Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12682187

Subject: "Nothing better AND worse than a house full of family" Previous topic | Next topic
John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 10:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Nothing better AND worse than a house full of family"

In the past couple of years, my nuclear family has become an anchor family. Our house has become the holiday destination. It was a logical choice since we have the young kids and the most space. I really enjoy having a house full of fam, that is until I actually have a house full of fam.

Few things make me happier than serving a big meal. Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner and one big breakfast, I got, but all the other meals, lord jesus. Dining out? My in-laws don't like anything except, Chinese, Korean and Fried chicken/seafood. They're slow AF and it takes at least two hours to get the group out the door.

And then there's the HOUSING of said people. We have a decent sized home, by city standards, but I don't think we can comfortably house 9 adults, a teen and two small children...especially since I don't want anyone sleeping in the living room. I don't have an issue with living room sleeping in general, but I don't want anyone sleeping there on Xmas eve. It's a high traffic area, plus I don't want to get up before the kids and clean that area for the pictures. Of course, EVERYONE has to stay at the house. Koreans believe as long as you have floor, you have room for people, and I can't tell MY side of the fam that they're the ones who have to stay at a hotel.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Nothing better AND worse than a house full of family [View all] , John Forte, Mon Dec-22-14 10:01 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
that does sound awesome and terrible
Dec 22nd 2014
i will just use this post to rant
Dec 22nd 2014
I've opted out of Christmas this year. Thanksgiving was enough for me
Dec 22nd 2014
this post could also be about Colombians verbatim
Dec 22nd 2014
Why would anyone want their family to not stay with them?
Dec 22nd 2014
This alone may make me move to the Suburbs
Dec 22nd 2014
empty nest
Dec 22nd 2014
I was looking forward to that this year...
Dec 22nd 2014
it is my sincere aspiration to be the Anchor house
Dec 22nd 2014
Sounds equal parts exciting and nerve racking....this though-->
Dec 22nd 2014

Lobby General Discussion topic #12682187 Previous topic | Next topic