Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #304066

Subject: "destiny 2" Previous topic | Next topic
infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Nov-20-18 07:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"destiny 2"
Tue Nov-20-18 07:28 PM by infin8

anybody on here get down?

amadu_me777/PS4

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I quit a month into vanilla D2, but I'm back for Forsaken.
Nov 20th 2018
Are you on PC now?
Nov 29th 2018
      Yup.
Nov 30th 2018
Add tw1nty
Nov 26th 2018
will do
Nov 26th 2018
re: the farm
Dec 12th 2018
im kicking myself for not getting the DLC when it was on sale...
Nov 29th 2018
yup, never left
Nov 30th 2018
I heard it's :-\
Dec 06th 2018
They already have to nerf the Black Armory DLC
Dec 07th 2018
      Yea too many complaints
Dec 07th 2018
Saw this shit in Marshall's earlier, but the line was too long.
Dec 08th 2018
wow. I overpaid? LOL
Dec 11th 2018
Activision - Bungie Split
Jan 11th 2019
activation said they not happy w/ forsaken and bungie said...
Jan 11th 2019
      RE: activation said they not happy w/ forsaken and bungie said...
Jan 11th 2019
Shadowkeep and crossplay.
Aug 07th 2019
Shit's free - jump in*
Oct 02nd 2019
Trying to get back in
Oct 02nd 2019
I've turned my controller sensitivity up to the max
Oct 02nd 2019
      RE: I've turned my controller sensitivity up to the max
Oct 02nd 2019
      good advice.
Oct 04th 2019
i'm hopping back in on PC. cross save setup was simple
Oct 04th 2019
plays great on PC at 120 fps
Oct 17th 2019

Steve O Tron v2
Member since Sep 13th 2002
12906 posts
Tue Nov-20-18 08:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I quit a month into vanilla D2, but I'm back for Forsaken."
In response to Reply # 0

PVP wasn't fun at all when it first came out. I'm still not as good on M+K as I was on a controller, but I'm getting there. Random rolls and a ton of stuff to do now even make PVE rewarding.

Tw3nty
Member since Jan 02nd 2007
8466 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 07:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Are you on PC now?"
In response to Reply # 1

I do want to try the game at 60fps but really don't want to buy it again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Steve O Tron v2
12906 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 09:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Yup."
In response to Reply # 4

The game looks and feels a bit faster due to more FPS and larger FOV, and there's no bloom for hand cannons, which are my favorite weapon. I do miss playing with people from PS4, though.

Tw3nty
8466 posts
Mon Nov-26-18 11:20 AM

2. "Add tw1nty"
In response to Reply # 0

I dropped off but I'm gonna pick up again for the new DLC.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Nov-26-18 01:42 PM

3. "will do"
In response to Reply # 2

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Dec-12-18 07:03 PM

13. "re: the farm"
In response to Reply # 2

what is that number next to the farm? it alternates btw a humanoid-looking icon and a number.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 04:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "im kicking myself for not getting the DLC when it was on sale..."
In response to Reply # 0

..a few weeks ago ..getting bored of black ops 4 so, maybe soon

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 04:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "yup, never left"
In response to Reply # 0

Can't wait to get on the Black Armory or whatever they're calling it when it drops tomorrow. Done nothing but work to get my dude as close to 600 as possible, for this new DLC.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 04:50 PM

8. "I heard it's :-\"
In response to Reply # 6

but I don't know $hit.

I JUST broke the 260 barrier last night.

There's a LOT of grinding. a LOT.

Tw3nty
8466 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:12 PM

9. "They already have to nerf the Black Armory DLC"
In response to Reply # 6

You can't complete the quest without 615 light level.
Your powerful drops are still using the same algorithm from Forsaken.

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:49 PM

10. "Yea too many complaints"
In response to Reply # 9

It's just like Forsaken. They've gotta do something to make this game more fun, me and my friends just spend most of our time running fools on Gambit. The constant grinding for the same weapons and the slow level climb does become repetitive.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23860 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 11:57 PM

11. "Saw this shit in Marshall's earlier, but the line was too long."
In response to Reply # 0

$7.99 for PS4, $9.99 for XB1. I might go back or check another one.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Dec-11-18 03:19 PM

12. "wow. I overpaid? LOL"
In response to Reply # 11

it's getting cooler (I'm forcing myself to like it, maybe) as I go on, but it seems repetitive.

*shoot robo-aliens on ___ planet/moon*

the 'cool' part is the interactivity, but whatever...

most nights I'm on for about an hour after the kids go to bed, etc. I think it's set to where you can't see if I'm online, but trust me...I'm there...tryna figure out what a bright engram is LOL

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 10:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "Activision - Bungie Split"
In response to Reply # 0

Let's see what happens next

https://kotaku.com/bungie-splits-with-activision-1831651740

Developer Bungie and publisher Activision are splitting up, an industry-shaking divorce that will see the shared world shooter series Destiny enter fully into Bungie’s control.

This development comes after years of tension between the two companies—tension that has existed since before the first Destiny even shipped. Bungie, the studio that created and has led development on the franchise, told employees during a team meeting this afternoon, framing it as fantastic news for a studio that has long grown sick of dealing with its publisher. Employees cheered and popped champagne, according to one person who was there.

“We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny,” Bungie said in a blog post today. “Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.”

Destiny, which first launched in September 2014, has had a long and rocky road through expansions, updates, and a sequel. The most recent major entry in the franchise, Destiny 2: Forsaken, was beloved by players but failed to meet Activision’s sales standards.

