Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNothing better AND worse than a house full of family
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12682187&mesg_id=12682187
12682187, Nothing better AND worse than a house full of family
Posted by John Forte, Mon Dec-22-14 10:01 AM
In the past couple of years, my nuclear family has become an anchor family. Our house has become the holiday destination. It was a logical choice since we have the young kids and the most space. I really enjoy having a house full of fam, that is until I actually have a house full of fam.

Few things make me happier than serving a big meal. Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner and one big breakfast, I got, but all the other meals, lord jesus. Dining out? My in-laws don't like anything except, Chinese, Korean and Fried chicken/seafood. They're slow AF and it takes at least two hours to get the group out the door.

And then there's the HOUSING of said people. We have a decent sized home, by city standards, but I don't think we can comfortably house 9 adults, a teen and two small children...especially since I don't want anyone sleeping in the living room. I don't have an issue with living room sleeping in general, but I don't want anyone sleeping there on Xmas eve. It's a high traffic area, plus I don't want to get up before the kids and clean that area for the pictures. Of course, EVERYONE has to stay at the house. Koreans believe as long as you have floor, you have room for people, and I can't tell MY side of the fam that they're the ones who have to stay at a hotel.