Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2608742

Subject: "2017 Washington Wizards Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon May-15-17 11:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2017 Washington Wizards Offseason Post"
Mon May-15-17 11:45 PM by SoulHonky

It's all about Otto.

Will someone max out Porter? I think someone like the Nets might throw a big contract his way.

If Wiz max out Otto, that's it for additions outside of the MLE.

I still think you have to sign him. You probably won't get anyone better for him with the cap space they'd have if they lost him and you don't want to just let a valuable commodity walk, especially on a playoff team.

There's also the issue of Bogdan. He's also restricted and could see a minor overpay. Again, probably best for the Wiz to keep what they have and make a trade later.

Jennings is the last key FA. He was useless in the Boston series. He could stay or go. If there's a veteran who might sign a cheaper deal to help the bench, add veteran presence, it would probably be best.

Obviously, backup #4 and backup G is the biggest need. For cheaper guys, they should probably be the next people to give Terrence Jones a shot. Maybe give Spanish League star Edwin Jackson a run at the NBA.

No first rounder for the Wiz - goes to BK in the Bogdan trade. They only have the #52 to find someone to try to help the bench.

This season probably means Ernie Grunfeld isn't going anywhere. Which is a shame because I don't have much confidence in him being able to get what this team needs to take the next step.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

2017 Washington Wizards Offseason Post [View all] , SoulHonky, Mon May-15-17 11:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
The Otto thing is killing me....
May 16th 2017
Exactly what you said.
May 16th 2017
      RE: Exactly what you said.
May 16th 2017
           I'm concerned that it took him so long to come back from injury
May 16th 2017
                I never liked Mahinmi.
May 18th 2017
                     I think there's some truth to this