW they picked up alot of contracts of mid-card stars with that deal (Chavo Guererro, Shane Helms, Staisiak, Palumbo & O'Haire, etc...) but they didn't take the top carders with guaranteed contracts (Goldberg, Hall, Nash, Steiners, Hogan, Flair, Booker T, DDP). The idea is for Turner to buyout their contracts, much like they do coaches when they get fired, then renegotiate with the WWF. If they refuse to be bought out and keep their full contract then they can't wrestle anywhere in the country. Goldberg has a $3 million dollar contract. There is no way in hell Vince is going to pay that kind of money for him, as they have stated that they are offering anyone making over $1.5 million only 30% of what their contract was while with Turner. To me, and the general consensus, Goldberg is going to stay home and collect a paycheck.