Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAKA's pimped out by grad adviser to pay dues?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13254722
13254722, AKA's pimped out by grad adviser to pay dues?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue May-01-18 09:20 AM
Damn - currently being investigated links below

https://www.myajc.com/news/local-education/former-fort-valley-employee-lawyer-says-charges-are-false/iGF1GFQ2tJ8rqyO9NjrIhP/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/01/aka-sorority-chapter-at-small-georgia-college-embroiled-in-sexual-misconduct-investigation

Rolling Out, an Atlanta-based online magazine, reported that the controversy involves allegations that recent members of the sorority were involved in a sex ring to pay for pledging the organization. Citing unnamed sources, the magazine alleged that customers included local businessmen and politicians.

The controversy centers on Alecia Johnson, a Fort Valley State employee and graduate adviser to the campus’s AKA chapter, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. Johnson, an AKA member, resigned her position in the university’s president’s office as news of a criminal investigation broke on campus in April. The scandal has lit a firestorm of speculation on social media and in the tight-knit world of historically black colleges and universities.

On Monday, Nicole Carr of Atlanta’s Channel 2 asked Adrian Patrick, Johnson’s attorney, to address accusations that sorority hopefuls were “pimped out” to get money to join the organization.

“I just think that’s incredulous,” Patrick said. “I mean, I know people want to be in a sorority. I got that part. I just don’t think you’re going to sell your body. Plus, it’s inconsistent with the reputation of Alpha Kappa Alpha.”

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, both the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the University Systems of Georgia have begun investigating reports of sexual misconduct and hazing tied to the school’s AKA chapter. The sorority’s national office is also looking into “unauthorized activities and misconduct involving current and former members,” according to an April 22 letter sent to the Fort Valley chapter. The same letter disqualified the Fort Valley AKA from participating in sorority activities while the investigations continue.
13254724, Skeet Wee
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Tue May-01-18 09:27 AM
13254786, I see what you did there *thumbs*
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue May-01-18 11:24 AM
13254732, My brother was "dating" a woman who told him about a sex party
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-01-18 09:45 AM
she was invited to in ATL. Said it was lawyers, doctors, etc.. and she told him she didn't go but that it was on some Black greek frat/sorority steez

He was like "that bish lying.. I know she went, I was just mad she didn't ask if I wanted to go"

13254758, Who wants to join an organization THAT bad?
Posted by Shogun, Tue May-01-18 10:20 AM
I get the other parts of it.I was never one to let people "initiate" me into anything. But I get it. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but based on the amount of friends I have who pledged, it seems mostly unpleasant from the outside looking in. Imagine being out here selling your body to raise money just to go through all that OTHER shit? Naw man.

13254777, THIS is a serious matter
Posted by Selah, Tue May-01-18 10:47 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

paper bag test indeed
13255383, LMAO
Posted by select_from_where, Wed May-02-18 01:23 PM
13254780, those connections must be serious as hell
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-01-18 10:56 AM
cause ain't no way..lol
13254794, bitch better have my money
Posted by The3rdOne, Tue May-01-18 11:40 AM
13255085, Jeopardy: AKA's prositute's list of Johns for $1000
Posted by Duc999, Tue May-01-18 09:36 PM
I'll take "AKA's list of Johns for $1000" Alex.

Alex Trebek: These people are on the AKA's prositute's list of Johns.

Me: Who are the FVSUV president, the Fort Valley Mayor (a female), several local pastors, police officers and school professors?

Alex:That's correct!
13255086, I didn't know yall care about dirty south news like that.
Posted by Duc999, Tue May-01-18 09:50 PM
Yeah I know its salacious news but the Valley is small as hell. I would've posted it while it was still gossip.

Word is the FVSU President knew that the "pimping" was going on. He was having an affair with the grad-advisor so he kept quiet.

Several professors were getting it in. FVSU campus police are under investigation by the GBI for several things including embezzlement. City police may be implicated.

GBI and Peach county are looking at everybody.
13255386, honest question - what purpose does the black greek serve
Posted by select_from_where, Wed May-02-18 01:30 PM
today other than "fuzzy" professional connections and cultural traditions (stepping/strolling)

I use the word fuzzy because a lot of the frat dudes I saw in undergrad ended up in real bad positions, like ONE of the alpha dudes went on to success. A bunch of them went to jail.

I know old heads that still do community service, but in the its current form, it seems eerily similar to a gang.

13255087, (Delta's) Y'all know all them AKA's hoes right? LOL
Posted by Duc999, Tue May-01-18 10:04 PM
So... How many dudes looking at them k's like.. For real? All I had to do to smash was go to the ATM?

Or: You smashed this dude www.fvsu.edu/faculty/bipul-biswas/ but I'm a sub 6'no go?

Hilarious
13255089, dying laughing
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue May-01-18 10:22 PM
13255112, oh shit the Trans-Racial kid from Atlanta season 1
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed May-02-18 07:41 AM
13255505, Saw this a few weeks ago & the story was so odd I think my brain rejected it
Posted by Riot, Wed May-02-18 07:47 PM
Theres like 4 levels of stupid here

Smh at when u google sis name now the first result is "...denies being a pimp"
13255764, Song for this post.
Posted by normal35762, Thu May-03-18 04:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_mE-DwP4g