Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12782503

Subject: "Chris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw)" Previous topic | Next topic
b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 07:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Chris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw)"
Thu Apr-16-15 07:32 AM by b.Touch

Well, sorta.

It's a similar series called "Hansen vs. Predator". The "To Catch a Predator" segments on "Dateline NBC" was canceled after a Terrell, Texas district attorney killed himself following his "To Catch a Predator" related sting, and his sister sued NBCUniversal for $100 million.

http://gawker.com/chris-hansen-wants-you-to-pay-for-him-to-keep-hitting-o-1697829604

Chris Hansen Wants You to Pay for Him to Keep Hitting on Sex Offenders

Famed sexter and former To Catch a Predator host Chris Hansen isn't letting a lawsuit or a scandal or losing all his money get him down . Especially not when he can have yours instead. Tomorrow, Hansen will launch a Kickstarter campaign for a new series that is apparently not a joke: Hansen vs. Predator.

Hansen gushed about his nadir in a recent LA Times profile, explaining that he'd "shopped the new series around to different TV networks and syndications, but found that 'the best way to do this is shoot the next investigation and show that we have it.'" Which is a very nice way of saying that his show made the same networks that air footage of women compulsively eating their husbands ashes vaguely uncomfortable.

Obviously, the internet of today is nearly unrecognizable from his chatroom-based heyday in the mid-aughts. But Chris is ready, informing the LA Times very specifically that "now there are 22 ways to communicate online." The 22 are, of course: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, e-mail, Grindr, Snapchat, Tindr, Meerkat, Tumblr, Snapchat, Yik Yak, Kik, SMS, Craigslist, Skype, Snapchat, Google Docs, Snapchat, the forums at Halloween.com, Vine, Snapchat, and Kinja.

If you do decide to give your money to the former host and adulterer, your rewards—in addition to once again being able to revel in another damaged human's criminal sickness—could include sex offender-themed t-shirts and mugs. Plus, if you have $150 to blow, you can snag an outgoing voicemail message from Chris Hansen himself, likely something along the lines of "Hi, I'm Chris Hansen," "Take a seat," or "Please, let me die."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Chris Hansen starts Kickstarter to bring back "To Catch a Predator" (sw) [View all] , b.Touch, Thu Apr-16-15 07:21 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
if he did this show and let Cam'ron do the hood segments, I'd give $100
Apr 16th 2015
I love, Love, LOVED that show
Apr 16th 2015
I am seriously considering contributing a donation to this show
Apr 16th 2015
did that show ever feature any female offenders?
Apr 16th 2015
LMAO and catch a FINE one at that!! Maybe women are smarter tho
Apr 17th 2015
how is that 100mil suit not immediately dismissed? lol
Apr 16th 2015
they settled out of court.
Apr 16th 2015
No thanks
Apr 16th 2015
I'm not sending him any loot...
Apr 16th 2015
!
Apr 17th 2015
      One of my peeps called me...
Apr 23rd 2015
           I always wondered what happened to these dudes after they got arrested
Apr 23rd 2015
                The craziest one is the dude who got caught twice
Apr 23rd 2015
                Don't know the disposition of his case
Apr 23rd 2015
I'm tryna see "To catch a catfish predator"
Apr 17th 2015
That Show Was Awesome
Apr 17th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12782503 Previous topic | Next topic