Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13254722

Subject: "AKA's pimped out by grad adviser to pay dues?" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Tue May-01-18 09:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"AKA's pimped out by grad adviser to pay dues?"

Damn - currently being investigated links below

https://www.myajc.com/news/local-education/former-fort-valley-employee-lawyer-says-charges-are-false/iGF1GFQ2tJ8rqyO9NjrIhP/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/01/aka-sorority-chapter-at-small-georgia-college-embroiled-in-sexual-misconduct-investigation

Rolling Out, an Atlanta-based online magazine, reported that the controversy involves allegations that recent members of the sorority were involved in a sex ring to pay for pledging the organization. Citing unnamed sources, the magazine alleged that customers included local businessmen and politicians.

The controversy centers on Alecia Johnson, a Fort Valley State employee and graduate adviser to the campus’s AKA chapter, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. Johnson, an AKA member, resigned her position in the university’s president’s office as news of a criminal investigation broke on campus in April. The scandal has lit a firestorm of speculation on social media and in the tight-knit world of historically black colleges and universities.

On Monday, Nicole Carr of Atlanta’s Channel 2 asked Adrian Patrick, Johnson’s attorney, to address accusations that sorority hopefuls were “pimped out” to get money to join the organization.

“I just think that’s incredulous,” Patrick said. “I mean, I know people want to be in a sorority. I got that part. I just don’t think you’re going to sell your body. Plus, it’s inconsistent with the reputation of Alpha Kappa Alpha.”

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, both the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the University Systems of Georgia have begun investigating reports of sexual misconduct and hazing tied to the school’s AKA chapter. The sorority’s national office is also looking into “unauthorized activities and misconduct involving current and former members,” according to an April 22 letter sent to the Fort Valley chapter. The same letter disqualified the Fort Valley AKA from participating in sorority activities while the investigations continue.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

AKA's pimped out by grad adviser to pay dues? [View all] , Boogiedwn, Tue May-01-18 09:20 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Skeet Wee
May 01st 2018
I see what you did there *thumbs*
May 01st 2018
My brother was "dating" a woman who told him about a sex party
May 01st 2018
Who wants to join an organization THAT bad?
May 01st 2018
THIS is a serious matter
May 01st 2018
LMAO
May 02nd 2018
those connections must be serious as hell
May 01st 2018
bitch better have my money
May 01st 2018
Jeopardy: AKA's prositute's list of Johns for $1000
May 01st 2018
I didn't know yall care about dirty south news like that.
May 01st 2018
      honest question - what purpose does the black greek serve
May 02nd 2018
(Delta's) Y'all know all them AKA's hoes right? LOL
May 01st 2018
dying laughing
May 01st 2018
oh shit the Trans-Racial kid from Atlanta season 1
May 02nd 2018
Saw this a few weeks ago & the story was so odd I think my brain rejecte...
May 02nd 2018
Song for this post.
May 03rd 2018

Lobby General Discussion topic #13254722 Previous topic | Next topic