Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #699506

Subject: "why doesn't jamal recognize barry's voice?" Previous topic | Next topic
theprofessional
Charter member
8761 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 01:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "why doesn't jamal recognize barry's voice?"
In response to In response to 0

between this show and the strain, FX is really killing the hate-watch game this year.

i'm saying. the leader of the rebel alliance has an american accent. no amount of covering the phone with a handkerchief is gonna hide that, guys. not to mention that it's his own brother. really, i mean, barry is supposed to have grown up in abuddin. they should have hired a lead actor who can do an accent. any accent. they didn't do that, so now we get this ridiculousness. there's so many shaky accents on this show as it is, whatever rayner would have attempted couldn't have been much worse.

the only way to save this show at this point is to make it about leila. let her take over like cookie and empire. she carries every scene she's in, time to bump her up to the top of the call sheet. otherwise, the show isn't really working. they made sammy gay 'cause it was the trendy thing to do, and now they have no idea what to do with that. they've completely written the daughter out of the show. molly is having the world's most boring affair. the family drama is falling completely flat. and the political drama isn't much working either.

i'm glad this show got a second season, even though it mostly stumbled through the first. but after an equally clumsy second season, i really can't make an argument for this continuing.

"i smack clowns with nouns, punch herbs with verbs..."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tyrant Season 2 [View all] , double negative, Wed Jun-17-15 12:16 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
anyone still watching? i think i might tap out
Jul 09th 2015
i guit at the end of last season, but came in here to see if it got alot...
Jul 10th 2015
i watched ep one so far
Jul 10th 2015
didn't see the last ep I got the sense that he kind of knew it was him
Aug 14th 2015

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #699506 Previous topic | Next topic