Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12877957

Subject: "RE: OkParents: Back to school expectations" Previous topic | Next topic
Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 11:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "RE: OkParents: Back to school expectations"
In response to In response to 0

My 3 year old starts preschool at a STEM based school. I'm excited, and a little scared. 4 days a week, off on Fridays. 9-2.

By the time she starts she will: be able to write her name (she's already writing the first name). Though sometimes she writes her E's backwards.

She knows her colors, how to count 1-30 (without mistakes), by 2s, by 5s, how to use safety scissors, her letters, the sound each letter makes, how to spell her first name and last name, her shapes. And, her vocabulary is quite extensive. Its almost scary!

I'm hoping that by the end of the year she's working on addition and subtraction. I know that they use the abacus so maybe she will learn that method. I really don't want her to be scared of math and science. And hopefully, she will be reading. We've been working on phonics and sight words here at home. I am looking forward to seeing where she will be by the end of the year.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OkParents: Back to school expectations [View all] , JellyBean, Wed Aug-12-15 09:54 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
she going to preschool or kindergarten?
Aug 12th 2015
preschool
Aug 12th 2015
      another year of preschool. similar boat as you with the bday.
Aug 12th 2015
           I'm not sure I'm ready
Aug 12th 2015
                yeah, i definitely did on his first 1st day. haha
Aug 12th 2015
the youngest in in pre-K. oldest here at homeschool w/ me
Aug 12th 2015
I wish I could homeschool
Aug 12th 2015
      I hope not
Aug 12th 2015
She's awesome!