Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3028864

Subject: "The answer is "Ain't No Fun," but I'm partial to "Let's Play House," too..." Previous topic | Next topic
Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24601 posts
Wed Dec-09-20 11:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "The answer is "Ain't No Fun," but I'm partial to "Let's Play House," too..."
In response to In response to 0
Wed Dec-09-20 11:18 AM by Brew

That joint *fucks*.

Someone on Twitter recently pointed out that Daz had like 6 different hooks going on simultaneously during the chorus yet somehow it didn't sound too crowded.

And in general, that was my favorite part of the Death Row era's brand of g-funk: the music (and sound effects/voice samples, etc.) was suuuuuper busy and layered, with tons of different sounds happening at once, but it never sounded *too* overcrowded at all. It was perfectly intricate.

Which was also what disappointed me (at first) when the Chronic 2001-era sound started to leak. Ultimately I came to love it but at first I was turned off by that sparse, simplistic production style. Because the reason I listened to Dre and had gotten into him in the first place was because his beats were *so* busy and so funky. At first I felt like the 2001 stuff was lacking and had too much empty space.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Best Death Row Joint Dedicated to the Ladies? [View all] , Anonymous, Wed Dec-09-20 10:57 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
let's play house is my shit
Dec 09th 2020
Yes
Dec 09th 2020
dedicated to the ladies....lmao absolutely the fuck not
Dec 09th 2020
Haha that struck me as odd, too.
Dec 09th 2020
      i was quite curious what songs would be listed
Dec 09th 2020
      Damn...
Dec 09th 2020
           Maybe you needed to put quotes around 'for the ladies'?
Dec 09th 2020
                But we all know they don’t...LOL
Dec 09th 2020

Lobby The Lesson topic #3028864 Previous topic | Next topic