Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #699506

Subject: "Tyrant Season 2" Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jun-17-15 12:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tyrant Season 2"

it's back!

lets see how this goes

for some reason i think this should could really gain some traction but some reason its not

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
anyone still watching? i think i might tap out
Jul 09th 2015
i guit at the end of last season, but came in here to see if it got alot...
Jul 10th 2015
i watched ep one so far
Jul 10th 2015
why doesn't jamal recognize barry's voice?
Aug 14th 2015
didn't see the last ep I got the sense that he kind of knew it was him
Aug 14th 2015

Mynoriti
Charter member
38833 posts
Thu Jul-09-15 05:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "anyone still watching? i think i might tap out"
In response to Reply # 0

this show should be interesting but it's just not. i don't really care about anything or anybody in it. they keep introducing new characters. each one more whocares than the next.

can we at least kill off one of the sons? either jamal's fat son, or molly's annoying son?

hey, lawyer guy. we get it. you're a widower. stop making the "i'm a sad widower" face already.

i think i'm only watching because the dvr is still recording it

some of the woman on this show are freaking gorgeous tho.

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 12:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "i guit at the end of last season, but came in here to see if it got alot..."
In response to Reply # 1

.....they're all SO annoying...it's hard to root for anyone..... and while that's cool on a show like SOA where i grew to really dislike most of the cast, i started off not liking any of these folks..

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 12:17 PM

2. "i watched ep one so far"
In response to Reply # 0

dug it hard. Looking forward to peeping the next two. I like the show and not done with it yet.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

theprofessional
Charter member
8761 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 01:14 AM

4. "why doesn't jamal recognize barry's voice?"
In response to Reply # 0

between this show and the strain, FX is really killing the hate-watch game this year.

i'm saying. the leader of the rebel alliance has an american accent. no amount of covering the phone with a handkerchief is gonna hide that, guys. not to mention that it's his own brother. really, i mean, barry is supposed to have grown up in abuddin. they should have hired a lead actor who can do an accent. any accent. they didn't do that, so now we get this ridiculousness. there's so many shaky accents on this show as it is, whatever rayner would have attempted couldn't have been much worse.

the only way to save this show at this point is to make it about leila. let her take over like cookie and empire. she carries every scene she's in, time to bump her up to the top of the call sheet. otherwise, the show isn't really working. they made sammy gay 'cause it was the trendy thing to do, and now they have no idea what to do with that. they've completely written the daughter out of the show. molly is having the world's most boring affair. the family drama is falling completely flat. and the political drama isn't much working either.

i'm glad this show got a second season, even though it mostly stumbled through the first. but after an equally clumsy second season, i really can't make an argument for this continuing.

"i smack clowns with nouns, punch herbs with verbs..."

Mynoriti
Charter member
38833 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 01:25 PM

5. "didn't see the last ep I got the sense that he kind of knew it was him"
In response to Reply # 4

maybe that changes in this one. mind you, i'm only halfway paying attention. but my dvr is still recording so i play them in the background.

you've pretty much nailed it though. they removed the daughter who wasn't great but she was at least halfway likeable, for the annoying pointy faced son whose gayness may just be there so the audience will think twice about hating his guts.

that affair is the worst thing ever. dude with his fucking permanent widower expression. we get it. go the fuck away, man.

i'd be pretty shocked if this got another season

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #699506 Previous topic | Next topic