Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12760511

Subject: "OKCreatives: Ever make a work that made someone upset?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49426 posts
Tue Mar-24-15 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKCreatives: Ever make a work that made someone upset?"

So I have been on a bit of a writing streak lately and as a general matter I think my best material comes from real life inspiration. I take stories that happen to me or friends, add a lot of dramatic flair and hopefully come up with something new and interesting.

It's created tension with my SO when I've written stories about old girlfriends and it actually got me into a lot of trouble once because a friend started beefing with me because he said the story I used for a short film to much resembled his relationship and cause static with him and his ex-girl. We've actually have'nt been the same since.

I've been weary of doing stuff like that since but I just heard a story from a friend that is sooo perfect for a creative work that I feel compelled to use it. I am pretty sure if my friend saw it probably would damage our friendship and might do some harm to his marriage.

I feel like if I were a committed artist I would say f the friendship and create the work.

Anyway, anyone else ever been in a position like this?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OKCreatives: Ever make a work that made someone upset? [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-24-15 09:59 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Hey hey hey hey hey whatchu say...GET DIS MONEY....
Mar 24th 2015
I've gotten *strangers* mad at me.
Mar 24th 2015
do you use their names? WTF?
Mar 24th 2015
I actually did. The thing is the dude was involved with it.
Mar 24th 2015
      change the names, problem solved.
Mar 24th 2015
           It was a film. couldn't do that.
Mar 24th 2015
                what do you mean?
Mar 24th 2015
                     yup.
Mar 24th 2015
                          don't you think that was messy?
Mar 24th 2015
You on that "Best Man" my dude?
Mar 24th 2015
See as a creative, the best man always bothered me.
Mar 24th 2015
wrote a song about my ex
Mar 24th 2015
I drew really sexual images of one of my ex's
Mar 24th 2015
Took similar issue with my ex
Mar 24th 2015
      It was honestly just practice for me.
Mar 24th 2015
my comedic reinterpretation of the bible offended some.
Mar 24th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12760511 Previous topic | Next topic