Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #14795

Subject: "Questlove tour diary" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 10:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Questlove tour diary"

I was reading that and he didn't write anything about some cities does that mean he didn't care to much for them or they were to live. Specifically Cincinnati. I went to the show I wanted to see his notes on this visit.

PEACE
FREC

"Keep It Movin"

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Questlove tour diary
AKApostrophie
Sep 12th 2001
re:vancity appearance
Sep 12th 2001
Im sorry .. but ...
Sep 12th 2001
RE: Im sorry .. but ...
Sep 12th 2001
      let me apologize again
Sep 12th 2001
           RE: let me apologize again
Sep 12th 2001
                RE: let me apologize again
Sep 12th 2001
                     it's a well-known fact that not only ?uestlove,
Sep 12th 2001
                          why's that? n/m
Sep 12th 2001
                          RE: it's a well-known fact that not only ?uestlove,
Sep 13th 2001
Sep 13th 2001
Sep 13th 2001
                                    lol
Sep 18th 2001
Sep 13th 2001
Sep 13th 2001
Sep 13th 2001
Sep 13th 2001
frec's words
Sep 13th 2001
Shockzilla follow up
Sep 14th 2001
they were to live
Sep 14th 2001
see
Sep 18th 2001

AKApostrophie

Wed Sep-12-01 10:37 AM

1. "RE: Questlove tour diary"
In response to Reply # 0

how bout a reveiw of the only canadian show Vancouver?PEACE

kiki
Charter member
61 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "re:vancity appearance"
In response to Reply # 1

there is a quick note about the vancouver show...you just have to look for it, i cant remember the heading but i remember reading it.
bless.
k.

allah hu akbar indeed...

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 10:50 AM

2. "Im sorry .. but ..."
In response to Reply # 0

a lot of y'all can really make me feel ill sometimes ...

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 11:10 AM

3. "RE: Im sorry .. but ..."
In response to Reply # 2

What do you mean?

frec

"Keep It Movin"

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 12:35 PM

4. "let me apologize again"
In response to Reply # 3

... I guess Im just not in a very good mood ... but the truth is, I read the posts on these boards everyday (because I work on the site and sure, because Im somewhat addicted) ... and I often am dissapointed with the questions and the things people say ... and Im not sure if its just because certain posters are young or they just don't think or what ...

and Im not about to try and speak for ?uest, nor do I think Im smarter or better than anyone else or anything ... and most of the time I just don't want to get involved ... but ...

you asked:

"I was reading that and he didn't write anything about some cities does that mean he didn't care to much for them or they were to live. Specifically Cincinnati."

.. this just seems real silly to me ... because "the Guy" (as we sometimes call him around here) does so much to try and communicate through the website and for some, ... it still not enough ... I guess maybe you just don't know how busy these artists are and how lucky you are to even get a report from one city. ... and then to take it personally (in a way) by wondering it was because he doesn't care for your city ... it just makes me ill sometimes .. and thats what I meant .. nothing against you ... you probably just don't know whats up, at least in regards to these sort of things

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 02:23 PM

6. "RE: let me apologize again"
In response to Reply # 4

Okay. whatever.

Frec

"Keep It Movin"

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 02:35 PM

7. "RE: let me apologize again"
In response to Reply # 6

Plus man. You took a portion of my sentence and tried to flip it. I just wanted to know what he thought of the city. What's up with you?

FREC

"Keep It Movin"

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 08:12 PM

8. "it's a well-known fact that not only ?uestlove,"
In response to Reply # 7

but the rest of the Roots, CANNOT stand the city and the people of Cincinnati. Frankly, you're lucky that they toured there- i'm not sure how the promoters pulled that one off.

and you're asking for a diary entry?

CONVERSELY

maybe he loved it there so much that he was overcome with emotion, and rendered speechless- that being the case, the rest of this post will be an artist's impression of that the diary entry that could have been.

10/23/01
Cincinnati-

We Can Put A Man On The Moon, But We Can't Make Killer Robot Police?

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Wed Sep-12-01 10:14 PM

9. "why's that? n/m"
In response to Reply # 8

-araQual/SoulQuarian

On rotation:
Maxwell - Now
Coldplay - Parachutes
The Rurals - Farmyard Flavours
Spearhead - Stay Human
Jamiroquai - A Funk Odyssey
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Antonio Carlos Jobim - Songbook
Travis - The Man Who
Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

The Soul Shack presents...MAXWELL
http://mantra.topcities.com

"I'm not white or black, I'm a taxpayer" -James Brown.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayerâ„¢

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:09 AM

10. "RE: it's a well-known fact that not only ?uestlove,"
In response to Reply # 8

>but the rest of the Roots,
>CANNOT stand the city and
>the people of Cincinnati.
>Frankly, you're lucky that they
>toured there- i'm not sure
>how the promoters pulled that
>one off.
>
>and you're asking for a diary
>entry?

