Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3043530

Subject: "I feel like I need more context" Previous topic | Next topic
mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16418 posts
Fri Aug-04-23 12:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "I feel like I need more context"
In response to In response to 0

I'm probably over complicating it.

When I see a new album listed I don't decide to listen to it or not based on wether it is independent or not (at least not consciously).

I love the idea of an artist being independent because of the control they have and because I figure they actually see a good percentage of whatever money I send their way. Do I go and check to find out if one is independent or not, nope. Many of them let you know they are though.

I don't know if I was ever to worried about what label someone was signed to past middle school. Obviously most artist I have heard of have had major label backing but I don't know if I've ever decided to listen to an album mostly because of who they were signed to.

I do need their music to be on streaming or at least bandcamp to check them out. I'm not really into checking out amateur music anymore. I know there are diamonds in the rough there but it's too much effort. I'd rather be a bit late than have to listen through a lot of music I don't like.

So if you're independent, professional and got the polish to your work I guess that would be ideal.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What is your preference? [View all] , Knowledge_of_Self, Tue Aug-01-23 06:55 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
In the streaming era I rarely know what label the album is on
Aug 01st 2023
yeah same here
Aug 01st 2023
You can still find out if it’s independent or not.
Aug 04th 2023
in the olden days lol
Aug 01st 2023
Definitely a majority of major label releases growing up.
Aug 02nd 2023
It’s not a reach…
Aug 04th 2023

Lobby The Lesson topic #3043530 Previous topic | Next topic