Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #733689

Subject: "forgot the reason I was itching to get back here was to shit on this" Previous topic | Next topic
pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12503 posts
Mon Aug-05-19 06:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "forgot the reason I was itching to get back here was to shit on this"
In response to In response to 0

believe me, I take no pride in saying this sucked. Huge fan of the original series and a big fan of peele's too. Even when I saw the tepid response and heard through the grapevine about some behind-the-scenes disagreements I tried to give it a fair shot. I really WANTED to enjoy this... but man, this was bad. Head-scratchingly bad.

One thing the original series knew was that the show fit the half hour format perfectly. They expanded to an hour for the 4th season and realized that was a mistake before the 5th. For some odd reason two of the reboots of this show have had to relearn that lesson. Some of the eps had good concepts but meandered too much. Tighten these stories and they would've been better, but that wasn't the only issue.

Most episodes felt like they were >THIS< close to pulling it all together, and then the ending/narrator's summary just left me more confused. The "Not All Men" ep in particular felt like it really missed the mark on it's message, and the racist cop ep wasn't much better.

On a positive note: I liked the plane crash ep, but the ending was kinda weak. The last episode I thought was really clever until the big reveal of the Blurryman. I started laughing. CGI Rod Serling is one of the most bizarre things I've ever watched. Holy fuck!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

The Twilight Zone (CBS All Access, 2019) [View all] , j0510, Thu Feb-21-19 03:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Cant wait
Feb 22nd 2019
After ‘Us,’ Jordan Peele Crosses Over to ‘The Twilight Zone’ - N...
Mar 27th 2019
How Black Mirror influenced the new Twilight Zone - EW swipe
Mar 29th 2019
First episode was mediocre...
Apr 02nd 2019
so was ep 2.....
Apr 02nd 2019
it was okay
Apr 05th 2019
well shot, well acted, just not enough there for an hour
Apr 08th 2019
I'd been feeling guilty for not catching it yet
Aug 14th 2019
this was underwhelming
Aug 27th 2019
Season 2 - still uneven but an improvement
Jul 06th 2020
Yeah, I thought season 2 was better than season 1.
Jul 10th 2020

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #733689 Previous topic | Next topic