Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #61720

Subject: "Anybody pick up Dreamfall?" Previous topic | Next topic
6FeetDeepInThought
Charter member
2557 posts
Wed Apr-19-06 03:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anybody pick up Dreamfall?"

I'm getting mine tomorrow (damn these lousy "ship dates")

It's been getting wildly inconsistent reviews; IGN gave it a 7.5, Gamespot gave it 8.1, Gamespy (which I generally consider the harshest of the major gaming sites) gave it a perfect 5/5, while on the other side of the spectrum 1UP rated it a painful 4.0

Doesn't make a difference to me though, I still know I'm gonna enjoy it. Anybody else here a fan of the Longest Journey series?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Anybody pick up Dreamfall?
Apr 19th 2006
HOLY FUCK this game is great
Apr 20th 2006

Hagen
Member since Dec 19th 2004
375 posts
Wed Apr-19-06 10:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Anybody pick up Dreamfall?"
In response to Reply # 0

loved the first game. not sure what to think about the sequel. On one hand, the 1up reviewer sounds like he has ADD, but his and IGN's reviews still worry me.

Guess I'm going to wait and see.

6FeetDeepInThought
Charter member
2557 posts
Thu Apr-20-06 04:03 AM

2. "HOLY FUCK this game is great"
In response to Reply # 0

Best story, characterization, and dialogue in a game in a long, long time.

There have been complaints that the game lacks actual gameplay; I don't know about everyone else, but simply being able to wander around the game world to your heart's content and be filled with awe and wonder are enough to keep me interested. It takes an approach that few other games take, and it's a totally unique experience.

So fuck 1UP.com. Fuck them up their stupid asses.

Lobby High-Tech topic #61720 Previous topic | Next topic