Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2562752

Subject: "Boogie Gettin' His Melo On (Swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Thu Sep-01-16 09:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Boogie Gettin' His Melo On (Swipe)"

1. Props to Cousins for doing this. It's a damn shame that more of the media isn't covering this. As much shit as he gets (some self-inflicted), his agent should work like hell to get him out of Sac-Town.

2. Does this after the Olympics...wondering who influenced him

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/08/31/demarcus-cousins-kings-mobile-alabama-police-panel-discussion

DeMarcus Cousins sponsors panel discussion with police in Mobile

SI Wire
SI WIRE
Thursday September 1st, 2016
DeMarcus Cousins is sponsoring a panel discussion with police and community members in his hometown of Mobile, Ala.

The Kings center and recent Olympic gold medalist will return home Sept. 3 with an eye toward the community, helping hold a discussion labeled “Break the Silence, Build the Trust.”

The discussion is free to attend will involve members of the Mobile police department and other community figures, to “center on strengthening relations” between law enforcement and locals.

Carmelo Anthony, Cousins’s teammate, made the most of his Team USA platform this summer, speaking up for social justice and helping to organize a panel discussion in Los Angeles while the American team trained for the Olympics there. Cousins is following suit.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/break-the-silence-build-the-trust-a-conversation-on-police-and-community-relationships-tickets-27393664187

Abdul Jabbar, Muggsy Malone you
I don't know what that means but you know what I meant when I told you (c) Sean Price

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Boogie Gettin' His Melo On (Swipe) [View all] , RexLongfellow, Thu Sep-01-16 09:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Boogie been involved in the community. It's not as catchy as...
Sep 01st 2016
Nope! Carmelo gettin' credit!
Sep 01st 2016
Boogie always kinda reminded me of Rasheed Wallace in a sense...
Sep 02nd 2016
      Same here. Both are pretty emotional, thoughtful, & intelligent..
Sep 02nd 2016
      i hadd no idea, only see one side presented
Sep 02nd 2016
           John is that way too, that's why he's always talking about...
Sep 02nd 2016
                makes sense...he need to get over that tho. its all about timing.
Sep 02nd 2016
                     They both need to get over it. It's only a hinderance.
Sep 02nd 2016
                          Carmelo getting CREDIT for Boogie caring. Sorry.
Sep 02nd 2016
                          You're doing your part to ensure this thread
Sep 02nd 2016
                               Yeah, I did kinda derail this. My bad guys.
Sep 02nd 2016
                          i feel like it's a bigger issue for Wall, as a point guard he's expected...
Sep 02nd 2016
                               See, I think it affects Boogie on the court more than Wall.
Sep 02nd 2016
                                    Bullshit.
Sep 03rd 2016
      Dude is more like pre-reformed Z-Bo
Sep 03rd 2016

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2562752 Previous topic | Next topic