Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectHow'd we miss Support The Girls starring Regina Hall (Bujalski 2018)?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=749556&mesg_id=749556
749556, How'd we miss Support The Girls starring Regina Hall (Bujalski 2018)?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Dec-04-23 06:53 AM
A random mention on twitter of best movies streaming led me to this gem of a low key comedy following Regina Hall as she tries to hold it together as a manager of a hooters like restaurant.

Great performance by Regina Hall (maybe this is the film white critics started taking her seriously?) and a cast of real feeling women.

Felt like a Mike Judge film. I was a mumblecore fan but I don't think I've seen anything by the director Bujalski.

It probably goes about 20 minutes too long but really well made quality film that took its hooter waitress like characters really seriously and with heart.

I really don't know how I missed this movie, though 2018 feels like a whole other lifetime. Folks should check it out while it's on Prime.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"