Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2786341

Subject: "Regarding Endeavor's WWE and UFC purchase." Previous topic | Next topic
Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Tue Apr-04-23 08:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Regarding Endeavor's WWE and UFC purchase."

If this post is unnecessary, please delete it mods. I was going to post in the current wrestling thread and ask about the deal, but I mainly watch MMA and I haven't watched wrestling in decades, so I didn't want to pollute that thread with my MMA-centric views.

My main question is this regarding the deal: is Vince technically Dana White's superior? I've read some reports that says Vince has a leadership with the Endeavor brand, but I'm not clear if that means he has power over Dana White.

What's most interesting to me is that while the UFC had more monetary value in the purchase, the Endeavor board will be comprised of folks from Endeavor and WWE; none of the board members will be chosen from the UFC.

Like I said earlier, I haven't watched wrestling in years, so pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong, but WWE wrestlers are independent contractors correct? If so, that's an unfortunate status they share with the UFC fighters. Good god do these two groups need to form a union in some shape or fashion because they are going to get screwed royally out of getting their fair share of the pie.

Speaking of that proverbial pie, I have to wonder streaming rights will change a ton as result of this deal. I wonder how much Endeavor will try to flex their leverage with a new streaming deal.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Regarding Endeavor's WWE and UFC purchase. [View all] , Numba_33, Tue Apr-04-23 08:28 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah from what I've read, Vince will be Executive Chariman
Apr 04th 2023
A lot of thinga aren’t especially clear
Apr 04th 2023
im not so sure about the TV situation
Apr 04th 2023
      RE: im not so sure about the TV situation
Apr 04th 2023
           uh, well damn.
Apr 04th 2023
                I don't have the numbers
Apr 05th 2023
                     i didnt see this before but i got $150M from this article
Sep 12th 2023
Annnd Vince was back in control on Monday Night...
Apr 04th 2023
WWE and UFC merger is now official. WWE+UFC=TKO
Sep 12th 2023
WWE and UFC merger is now official. WWE+UFC=TKO
Sep 12th 2023

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2786341 Previous topic | Next topic