Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12695599

Subject: "Montana Cop Shoots & Kills His Second Unarmed Man. No Charges" Previous topic | Next topic
thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Sun Jan-11-15 07:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Montana Cop Shoots & Kills His Second Unarmed Man. No Charges"
Thu Feb-12-15 08:31 AM by CyrenYoung

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/montana-officer-grant-morrison-shoots-and-kills-his-second-unarmed-man-no-charges#.VLK8jGtKDsU

Montana Officer, Grant Morrison, Shoots and Kills His Second Unarmed Man. No Charges in Either Case
Morrison has shot two nonviolent, unarmed civilians in a fit of fear. If what he did isn't wrong, we have a problem.
By Shaun King / Daily Kos January 10, 2015

Without a doubt, being a police officer is often a dangerous career path. According to the New York Times, 50 police officers in the United States were shot and killed in 2014 while on duty.

While the number of citizens shot and killed by police in 2014, according to Reason, is 1,029, which is 20 times the number of police officers killed and the highest on record for our nation, any reasonable person will admit that the job of an officer can be dangerous and often thankless.

When an officer pulls over a car for a moving violation, they have no idea if the passengers in that car are going to be school teachers, Girl Scouts, or some dudes making a drug run. With that said, Grant Morrison, a police officer in Montana, clearly has an unacceptable and unreasonable level of fear when he pulls people over.

Two times, in the past two years, Morrison has pulled over unarmed, nonviolent citizens and, in a fit of fear, shot them both—the most recent resulting in a brutal and unnecessary death. Below the fold you will find the videos of those incidents and the nearly unbelievable news stories detailing how he's been cleared of wrongdoing in both shootings.

If what he did isn't wrong, we have a problem.

Tragically, as you will see below, Morrison shoots and kills 38-year-old Richard Ramirez after a rather routine traffic stop. On January 7, according to Yahoo News, Morrison was cleared of any wrongdoing because he "feared Ramirez had a gun." After shooting him three times at close range, Morrison continues to yell commands to Ramirez on what he wants Ramirez to do, as if his body wasn't just destroyed by three bullets. Ramirez dies soon thereafter.

The shooting happens at 1:39, but it's worth watching the entire video for context.

This, though, was not the first time Morrison shot and killed an unarmed, nonviolent person during a traffic stop. In 2013, Morrison shot and killed James Shaw after a routine traffic stop. Shaw, as you will have to carefully hear since the shooting is just out of the sight of the camera, is first hit with a taser then immediately shot and killed by Morrison. Morrison says he shot Shaw because he had a "crazed look on his face."

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Montana Cop Shoots & Kills His Second Unarmed Man. No Charges [View all] , thegodcam, Sun Jan-11-15 07:07 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
what the fuck
Jan 11th 2015
wow
Jan 11th 2015
literally killers walking the streets among us
Jan 11th 2015
RE: literally killers walking the streets among us
Jan 11th 2015
If he was scared about what the guy was doing in the back seat...
Jan 11th 2015
common sense says you stop the car & wait for back up.
Jan 11th 2015
QUESTION
Jan 12th 2015
but hes super cop with a license to kill
Jan 11th 2015
To be fair, that guy kind of fucked himself
Jan 11th 2015
Judge Rules Cleveland Must Rehire Cop Who Helped Fire 137 Rounds
Jan 11th 2015
Of course the shooting was Justified, because a cop did it.
Jan 11th 2015
Why the fuck do they keep hiring such easy to scare cops
Jan 11th 2015
the funniest shit to me is that ...
Jan 11th 2015
Alright. I'm giving this cop a pass. ..
Jan 12th 2015
stop makin' sense...
Jan 12th 2015
so, police may be excused for killing others due to their fear. IYO
Jan 12th 2015
and given the example of being tazed, how much control would a suspect
Jan 12th 2015
      lol, u never seen someone resist tazing?
Jan 12th 2015
      so the options are tazer or murder?
Jan 12th 2015
      if you taze someone wearing a thick ass jacket, not much will happen
Jan 12th 2015
the article TOTALLY misrepresents the first incident, i agree, however ....
Jan 12th 2015
Throw another log on the fire
Jan 12th 2015
i always figured most cops go their entire careers without discharging
Jan 12th 2015
i'm not trying to be an asshole honestly but
Jan 13th 2015
      Let me help you out
Jan 13th 2015
           indeed
Jan 13th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12695599 Previous topic | Next topic