Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2756887

Subject: "RE: I'm Still Waitin' On The Kev Brown & Grap Luva Collabo Album" Previous topic | Next topic
judono
Member since Nov 11th 2004
4417 posts
Mon Nov-19-12 09:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "RE: I'm Still Waitin' On The Kev Brown & Grap Luva Collabo Album"
In response to In response to 11

if i was giving creative recommendations.. i mean shit.. just bust one raw verse on 3 of the beats and maybe 2 verses on the other 2 beats. get creative. mix shit up. throw that bitch out there for promo . i'm sure kev got a gang of a gang of pretty dope mfkn beats right there in the stash, sitting around. movement. motion. fuck 'what folks thought an album was sposed to be' or sound like. if the song is only 90 seconds long, and the beat is cold as shit, and the verse was raw, OK -- there goes the first song. shit aint gotta be laborious. shit can be light and tight and it ain't gotta be a big ass ordeal. kev ain't getting any extra cheddar with them fuckn beats just sittin in the stash.. and phonte , i don't want to speak for him, maybe he could fall thru and say what up or whatever, but i feel like any artist, writer, or mc, enjoys doing what they do.

i say just do it. fuck the money. fuck the bullshit. kev-- be like, yo here goes 15 knockn joints. do something with your 5 favorites... write a verse... a raw freestyle. sing . fuck with 5 of em, and lets drop this shit in 2 weeks real quick.. see if we can make some noise real quick. fuck all the other shit and just do a quick artistic painting real quick. here--- what ya'll think of this painting? oh ya'll felt that? cool... i know kev got some shit in there, sitting there complacent. i do , and i know a ton of mfkrs do too...

that'd be my creative assist for the evening. inspire(d)

grap luva and kev could do the same thing. this ain't 2002 no more. fuck the label, fuck the money (for now), just get shit bumping real quick. something might catch on, and you never know what might catch on. but at least brothers are building and expressing.

all this stagnant-cy. is all that is. stagnant. aint nothin moving.

an 'album' ain't got to be what we used to think an 'album' is or was. it's a project, its some art, its expression. its love.

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

i could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Kev Brown w/ Phonte bustin [View all] , judono, Sun Nov-18-12 05:06 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: i could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Oddissee w/ Phonte bustin
Nov 18th 2012
gotta let them 2005 dreams go, bud.
Nov 18th 2012
RE: gotta let them 2005 dreams go, bud.
Nov 18th 2012
      they don't record together anymore.
Nov 19th 2012
Kev Brown over niggas that excel at rapping is a W to me
Nov 19th 2012
The way Kev puts it.....
Nov 19th 2012
      kev should drop 7 instrumentals right here on okp/the lesson
Nov 19th 2012
Haven't fucked with Phonte quite the same since his solo
Nov 19th 2012
He aint released nothing since the solo tho
Nov 19th 2012
That solo wasn't hitting though.
Nov 19th 2012
RE: That solo wasn't hitting though.
Nov 21st 2012
He states clearly in the first fuggin song
Nov 20th 2012
not jaded...just older and much more pragmatic...n/m
Nov 22nd 2012
I'm Still Waitin' On The Kev Brown & Grap Luva Collabo Album
Nov 19th 2012
the Kev/Foxxxx album has been done for like 5 years
Nov 19th 2012
I Never Knew They Actually Recorded That Album
Nov 20th 2012
RE: i could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Kev Brown w/ Phonte bustin
Nov 21st 2012
I just want Nas and Primo album, is that too much to ask for?
Nov 21st 2012
It Is, If I Can't Get My "Nas, Akinyele, & Large Professor" Album
Nov 21st 2012
Being that Nas has been a corporation for quite sometime now...
Nov 23rd 2012
Man if Phonte had them LMNO beats?!?
Nov 23rd 2012

Lobby The Lesson topic #2756887 Previous topic | Next topic