Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2350468

Subject: "Little League Hates the Kids....well, the African ones anyway." Previous topic | Next topic
Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Mon Jul-14-14 12:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Little League Hates the Kids....well, the African ones anyway."

Do you guys remember about 2 years ago when the Ugandan Little League team made its debut as the first African team in the LLWS?

Well it was feel good story that I'd been following for some time because a year prior to that they made the tournament but were denied visas. There was even a documentary about some Canadians coming over to play against the team as a gesture of goodwill.

Well, the rest of the sports world forgot about them, but I kept up with their story via the website run by a guy who runs a bunch of schools in Uganda (he also owns the Trenton Thunder minor league team).

http://ugandalittleleaguebaseball.org/

For the past two years they've been denied visas to play in the African & Middle Eastern regional tournament which is held in....POLAND.

The excuses they seem to give are bullshit, and as someone who actually wants to see baseball grow into a global sport, I'm kind of pissed that this shit is not even sniffing any type of attention. Little League patted themselves on the back and then moved the fuck on.

The website is basically just a log of goings on at the school and with the Ugandan Little League. Check it out.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Little League Hates the Kids....well, the African ones anyway. [View all] , Lardlad95, Mon Jul-14-14 12:00 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Thank you for this. I'm definitely checking out...now, in fact
Jul 14th 2014
Correction....
Jul 14th 2014
Thanks!
Jul 14th 2014
Why is this? I mean it's not fear of being embarrassed by them right?
Jul 14th 2014
Yeah, I can't think of a good reason. The one time they made it they got
Jul 15th 2014

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2350468 Previous topic | Next topic