Yes, I am.
Man, if The Roots cannot stand the city and the people of Cincinnati why have they promoter booked them and the Roots came 2 times in the past 2 years. Rhazel came last year.
I don't get it if the people sell out their show every time they perform ,yet, you all cannot stand them, that's funny, what other cities do you all go to sell out but cannot stand.
I've been to every show and it's the best performance I've seen other than MJ, I didn't know they didn't really want to be there.
Thanks for the info. coo.

PEACE
Frec

"Keep It Movin"

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:17 AM

11. "RE: it's a well-known fact that not only ?uestlove,"
In response to Reply # 8

>
>10/23/01
>Cincinnati-
>
>
Wrong date.
We are lucky they toured here, how arrogant. Do the Roots express your same views.

"Keep It Movin"

pey
Charter member
1888 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:19 AM

12. "RE: it's a well-known fact that not only ?uestlove,"
In response to Reply # 11

um, dude...he was joking.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
ain't no blood in my body,:
it's liquid soul in my veins :

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Tue Sep-18-01 01:58 PM

21. "lol"
In response to Reply # 12

whiners often lack humor....

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

bgoldy
Charter member
21 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:21 AM

13. "RE: Questlove tour diary"
In response to Reply # 0

Um, not to sound overly condescending, but it is fairly obvious from ?uestlove's tour diary that all the stops he wrote about were on the Area One tour, and Cincinnati was not one of those. I was at the Cincinnati show too, and it was after Area One was finished. As for the claim that it is well-known The Roots hate Cincy, I would love to see that documented. Lets not go around generalizing.

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:28 AM

14. "RE: Questlove tour diary"
In response to Reply # 13

Was he just joking? If so coo. I just know Cincinnati gives the Roots nothing but love. That show was packed to capacity.

FREC

"Keep It Movin"

bgoldy
Charter member
21 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:36 AM

15. "RE: Questlove tour diary"
In response to Reply # 14

Yeah I would assume. Not only do I not see The Roots ripping on an entire city, but I have met Hub and he went to school in Cincy for a bit and was very excited that I was from there. Plus, they get a good turnout always.

raphaeldelghetto
Charter member
140 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 06:37 AM

16. "RE: Questlove tour diary"
In response to Reply # 14

Dude, it's called sarcasm. Don't take it personal.

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Thu Sep-13-01 08:24 PM

17. "frec's words"
In response to Reply # 0

'does that mean he didn't care to much for them or they were to (sic) live'

my words, if you actually read the WHOLE post, parodied both notions

if you've been familiar with ?uest's tour diaries in the past- he doesn't just mention the highlights, but the lowlights also - including problems that he's had in cities and onstage

now, you must have SOME idea of just how incredibly busy the guy is- the fact that he finds the time to interact with fans on his site, plus his all-round generosity to his fans, really should mean something to you

so when you call me arrogant for making light of your post, when you're 'demanding' a tour brochure from ?uest on your city, well, it just seems a little ironic

mind you- how you took my post seriously, i don't know- i can only assume you didn't read the whole thing, but there were two extreme reasons i gave as to why he didn't comment on cincinnati- he either hated it so much he wouldn't speak of it, or he loved it so much he couldn't speak of it- did either of those really seem likely to you?

shock
reviews moderator
(please read the guidelines before posting http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
(questions about okayplayer.com should be directed to help@okayplayer.com)
(you can reach me at bboombap@hotmail.com, or aim: shockdiggy)

Frec
Charter member
1170 posts
Fri Sep-14-01 04:26 AM

18. "Shockzilla follow up"
In response to Reply # 17

It was part comedy when I said he was either disliked it or thought it was all the way live. I'm just interested to find out if he went to any of the local records stores, eating spots, hooked up with Hi-Tek and discussed music or something.

FREC

"Keep It Movin"

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Fri Sep-14-01 04:44 AM

19. "they were to live"
In response to Reply # 0

no wonder I never understood what dude was saying ...

i was like ... "to live" ... "to live" ... huh?

and now I see .. it was supposed to be "too live" .. with another "O" ... and live (l-eye-ve) not live (l-ih-ve) see, ... grammar does come in handy sometimes ...

and still ... I wish this thread would just die

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Tue Sep-18-01 03:45 AM

20. "see"
In response to Reply # 19

if you wouldn't post a reponse..

d'oh!

shock
reviews moderator
(please read the guidelines before posting http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
(questions about okayplayer.com should be directed to help@okayplayer.com)
(you can reach me at bboombap@hotmail.com, or aim: shockdiggy)

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #14795 Previous topic | Next topic