Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13204984

Subject: "lol... the ever shifting demands of work" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 02:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"lol... the ever shifting demands of work"

so just over a week ago (Friday the 13th) I was given the opportunity to take on a new area of responsibility with work that involves some cross training and a learning curve... cool enough... especially since it may help me turn this contract which ends in march into perm employment.

So I was given my first assignment for this new role and then given an ETA of 6 to 8 weeks for completion. the task involves a lot of information gathering from third party sources and then some technical work and expertise from myself.... should be easy enough, I'm good at what I do and this isn't really anything out of the ordinary or super challenging given my vast experience.

except that I am now getting all kinds of pressure to have the task done one week and two business days into it.. I'm basically having to hound these 3rd parties much more than I am comfortable with because I can't proceed without their info.. I like to cultivate the rapport and relationship with those I need help and support from not come off like a nagging a55... but I'm not given any choice since the 6-8 week ETA has basically become a "yesterday"... meanwhile the group within our project that is supposed to provide much of the information to me and coordinate with the 3rd parties and the business user at the end of the project has passed the buck saying "This just makes it easier in case there’s further questions as I’d rather not be the middle man."

smdh

in an hour I get to have a meeting with my TL who is all up to speed on the sitch but leaning on me and the speaker of the above quote who is the one applying the pressure I believe. meanwhile I've already contacted both 3rd parties twice each today to try and move things along with only limited response from one of them on something I posed last Thursday.

If you read all this thanks for listening I'm sure your job as it's fair share of grief too.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

lol... the ever shifting demands of work [View all] , PG, Mon Oct-23-17 02:35 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
You have documentation for that original 6-8 week timeline?
Oct 23rd 2017
I have it in a saved MS Lync conversation with my TL
Oct 23rd 2017
get er dun!
Oct 23rd 2017
believe me I'm trying
Oct 23rd 2017
issa setup
Oct 23rd 2017
ha nope.. just got out of a meeting
Oct 23rd 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13204984 Previous topic | Next topic