Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #749556

Subject: "How'd we miss Support The Girls starring Regina Hall (Bujalski 2018)?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49427 posts
Mon Dec-04-23 06:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How'd we miss Support The Girls starring Regina Hall (Bujalski 2018)?"

A random mention on twitter of best movies streaming led me to this gem of a low key comedy following Regina Hall as she tries to hold it together as a manager of a hooters like restaurant.

Great performance by Regina Hall (maybe this is the film white critics started taking her seriously?) and a cast of real feeling women.

Felt like a Mike Judge film. I was a mumblecore fan but I don't think I've seen anything by the director Bujalski.

It probably goes about 20 minutes too long but really well made quality film that took its hooter waitress like characters really seriously and with heart.

I really don't know how I missed this movie, though 2018 feels like a whole other lifetime. Folks should check it out while it's on Prime.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How'd we miss Support The Girls starring Regina Hall (Bujalski 2018)? [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Dec-04-23 06:53 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Agreed, this was really good
Dec 04th 2023
Loved this. Surprised I didn't make a post.
Dec 04th 2023
Such an underrated movie. Wish it got more shine.
Dec 09th 2023

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #749556 Previous topic | Next topic