Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13359345

Subject: "okayplayeriest fragrances: " Previous topic | Next topic
poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Dec-17-19 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "okayplayeriest fragrances: "
In response to In response to 1

i blend and mix all the fragrances, btw. my wife will tell me, generally, what she wants (we need 5 seasonals, and i want something like xyz), and then we'll look for different oils, get samples, i'll mix 'em on paper, and if something has promise we'll pour it and test it. between all the kids and their s/o's, we get a lot of feedback.

it's fun when we sell at events (craft and artisan shows, etc), to check out how different people react to the different scents.

playery:

Earthy (sandalwood is the base note. oak moss and a hint of amber round it out).

Teakwood and Linen (pretty self-explanatory blend of clean, fresh linen scent and teakwood). Earthy and Teakwood and Linen tend to be the go to scents for Black customers. which is hilarious, b/c that's my palate.

Opulence is new. this one is dope. we actually put it together as a proposed custom fragrance for an apartment complex in North Hills, Raleigh. it's a blend of fresh bamboo, exotic woods, and coconut. (the coconut is not obvious, though). very upscale. (the apartments went with Carolina, instead, to put into their new lease welcome packages). Carolina is good and unique, too, but just tends to be a bit more polarizing.

Dragon's Blood - top note is patchouli, with notes of wood and citrus. exotic. very polarizing, though. patchouli is one of those fragrances that people either run to or run from. it's always fun to watch ppls reactions. i've had two separate ladies tell me, deadass, "it smells like Asheville". (that's the hippie part of NC out in the western mountains).

Driftwood - base note is cedar with a very light vanilla on top. it doesn't conflict with anything. nice, low key background ambient scent.

Mandles: (our man candles -- women like these too, it's just that if there was a color wheel, this would be opposite anything floral)

Tuxedo and Whiskey - very spot on whiskey fragrance with some notes of amber, etc.

Teakwood & Linen (above).

arguably, Earthy and Dragon's Blood can fit into this.

I'll put Carolina here, although it's not necessarily masculine. it's pine, magnolia and a hint of tobacco. we created this a year ago, in the hope of crafting something quintessentially NC (we're both transplants but been here so long that it's home). none of these fragrances play well with others, as they tend to overpower blends, but i kept messing with it. it burns very sweet and mellow. the tobacco (a very small bit, mind you), can be a bit off putting on the cold throw (smell out of the jar), which makes this candle a bit polarizing, but it is a really nice and unique scent. it did well when we were in the food hall as a tourist memento.

Relaxation & Refreshing:

Spa Time - subtle, yet complex blend of blackberries, sage, cucumber and mint. puts you in mind of getting the spa treatment w/ the cucumbers on your eyes. really refreshing.

Peace of Mind - our top seller, perennially. this is the most chill. i have this going in the melter in the afternoons at work when ppl be getting on my nerves and it keeps me from punching ppl. true story.

Sweet Dreams - a Lavender and Fresh Linen combo. puts you in mind of a high end hotel where they spray lavender on the pillows. good for before going to bed at night. or just to unwind after a long day. sweet, clean and light.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OKSmallBusiness / Holiday Shopping Poast - rep your biz here [View all] , poetx, Sat Dec-14-19 12:05 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
QuintesScential Candles
Dec 14th 2019
yes. I love candles...
Dec 16th 2019
yep. we ship. usually it's a flat 7.65. free for any purchase over 40.00...
Dec 17th 2019
      discount code is DEC25.
Dec 17th 2019
or nah. maybe poetx' wood and crickets emporium
Dec 16th 2019
this post was s good effort
Dec 17th 2019
full disclosure, somebody else mentioned something like this a couple
Dec 17th 2019
All-natural, handmade hair pomade
Dec 17th 2019
yo. If I choose free shipping will I get it by Christmas?
Dec 18th 2019
Where are you located again?
Dec 18th 2019
      I’m in Charlotte
Dec 19th 2019
      copped 5 for my nephews and brother.
Dec 19th 2019
           Respect!
Dec 19th 2019
                Word up.
Dec 19th 2019
                     Thanks for the hook up!!!!
Dec 30th 2019
                          No doubt!
Dec 30th 2019
this is dope. love your packaging. and your 'About' page... man.
Dec 18th 2019
      Much appreciated, man!
Dec 18th 2019
           RE: Much appreciated, man!
Dec 20th 2019
                RE: Much appreciated, man!
Dec 29th 2019
Yerp... still got them tees... hoodies and sweatshirts...
Dec 18th 2019
oh, that's right, you been had that. love the color block design on the ...
Dec 18th 2019
      Thanks! Truly appreciate that...
Dec 20th 2019
           that's dope (11 yrs in the game) and much respect and success to you.
Dec 20th 2019
                thanks for those good words and blessings to you.
Dec 21st 2019
I've got a small plant nursery, but I'm only doing local right now
Dec 18th 2019
very cool. you got pictures? what kinda plants?
Dec 18th 2019
Full Disclosure: I'm bias towards FBA businesses
Dec 21st 2019
FBA as in Fulfillment By Amazon?
Dec 21st 2019
      Foundational Black American
Dec 21st 2019

Lobby General Discussion topic #13359345 Previous topic | Next topic