Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Kev Brown w/ Phonte bustin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2756887
2756887, i could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Kev Brown w/ Phonte bustin
Posted by judono, Sun Nov-18-12 05:06 PM
intro)
outro)

phonte produced by kev brown.
feat. big pooh on a few

every song aint gotta be 3 mins long.

a 2 min cut if its knockin is still knockin

2756888, RE: i could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Oddissee w/ Phonte bustin
Posted by guru0509, Sun Nov-18-12 05:15 PM
But Kev Brown is that dude, and your idea sounds dope too.
2756892, gotta let them 2005 dreams go, bud.
Posted by KennyFresh, Sun Nov-18-12 05:38 PM

http://FRESHselects.net - because if we amplify everything, we hear nothing.
http://twitter.com/FRESHselects
http://facebook.com/FRSHSLCTS
2756893, RE: gotta let them 2005 dreams go, bud.
Posted by judono, Sun Nov-18-12 05:43 PM
i never messed with little brother like that tho bro..
2756960, they don't record together anymore.
Posted by MISTA MONOTONE, Mon Nov-19-12 03:24 AM
>i never messed with little brother like that tho bro..
2756967, Kev Brown over niggas that excel at rapping is a W to me
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Mon Nov-19-12 05:23 AM
I mean his crew are pretty good but I need to hear Kev rock with OFFICIAL artists on the lyricism angle
2756981, The way Kev puts it.....
Posted by The3rdOne, Mon Nov-19-12 08:17 AM
he tired of dealing with mothafuckas who don't respect his craft enough to believe he should be making a living off of it if they are super rappers or not
2757215, kev should drop 7 instrumentals right here on okp/the lesson
Posted by judono, Mon Nov-19-12 07:46 PM
And see who is sounding like what with them. He might be surprised
2757114, Haven't fucked with Phonte quite the same since his solo
Posted by spew120, Mon Nov-19-12 02:21 PM
One of the most dynamic voices in hip-hop during the Little Brother era. One of the few that could use humor to explore some serious topics. He just Seems beyond jaded now.
2757129, He aint released nothing since the solo tho
Posted by Menphyel7, Mon Nov-19-12 03:22 PM
How did that album seem jaded.
2757136, That solo wasn't hitting though.
Posted by cidolfas, Mon Nov-19-12 03:48 PM
At least the rap joints.
2757887, RE: That solo wasn't hitting though.
Posted by spidey, Wed Nov-21-12 05:44 PM
...madness...ish was BANGIN, front to back...Hot lyrics, dope beats...what more do you niggas want???
2757375, He states clearly in the first fuggin song
Posted by spew120, Tue Nov-20-12 10:00 AM
He doesn't do this because he likes it, he does it because he needs to pay his bills. Nothing wrong with getting paid. But if he doesn't dig making the music, why should I waste my time? Tons of great rappers out right now that are showing way more passion for it.
2757990, not jaded...just older and much more pragmatic...n/m
Posted by taygravy, Thu Nov-22-12 07:55 AM
>He just Seems beyond jaded now.
2757224, I'm Still Waitin' On The Kev Brown & Grap Luva Collabo Album
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Mon Nov-19-12 08:44 PM
I know both of them have said that they aren't a duo or had any plans on recording/releasing an album but I love the joints that they have done together: "What Ruling Means", "Power Bars", "Keep On", "Can't Stay Away", "Stuggla's Theme", "Collector's Item", & "Neva Done".

Even though Kev & Phonte has done songs together I doubt that Phonte wants to do another rap album, it took him years to put out "Charity Starts At Home", unless it's an album where he's going to sing like the Foreign Exchange albums then it's probably going to be a no go...for now.

It's a lot of emcees & rappers Kev Brown could get that would make his music stand out but it's up to them to get a hold of his beats and choose them; to me Kev is on similar level like J-Dilla was when it came to the artists that he ended up working with verses who should've been rapping over his beats.

2757230, RE: I'm Still Waitin' On The Kev Brown & Grap Luva Collabo Album
Posted by judono, Mon Nov-19-12 09:05 PM
if i was giving creative recommendations.. i mean shit.. just bust one raw verse on 3 of the beats and maybe 2 verses on the other 2 beats. get creative. mix shit up. throw that bitch out there for promo . i'm sure kev got a gang of a gang of pretty dope mfkn beats right there in the stash, sitting around. movement. motion. fuck 'what folks thought an album was sposed to be' or sound like. if the song is only 90 seconds long, and the beat is cold as shit, and the verse was raw, OK -- there goes the first song. shit aint gotta be laborious. shit can be light and tight and it ain't gotta be a big ass ordeal. kev ain't getting any extra cheddar with them fuckn beats just sittin in the stash.. and phonte , i don't want to speak for him, maybe he could fall thru and say what up or whatever, but i feel like any artist, writer, or mc, enjoys doing what they do.

i say just do it. fuck the money. fuck the bullshit. kev-- be like, yo here goes 15 knockn joints. do something with your 5 favorites... write a verse... a raw freestyle. sing . fuck with 5 of em, and lets drop this shit in 2 weeks real quick.. see if we can make some noise real quick. fuck all the other shit and just do a quick artistic painting real quick. here--- what ya'll think of this painting? oh ya'll felt that? cool... i know kev got some shit in there, sitting there complacent. i do , and i know a ton of mfkrs do too...

that'd be my creative assist for the evening. inspire(d)

grap luva and kev could do the same thing. this ain't 2002 no more. fuck the label, fuck the money (for now), just get shit bumping real quick. something might catch on, and you never know what might catch on. but at least brothers are building and expressing.

all this stagnant-cy. is all that is. stagnant. aint nothin moving.

an 'album' ain't got to be what we used to think an 'album' is or was. it's a project, its some art, its expression. its love.

2757235, the Kev/Foxxxx album has been done for like 5 years
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Mon Nov-19-12 09:18 PM
but Bump won't put it out for some reason, Kev himself gave up on it
2757371, I Never Knew They Actually Recorded That Album
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Nov-20-12 09:52 AM
For years I've been hearing from both Kev & Freddie that they wanted to work on their collaboration album but didn't know it was already recorded, finished, and sitting on the shelf to be released.

So instead of releasing that album with Kev, Freddie does an album with Premier, and releases the mixtape album he did with Statik Selectah...go figure, smh.

2757858, RE: i could mess with a 5 song EP produced by Kev Brown w/ Phonte bustin
Posted by Rift_valley, Wed Nov-21-12 02:55 PM
I was listening to this song when I saw this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIq2Ns_eQg&feature=colike
2757901, I just want Nas and Primo album, is that too much to ask for?
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Wed Nov-21-12 06:28 PM
This comes out and I think we could be fine with Nas and Primo retiring. Dont care if they release anymore music after that.
2757904, It Is, If I Can't Get My "Nas, Akinyele, & Large Professor" Album
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Wed Nov-21-12 07:12 PM
Yeah I'm serious, that would be a great combination/collaboration effort if they really put some thought into it, all three of them don't even have to rhyme on every song, some could just have two kats rhyming, and a few can be solos, while Large Professor does all the production.

Sounds like a win win situation to me, all they got to title it is "Chillin' At The Barbeque".

2758092, Being that Nas has been a corporation for quite sometime now...
Posted by SP1200, Fri Nov-23-12 07:48 AM
guarantees that shit will NEVER happen.
2758093, Man if Phonte had them LMNO beats?!?
Posted by Geah, Fri Nov-23-12 07:52 AM
Man listen..