Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13498886

Subject: "When you lose someone close to you, you don't remember the year." Previous topic | Next topic
stravinskian
Member since Feb 24th 2003
12753 posts
Sat Feb-10-24 12:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "When you lose someone close to you, you don't remember the year."
In response to In response to 0

Putting aside all the other political smarminess of the report, the claims about his not knowing when his son died were really disgusting to me.

I can't speak for others' experiences, but in my experience, when you go through something as traumatic as that the last thing you're gonna remember is the date. For one thing, that's the least important part of the story. And for another thing, the time before suddenly seems less real and you never forget that the time after will go on forever.

I lost my dad at some point when I was in middle school. Middle school is as much as I know about the year and I only remember that much because I remember which teachers had horribly awkward conversations with me about it. If I needed to know the year I'd have to stare into space and start doing calculations.

It's always triggered a weird kind of internal shame for me, but everyone I know who's gone through something similar has said the same thing. I've been seeing commentators of all political stripes, who've clearly never gone through anything half as traumatic as that, saying that this man is broken because he responded to grief in a totally normal way, and it's really disgusting.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

No charges for Biden in documents case - but Prosecutor says 'His brain ... [View all] , handle, Fri Feb-09-24 10:34 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I really hope the media is trying to cake up and this election aint clos...
Feb 09th 2024
Y'all got this relax.
Feb 09th 2024
Garland picked him
Feb 09th 2024
They gonna replace Biden right before the election
Feb 09th 2024
lmao at his dying wish
Feb 09th 2024
Release Kamala lol
Feb 09th 2024
If anyone else did this they would be under the prison
Feb 09th 2024
"Biden isn't suffering form cognitive decline"
Feb 09th 2024
RBG 2.0
Feb 09th 2024
damn.
Feb 10th 2024
Barrack Obama said there were 57 states.
Feb 09th 2024
people always use that obama thing re: bush, trump, Joe
Feb 10th 2024
The Other Guy Said He's Leading Obama in the Polls
Feb 10th 2024
^^^ I remember the year that my mom died but ...
Feb 12th 2024

Lobby General Discussion topic #13498886 Previous topic | Next topic