Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #744847

Subject: "Disappointing by Pixar standards" Previous topic | Next topic
pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12517 posts
Mon Jun-20-22 12:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Disappointing by Pixar standards"
In response to In response to 0

It was fine, but the premise (explained in a title card at the beginning) is a bit weird. I thought this was gonna be about a real astronaut that exists in the Toy Story universe and inspired the toy, but it’s about a fake astronaut that exists in a movie in the Toy Story universe, and we are watching that movie. So I kept thinking… does this movie actually exist in our universe???

I did like the look of it, although Buzz looks weird as a “real” person. Saw it in IMAX, so the space sequences looked awesome. My main critique is that the plot moves too fast to care about the supporting characters. Once Buzz assembles his team, you’ll be able to guess exactly where the plot is going. Plus they REALLY hammer home what each character’s obstacle is, to the point where I felt nothing once they did overcome their obstacles.

Probably being too harsh on this. The journey is fun enough, it just doesn’t compare to any movie in the Toy Story franchise.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lightyear (Agnus MacLane, 2022) [View all] , bwood, Wed Jun-08-22 10:57 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
the premise makes no sense
Jun 20th 2022
      The premise isn’t that complicated…it’s fiction within fiction.
Jun 28th 2022
who the eff was asking for a buzz lightyear movie?
Jun 20th 2022
This plays so much better on a second viewing.
Jun 21st 2022
felt like infinity and was beyond boring
Jun 28th 2022
uhh i enjoyed this
Jun 29th 2022

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #744847 Previous topic | Next topic