Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectforgot the reason I was itching to get back here was to shit on this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=733689&mesg_id=735423
735423, forgot the reason I was itching to get back here was to shit on this
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Aug-05-19 06:16 PM
believe me, I take no pride in saying this sucked. Huge fan of the original series and a big fan of peele's too. Even when I saw the tepid response and heard through the grapevine about some behind-the-scenes disagreements I tried to give it a fair shot. I really WANTED to enjoy this... but man, this was bad. Head-scratchingly bad.

One thing the original series knew was that the show fit the half hour format perfectly. They expanded to an hour for the 4th season and realized that was a mistake before the 5th. For some odd reason two of the reboots of this show have had to relearn that lesson. Some of the eps had good concepts but meandered too much. Tighten these stories and they would've been better, but that wasn't the only issue.

Most episodes felt like they were >THIS< close to pulling it all together, and then the ending/narrator's summary just left me more confused. The "Not All Men" ep in particular felt like it really missed the mark on it's message, and the racist cop ep wasn't much better.

On a positive note: I liked the plane crash ep, but the ending was kinda weak. The last episode I thought was really clever until the big reveal of the Blurryman. I started laughing. CGI Rod Serling is one of the most bizarre things I've ever watched. Holy fuck!