Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3029854

Subject: "no, but I'm definitely more cognizant of what I play" Previous topic | Next topic
will_5198
Charter member
63113 posts
Sun Jan-24-21 10:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "no, but I'm definitely more cognizant of what I play"
In response to In response to 0

I have a teenage daughter and I'm not going to listen to The Chronic in the car with her -- the vulgarity and misogyny are cringe-worthy. although if she wants to play WAP or something, it doesn't bug me because she's a teenager and that's what's popular.

in that regard I let her pick whatever she wants to listen to in the car (she is on the standard Ariana/Megan/Lil Baby/SZA hitlist). most of it is decently listenable even if I've out-aged it.

unlike my parents, who didn't understand rap at all and mostly railed against it, I can talk to her about some common ground and never judge the content. she was playing Shots Fired by Megan Thee Stallion the other day (most new music I hear from her) and I asked if she knew what beat that was. and she really had no idea about Tupac and Biggie. which made me feel even older.

--------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How have your kids changed your tastes/opinions on music? [View all] , obsidianchrysalis, Sat Jan-23-21 01:07 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: How have your kids changed your tastes/opinions on music?
Jan 23rd 2021
Jan 23rd 2021
my 19 y/o son has put me up on a few songs from the young cats
Jan 24th 2021
Cool.
Jan 24th 2021
Wait...you rock WAP in the car with your 12 year old daughter?
Jan 29th 2021
      If it comes up on her playlist I dont turn it into
Jan 30th 2021
           *shrug*
Jan 30th 2021
                shrug back.
Jan 30th 2021
I started listening to more pop music when she was younger.
Jan 29th 2021
Jan 29th 2021

Lobby The Lesson topic #3029854 Previous topic | Next topic