One of the most significant tensions between Bungie and Activision had long been the annualized schedule, which mandated the release of a new Destiny game or expansion every fall. Now, separated from Activision, Bungie will no longer be constrained to that schedule. “We’ll continue to deliver on the existing Destiny roadmap, and we’re looking forward to releasing more seasonal experiences in the coming months,” the company said, “as well as surprising our community with some exciting announcements about what lies beyond.”

For now, it appears to be business as usual for Destiny 2. Activision said on Twitter this afternoon that the game would remain on Blizzard’s Battle.net, and Bungie says the transition is “already underway in its early stages.”

Bungie also has a brand new game in development thanks to a $100 million investment from NetEase.

The news comes during a rough time for Activision, which recently went through an executive shake-up and has been cutting costs at its biggest subsidiary, Blizzard. Activision’s stable of mega-franchises has grown significantly smaller, having abandoned Skylanders and now lost Destiny. Two of the publisher’s other studios, High Moon and Vicarious Visions, had been working on expansions and content for Destiny 2. It’s unclear what they will helm next.

It’s also full circle for Bungie, which created Halo for Microsoft, was then purchased by Microsoft, and negotiated its independence from Microsoft in 2007. At the meeting to announce that deal, employees cheered, too.

liveguy
Member since Jan 01st 2004
8002 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 01:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "activation said they not happy w/ forsaken and bungie said..."
In response to Reply # 14

"we good with forsaken"

that was the beginning of the end.

Hope they can right the ship.

We see through all that boo boo like it's ghost shit... (c) Quelle Chris

| http://liveguy.bandcamp.com |
| www.soundcloud.com/liveguy |
| www.twitter.com/liveguy |
| www.instagram.com/theREALliveguy |
| XBOX ONE GT: theREALliveguy |

Boogiedwn
8677 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 03:16 PM

16. "RE: activation said they not happy w/ forsaken and bungie said..."
In response to Reply # 15

>that was the beginning of the end.

Right

I'm a little worried because how things were for them right after they left Microsoft. We probably won't see any improvements for a while.

Steve O Tron v2
12906 posts
Wed Aug-07-19 08:17 PM

17. "Shadowkeep and crossplay."
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone making the jump to PC?

Boogiedwn
8677 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 10:57 AM

18. "Shit's free - jump in*"
In response to Reply # 0

*except for the new raid

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15294 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 11:05 AM

19. "Trying to get back in"
In response to Reply # 0

We'll see how I do balancing this with my Apex and MLB The Show dailies, though I can see the latter falling away as it tends to do this time of year.

The one thing I'm a little annoyed/confused by is I received a message from PSN in the middle of September saying the Forsaken Annual Pass was available for free, but when I got everything re-installed and booted up the Eververse was still offering me Forsaken for $25 and saying I didn't have that content, and there's so much going on for a guy who fell off early in the Osiris campaign that I can't tell for sure if I have that stuff or if it really even matters at this point until I run out of other stuff to do in the Warmind and Shadowkeep campaigns?

I'll say one thing, coming back from Apex, Destiny 2 actually doesn't feel as perfect as a shooter as I remember it/Destiny feeling earlier this decade. It felt...sticky and sluggish, kind of. I couldn't really find sensitivity settings that felt totally right in my hour or so with it yesterday, but I've also never actively tried to flip between two shooters before since it's never really been my genre so maybe that's just a known phenomenon to other people?

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Tw3nty
8466 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 01:39 PM

20. "I've turned my controller sensitivity up to the max"
In response to Reply # 19

I'm ultra frustrated with the sluggishness of the gameplay now that I spent so much time on Apex. Even maxing out the sensitivity, it's still too slow. I hope this isn't the case on PC. I'm gonna do Stadia instead of building a PC right now.

Steve O Tron v2
12906 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 09:29 PM

21. "RE: I've turned my controller sensitivity up to the max"
In response to Reply # 20
Wed Oct-02-19 09:30 PM by Steve O Tron v2

I haven't played on PS4 in a long time, but on PC the game feels much faster due to the larger FOV. You shouldn't feel too slow if you're on mouse and keyboard as well, because turning on controller is pretty bad.

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15294 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:13 PM

23. "good advice."
In response to Reply # 20

I had initially turned it down to 3, actually. Now I need it at 7 or 8, and it feels mostly like the Destiny I remember. Running strikes and leading in kills despite having very little idea what our actual goal is since there are so many new ones.

It's the only FPS I've been so efficient in kills and that's always been part of the draw for me. Especially compared to how suck ass I am at anything besides support in Apex.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8046 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 01:38 PM

22. "i'm hopping back in on PC. cross save setup was simple"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-04-19 01:38 PM by bearfield

i'm pleased that i can transfer over my ps4 character and play on my preferred platform for free. i completed vanilla d2 story but was put off by the end game grind so i dropped it. there appear to be a lot of significant mechanical and systems changes implemented since vanilla in addition to the normal season pass type content so i'm interested to see exactly how much better d2 is now

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8046 posts
Thu Oct-17-19 02:59 PM

24. "plays great on PC at 120 fps"
In response to Reply # 0

now i see why the cs:go and other FPS pros like high frame rates so much. this is the only AAA game i can run at a frame rate this high without severely compromising visual fidelity. i was expecting to run at 60 tops so this is a great bonus

i love the changes they've made to the armor and weapon mods. it seems like you can slot a gun into your preferred play style now, when previously it felt like you built around a good exotic weapon drop. it's still a little grindy for my taste but the base experience of moving and shooting is unparalleled so i kind of don't care about the grind. there is a ton of content to burn through since i stopped playing about 18 months ago. i might not even get the paid DLC since it seems like it's geared towards end game players. i'm very much enjoying hopping in for a few strikes or quest goals for about 45 minutes a night

Lobby High-Tech topic #304066 Previous topic | Next topic