Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12687523

Subject: "OKFit: Need some advice, regarding injury" Previous topic | Next topic
murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Tue Dec-30-14 09:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKFit: Need some advice, regarding injury"

So, im tryna get swoliosis this coming year...starting going to the gym about ten days ago so i wouldnt be the cat who starts on jan 1.

i really dont know what im doing and i cant find j-stews post, but ive been alternating days.....one day doing curls, bench, lat pulldowns, rows, etc (upper body shit)...next day doing shit for legs like calf raises, leg curls, extensions, press, running, etc

now, feel free to tell me how i *should* be breaking up these days, i mean, like, do i really set aside one whole workout just for shoulders?...but that really aint what this post is about.

so, anyway, for most exercises i had been doing 3 sets of 6 and noting the difficulty of completing it, when it got too easy to do, i would move up in weight

then after that ct fletcher post and advice about the number of reps, i upped it today to 4 or 5 sets of ten

by the way, that ct fletcher app is great...try lifting with that fool screaming in your ear, you feel invincible.

but, the subject of this post is the bench press

i started off with 185 and did 3 sets of 6, could never complete the last set though

today i backed down to 135 and intended to do sets of ten....cleared the first set, no real problems but could feel that my right shoulder is weak as shit. that is nothing new really, i been lifting shit at my job for the last 15 years and im sure theres some damaged there from that.

anyway, second set, gt it up one time and i realize that im doing myself more harm than good by continuing, so i quit.

my shoulder feels fine with all other lifts, its just the bench

so, the question is, do i abandon completely, or go down even further in weight in an attempt to build it back up again.

bear in mind, im 6 foot 1 and close to 240, so theres an element of pride involved....i dont wanna be the guy benching the bar only, but id rather do that and build it up than have surgery.

anyway, feel free to chime in anyway you wanna, thanks

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OKFit: Need some advice, regarding injury [View all] , murderbear, Tue Dec-30-14 09:50 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
buy my book:
Dec 30th 2014
Looks awesome. Copped it too.
Dec 30th 2014
Bought! ....and inbox
Dec 30th 2014
Good looking out, I shot you an inbox back.
Dec 30th 2014
Thought I had a shoulder injury about a month ago
Dec 30th 2014
sleep is a prob for me too...
Dec 30th 2014
I'm going through this exact issue
Dec 31st 2014
You probably need to take it slower and do some accessory work
Dec 31st 2014
no doubt
Dec 31st 2014
Good that you got j stews book.