1. Harry Potter 5: I like the actors and how the previous 4 stories have been adapted, plus I want to see how they handle...
2. The Bourne Ultimatum: Loved the first two movies. The makers of Casino Royale owe these guys royalties, imo.
3. Ocean's 13: Yes, I liked 12, so no, Frank, "we all" don't agree. I'm paying to see Clooney and company hang out and have a good time. No apologies for that.
4. Knocked Up: The name Apatow. Learn it, love it.
5. Superbad: See #4.
6. Live Free or Die Hard: Bruce Willis as John McClane in the summer just feels right. Though I am a little wary about the time gap between With A Vengeance and this one. Not to mention the presence of Justin Long.
7. Pirates 3: If only to "see how it all ends."
8. Ratatouille: Pixar. Summer. The End.
9. Transformers: I'm a masochist, I want to see just how bad Michael Bay can scar my childhood consumer memories. Early word on the street is that it's bad. Could be just haters talking, though.
10. Sicko: I don't need to have a cup of coffee with the guy to appreciate and dig his movies. At the very worst, it'll spark a surface-level national dialogue on health care.
11. The Simpsons Movie: I'm interested to see what story 11 writers (or was it 14?) cooked up.
12. 28 Weeks Later: Dug the first flick, taking my time to see the second. But reviews have been solid, so we'll get to it.
13. Shrek the Third: I feel obligated to see it, and that's not really a good thing. But I've already got my ticket for tomorrow.
14. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry: Eh. Might go if word-of-mouth or reviews are good. Seems like a limited premise. But at least it's original.
15. Rush Hour 3: I'm more excited by the rumored Friday 4 with Chris Tucker than by this.
16. Evan Almighty: Yay, great, it's got Steve Carell, but the premise just isn't interesting enough to me. I'm a little wary of the fact that they took a secondary character from the first movie and gave him a full story for the "sequel." Sort of like they did Jerry Reed for Smokey and the Bandit 3.
17. Hairspray: I didn't see the original film, so I don't know how interested I'm going to be in this. "Come see John Travolta in drag! And a fatsuit!" just isn't a selling point for me. Unless word-of-mouth/reviews are spectacular, I'll wait for the DVD.
Unranked, Because They Will Not Be Seen --------------------------------------- Fantastic Four 2: Didn't see the first one, so I don't care about this one. Even with Alba and an "awesome" trailer that jacked the "let's just show 'em a scene from the movie" steez from The Devil Wears Prada.
Hostel 2: More S & M Horror? No thanks.
Unranked, Because They've Already Been Seen ------------------------------------------- Spiderman 3 ______________________________________________________________________ Ay, yo Pete There's a girl on the phone...