Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3042788

Subject: "Name that artist you never understood why they didn't blow up. " Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Thu May-11-23 08:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Name that artist you never understood why they didn't blow up. "

I am listening to this new IDK album and its really next level production and songwriting. If Kanye dropped this album in like 2010 it would be a highlight of his run. He's got tracks that would kill on the radio. But I am an IDK fan and didn't even know the album dropped.

The biggest thing I think which may be holding him back is he sounds, raps and jokes ALOT like Old Kanye. Which I guess is a pretty big problem.

Anyway, the fragmentation of music is a big explanation why a lot of acts don't blow anymore but back in the day I thought Teedra Moses was going to be huge. She had jams for day. Don't understand how she didn't end up larger (other than she wa a weee bit older than the average R&B singer at her height)

Who else you got?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lobby The Lesson topic #3042788 Previous topic | Next topic